Ville de Québec - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
If you guys do get the Yotes, you'd honestly be crazy not to retain Tippett. He's pretty much the reason why they suddenly became a playoff team after Gretzky walked.

The Jets firing the prior Thrashers head coach made sense, as he didn't accomplish anything (though not to say that Ramsay was bad). Tippett, on the other hand, has done a lot with the talent's he's got and you'd probably be hard pressed to find a more capable alternative to him.

Although, don't know if he speaks French or not.... :sarcasm:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
If you guys do get the Yotes, you'd honestly be crazy not to retain Tippett. He's pretty much the reason why they suddenly became a playoff team after Gretzky walked.

The Jets firing the prior Thrashers head coach made sense, as he didn't accomplish anything. Tippett, on the other hand, has done a lot with the talent's he's got and you'd probably be hard pressed to find a more capable alternative to him.

I'll personally teach him French if that's what's needed... :nod:

barneyg

Apr 22, 2007
Does that include when he was fired by Dallas?

lol, all coaches get fired, that doesn't prove anything. Given that Tippett has been unemployed for less than 6 months total since he began his coaching career, I'll go on and say rt's statement was pretty accurate.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
lol, all coaches get fired, that doesn't prove anything. Given that Tippett has been unemployed for less than 6 months total since he began his coaching career, I'll go on and say rt's statement was pretty accurate.

LOL?

I made no claims in an attempt to prove anything; in fact I just asked an offhand question of another poster. I've offered no personal opinion at all regarding Tippett's coaching abilities, other than to suggest earlier that if the Coyote's were to move to Quebec, given that there are just 30 NHL coaching jobs and that Tippett is an NHL coach, that he'd likely be willing to take an NHL opportunity - regardless of the locale.

Thanks for chiming in with a non sequitur retort though. I'm sure you feel you've proven whatever you thought you would when you took my words out of their intended offhand context.

Last edited:

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

The Jets firing the prior Thrashers head coach made sense, as he didn't accomplish anything (though not to say that Ramsay was bad). Tippett, on the other hand, has done a lot with the talent's he's got and you'd probably be hard pressed to find a more capable alternative to him.

Tippett is a good coach but would be the last choice possible in a place like Quebec. Because he's not the most media-friendly and coachs a trapping defensive style. JM lasted 2 years in Montreal, Tippett would last less than that. Dude brings in the boring.

Nordskull

WAITING FOR NORDS
Sep 29, 2011
Saguenay, Qc
That's not how that works and you know it. :) It's Quebec city, a team run by PKP.

By far, I better like a Tippett team playing for a spot in the playoffs then a Roy team at 14th place and I am not alone.

Don't bring the MTL thing in Qc city. We don't need that.

Remember the team would be weak weak. Doan and co will be looking for LA etc... I still cannot believe what Tippett is doing with a team which is always close to moving and playing in front of few fans. This is absolutly outstanding. What will it be in a sold out arena?

Or, bring Michel Therrien.

Please, don't tell me you want Roy, it's already an old record .

Stay on earth. Poor offensive teams need defensive play. And if you arePKP, you want them to play as long as possible, meaning, be in the playoffs.

Weak offence means defensive play if you want to compete.

With the years, I agree this would change. Of course, but don't do the mistake of getting rid of something that works.

Won't be spectacular, but efficient. Wanna beat MTL? Add a couple big guys to shake'em. That's the way to go.

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Tippett is a good coach but would be the last choice possible in a place like Quebec. Because he's not the most media-friendly and coachs a trapping defensive style. JM lasted 2 years in Montreal, Tippett would last less than that. Dude brings in the boring.

It's only boring when its your team being defeated by it. It's effective and seeing it executed properly is a thing of beauty. Same as winning.

Nordskull

WAITING FOR NORDS
Sep 29, 2011
Saguenay, Qc
You know there will be some good players available in july.

Let get a team first. It's not done at all. We are having fun but it's still far from being reality.

Revo

Jun 29, 2011
Quebec City
By far, I better like a Tippett team playing for a spot in the playoffs then a Roy team at 14th place and I am not alone.

Obviously, put like that :rolleyes:

The only problem is that it's not the actual choice. There's much more to it, and I'll go further into that later but am in a hurry right now.

Nordskull

WAITING FOR NORDS
Sep 29, 2011
Saguenay, Qc
Obviously, put like that :rolleyes:

The only problem is that it's not the actual choice. There's much more to it, and I'll go further into that later but am in a hurry right now.

How can there be a current choice as there is no team?

You are telling me they would get rid of Tippett after all we know?

Again: if he is doing outstanding in a horrible context, what will it be in a 16000 arena full of hockey mad people?

Anyway, good evening.. I'll read you later.

Last edited:

dennilfloss

Yes I love disco!
Jun 7, 2011
Ottawa
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Even though we were mostly winning under him, most people here in Ottawa hated the Jacques Martin watching-paint-dry defensive hockey system as much as we love the puck possession more offensive system that we see currently under Paul MacLean. Please no Jacques Martin or Dave Tippett with the Nordiques. Doesn't fit our gallic nature.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA

Spoken by a guy with Patrick Roy on his avatar, not surprising;)

But seriously, I would hope the Nordiques2.0 would learn a lesson from their neighbors to the south in Quebec. The focus on the wrong items has set the Canadiens back years in my opinion. Hire the best coach, the best General Manager, the best players regardless of their nationality.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

Don't bring the MTL thing in Qc city. We don't need that.

Remember the team would be weak weak. Doan and co will be looking for LA etc... I still cannot believe what Tippett is doing with a team which is always close to moving and playing in front of few fans. This is absolutly outstanding. What will it be in a sold out arena?

Or, bring Michel Therrien.

Please, don't tell me you want Roy, it's already an old record .

Stay on earth. Poor offensive teams need defensive play. And if you arePKP, you want them to play as long as possible, meaning, be in the playoffs.

Weak offence means defensive play if you want to compete.

With the years, I agree this would change. Of course, but don't do the mistake of getting rid of something that works.

Won't be spectacular, but efficient. Wanna beat MTL? Add a couple big guys to shake'em. That's the way to go.

Even after all that, it's Roy's job to lose. I'm pretty sure of it.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Even though we were mostly winning under him, most people here in Ottawa hated the Jacques Martin watching-paint-dry defensive hockey system as much as we love the puck possession more offensive system that we see currently under Paul MacLean. Please no Jacques Martin or Dave Tippett with the Nordiques. Doesn't fit our gallic nature.

Exactly. We need people with a pulse. Tippett was doing a decent enough decent job in Dallas but he and Gainey killed the market over there with their boring hockey.

Nordskull

WAITING FOR NORDS
Sep 29, 2011
Saguenay, Qc
Exactly. We need people with a pulse. Tippett was doing a decent enough decent job in Dallas but he and Gainey killed the market over there with their boring hockey.

Who's got more pulse then Guy Boucher?

He is 11th at the moment.

Gonna be fun to watch Roy crying at laughing umpires...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad