Ville Heinola, 18yo is carrying the Winnipeg Jets defense

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
Who would have thought that Ville Heinola has had the biggest impact from the 2019 draft class so far. Last game he already got 23.01 TOI and had 5 SOG. Also already has 2 assists in 3 games. I would have thought Kakko or Hughes are the first ones to score in that draft class but no it's Heinola, the 20th pick.

It's crazy to think that this 18yo boy is basically carrying the Winnipeg defense now :D

Ville-Heinola-Jets.jpg

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
Not saying he's not doing well for a rookie d-man, just saying the jets defense looks like a huge mess with some big names missing from last season.

Yeah I know that. That was last season. Defense is not quite good in WPG but now Ville is the biggest name though.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I loved the pick. People think Jets got hosed by us (NYR) for Trouba, but this pick is going to one that matters.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I loved the pick. People think Jets got hosed by us (NYR) for Trouba, but this pick is going to one that matters.
Kid played well in the Men's Finnish league last season IIRC. Figured, he would spend the season in the AHL Jets lost their entire RHD from last season along with Chariot. If Buff doesn't come back, it's going to be a tough season.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Like a bit everyone, I think it is impressive the kid made the team at 18 as a D. Not many players have done that! Kudos to him.

However the fact he has to play first pair minutes with Neal frickin Pionk says more about the catastrophic D situation over there than about anything else.

Reactions: jetsforever

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Yeah I know that. That was last season. Defense is not quite good in WPG but now Ville is the biggest name though.

No Ville isn't the biggest name, the biggest name is Buff and why he isn't playing.

the best current Dman on the active roster is Josh Morrisey.

Ville is holding his own but will be exposed if Morrisey is out for any length of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad