Ville de Québec Part VIII: Et c'est pas fini, ce n'est qu'un début

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Yes! lol

Lebanquier-38035.jpg

Our friends need to know PKP's wife host a french version of "Beat the banker", called, le Banquier..

Is it me, or this really looks like a shaded PKP. BTW that lady is PKP's wife.

Simerc

Feb 12, 2012
That's still my entry:

Québec City Part IX: Gens du pays ... (c'est votre tour)

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
Part IX: Come for the hockey, stay for the poutine? (Authentic Quebec poutine is one of the many things I miss about my time in Quebec.)

I'd put that into French, but I don't want to insult the Francophones on here with my subpar French.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
First, if the Coyotes don't end up moving to Quebec, but the City does end up with an expansion team, that team will automatically become my second favorite NHL team. If the coyotes do move to Quebec they will obviously be my first favorite team. As such, I consider myself a Nordiques fan now, regardless of what happens to my team. Personally, I'm pretty skeptical of Patrick Roy running the show. I feel like the Remparts are a bit like the Yankees of the Q. As such, I feel like his results running that team are really good, but not good enough. Having endured what Gretzky did to us when he was running our franchise, I feel like us Nordiques fans may have dodged a little bit of a bullet today. I could be way off and he may prove me way wrong in the long run. Just glad it is Colorado that's decided to gamble on Roy.

calmdown

Jul 8, 2012
Quebec City
First, if the Coyotes don't end up moving to Quebec, but the City does end up with an expansion team, that team will automatically become my second favorite NHL team. If the coyotes do move to Quebec they will obviously be my first favorite team. As such, I consider myself a Nordiques fan now, regardless of what happens to my team. Personally, I'm pretty skeptical of Patrick Roy running the show. I feel like the Remparts are a bit like the Yankees of the Q. As such, I feel like his results running that team are really good, but not good enough. Having endured what Gretzky did to us when he was running our franchise, I feel like us Nordiques fans may have dodged a little bit of a bullet today. I could be way off and he may prove me way wrong in the long run. Just glad it is Colorado that's decided to gamble on Roy.

Sure you would be a good Nords fan RT... But I hope you will keep your team and we will have something else :) Just keep watching....

Revo

Jun 29, 2011
Quebec City

Can't really compare with Gretzky, Roy went the long, right way. Could end up failing, I'm just saying he was a legitimate (eventual, potential, other conditional forms) candidate.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
Now that the supposedly made rumor about Roy joining Avalanche ended up being true, I wonder if Rejean Tremblay rumor comments about NHL and Quebecor negotiating is also going to end up true. One full week still in May.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011

I feel the same about Patrick Roy. Way overrated has a coach. His teams often under performed. I hope the Maloney rumors come true and he sings a long term contract. And he is willing to come to QC should the Coyotes move. He looks quite intelligent, i am sure he can learn french.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
AV would be my top choice for HC.

Mine would be keeping Tippett - if he wants to come, that is - and I agree 100% on your views on the Remparts and Patrick Roy. They have the most money in the Q and they benefited from guys saying they wouldn't come to the Q just to show up in Quebec City after the draft. It is not that hard to understand why they are always competitive. However, they often underachieve. My Victoriaville Tigres swept them a couple of years ago when they were supposed to challenge the Sea Dogs. Good times :)

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I don't think a recycled coach is the way to go for Quebec, either if they're Phoenix or if they're an expansion team. I think they should get new blood. There are plenty of good young coaches, in the Q, in the AHL, in Europe too. Historically, Quebec often thought outside the box. I hope this will be true of the new Nordiques franchise.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

I think Patrick is overrated as coach. He's a better GM.

But the thing with him is that what he brings is excitement and passion. And you need that if we want to build a rivalry with the Habs. You won't get that with King of boringness, Dave Tippett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad