Prospect Info: Ville Heinola, LD, Finland (20th Overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
A scouting report on him courtesy of Lastwordonhockey.com:

Ville Heinola continues his rapid ascent up our draft rankings. Heinola has quickly advanced this season, playing in Finland’s top men’s league where he has two goals and 10 assists for 12 points in 34 games for Lukko. He took his game to another level in the SM-Liiga playoffs with a goal and three assists in seven games. He also played nine games in the Finnish Under-20 league, putting up one goal and eight assists to be a point-per-game player in his short time in that league this year.
Heinola has also represented his country on a number of occasions. He played on the World Junior squad, winning a gold medal and putting up two points in six games. In the summer, he picked up two assists in four games at the Hlinka-Gretzky Cup. Last season, Heinola scored three assists in five games for Finland at the Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. He has joined the Finnish team and is preparing for the 2019 IIHF Under-18 World Hockey Championship.

Full report at: Ville Heinola Scouting Report: 2019 NHL Draft #18 - Last Word on Hockey

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Wanted Krebs as he was falling but from my last second cramming Heinola was the top D I wanted that was realistic for us. Is just the kind of dman you want the way the NHL is going, as long as we have a coach that will play them :sarcasm:

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Morrissey
Heinola
Samberg
Stanley

can't fit em all in the lineup

I'm generously considering Niku as a RD

Status
Not open for further replies.