Ville Heinola, 18yo is carrying the Winnipeg Jets defense

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
They haven’t exactly been carried anywhere but he’s looked noticeably better than their other D, which is still impressive at that age.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Well, last game he already got 23.01 TOI and had 5 SOG. Also already has 2 assists in 3 games. I would have thought Kakko or Hughes would be the first ones to score in that draft class but no it's Heinola, the 20th pick.

Who cares if he's the first to score. At the end of the day, Devils and Rangers would never trade Hughes or Kakko for Heinola.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Who cares if he's the first to score. At the end of the day, Devils and Rangers would never trade Hughes or Kakko for Heinola.

Wow, you can't just say things like that. What if you just put a hex on them? Rangers and Devils fans will riot!

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
Wow, you can't just say things like that. What if you just put a hex on them? Rangers and Devils fans will riot!

I wouldn't worry about devils fans rioting. I wonder what the threshold is for the number of people for a riot?

Ranger fans are a different story.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I wouldn't worry about devils fans rioting. I wonder what the threshold is for the number of people for a riot?

Ranger fans are a different story.

Are they though? I heard there's too many suits on their phones up in MSG for the atmosphere to really get crazy.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Looks like a steal to me. I question how high his ceiling is, but I think he can be an effective 2/3 D.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Heinola has more points than Kyle Connor right now.
Sure it was a necessity to keep him in the NHL, but I don't think anyone expected him to play this well. Pionk has been a serviceable RHD too (sorry NYR fans), and Ville has easily been our 2nd best D-man behind Morrissey.

Reactions: hn777

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I don't think he's carrying the d. But I think he has been good and better than a lot of members of that blueline.

That being said, this fantastic level of play could very well stunt his career. He isn't physically ready to be playing. I know people will be like, "YOU HABBENT WATCH HIM. HE IS GOOD." and yes, he has been good, but physically I think there is an increased probability you ruin your long term asset if you play him a certain way and play him too much.

Some good examples of this are Bogosian, Sbisa. Ya he could take off but if you put him in a situation to fail like they'd be doing on this blueline, playing against big bodies, you're playing with fire when it comes to his future. Both in terms of his potential style of play, and in terms of his long term health.

I think he and the even younger Bjorfot have been fantastic. But I think both should be returned to their clubs around the 9 game mark.

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
I don't think he's carrying the d. But I think he has been good and better than a lot of members of that blueline.

That being said, this fantastic level of play could very well stunt his career. He isn't physically ready to be playing. I know people will be like, "YOU HABBENT WATCH HIM. HE IS GOOD." and yes, he has been good, but physically I think there is an increased probability you ruin your long term asset if you play him a certain way and play him too much.

Some good examples of this are Bogosian, Sbisa. Ya he could take off but if you put him in a situation to fail like they'd be doing on this blueline, playing against big bodies, you're playing with fire when it comes to his future. Both in terms of his potential style of play, and in terms of his long term health.

I think he and the even younger Bjorfot have been fantastic. But I think both should be returned to their clubs around the 9 game mark.
What's the reasoning behind this?

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
That's why they have given up 14 goals in 3 games? And are 1-2.
biteto dahlstrom poolman kulikov.. that good for 5 goals a game right there... so if u look at it that way were 1 goal better than we shld be! and with all that said i still wouldnt give myers that contract he ahs now to bring him back

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
now to be serious give him his 9 games and send him down to develop with confidence in the ahl rinse repeat until hes to good to send back down hopefully next year or year after

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
I pretty much agree with you but a massive grain of salt? Is he crying for happiness cause Heinola is so good?
I mean, it ir Mr. Thomas he's talking about. That poster just looks at stats on NHL.com with blue/white glasses, searching for anything related to Finland. Sadly, that's something even swedish hockey "experts" are doing these days. Guess national pride is everything these days..

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
I mean, it ir Mr. Thomas he's talking about. That poster just looks at stats on NHL.com with blue/white glasses, searching for anything related to Finland. Sadly, that's something even swedish hockey "experts" are doing these days. Guess national pride is everything these days..

Why should people in Europe care about teams that are located thousands of miles away from them? They care about their countrymen playing in those teams, it's that simple.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
For now, at least. If you mean "never" as actually "never", then you're being pretty hasty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad