Ville Heinola, 18yo is carrying the Winnipeg Jets defense

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Heinola was scratched last game.

I think if Niku can reach a respectable level that we all expect, Heinola will be cut after 9 games. The Jets defense looks average, and I don't expect nothing from Byfuglien, as we don't even know his shape if he ever come back.

Morrissey
Pionk
Kulikov
Poolman
Niku
Bitteto

It will be the Jets defense until at least Christmas time, unless they have positive results and running for the playoffs, there I think Chevy will try to move someone for a top 4 dman.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
In Mother Winnipeg we don't have D, just 5 forwards.
shopImg1.jpg
A set of teeth on that guy.

Reactions: Devonator

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I keep reading that there are no new updates on Byfuglien.
Is the subtext of his decision on the eve of training camp that he was just out-of-shape from not training in the summer, and he is just getting started a bit later in the year?

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Any stats to back that? It is kinda weird.
I don't think any stats are meaningful over such a small sample size and I'm too lazy to look them up.

But watching the games, he's pretty consistently made good defensive reads and moved the puck up ice quickly. He can definitely get outmuscled in front of the net and in the corners, but he's still been better than most of the Jets D. Looks like a blend of young Morrissey and Enstrom.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Likely going down to the Moose after a well deserved heritage classic start. This team in general is a tire-fire.
Yep ppl taking his 2 press box games as him not playing well are wrong. He will get the heritage classic and be sent to Europe to develop

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
We have the option of either from what we've heard. Iirc 1st round picks can be sent to the AHL even if they have a contract. And as a Liiga fan mentioned he wouldn't even be on their top pairing.

Liiga club has the first choice as per the transfer agreement. If the player wants to play in the AHL, then they won't stand in his way. Based on his 5-on-5 stats and physical immaturity, Liiga might the better option.

Reactions: Helsinki Hurricanes

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Liiga club has the first choice as per the transfer agreement. If the player wants to play in the AHL, then they won't stand in his way. Based on his 5-on-5 stats and physical immaturity, Liiga might the better option.

I suppose the biggest consideration is whether Winnipeg would want to recall him at any point in the year or if they want his contract to slide. The AHL is obviously the better choice for the former.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad