Ville de Québec - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllezlesBleus

Mar 8, 2012
Belgium
Basic rule for a logo: a children must be able to draw it.

I can't count the number of times I have drawn the N logo in my school books. And I'm still drawing it during some of the most boring classes at Université Laval.

Sure, this logo is aged. But when I look at the Rangers, the Habs, the Red Wings, the Bruins, the Blackhawks and the Maple Leafs it just confirms that sticking with the original logo (which was really popular and accepted in Quebec) is the thing to do. Sure, you can tweak it like all the Original Six teams did throughout the decades, but you never change it.

I think that the Buffalo Sabres experience juste prove my point: don't touch to the logo when the fan base rely so much to it.

The N may not be perfect, but generations of kids could draw it and dream that one day, maybe, they got to wear that symbol.

My suggestion, though: get rid of the red color! Blue must dominate!

What's your thought?

Last edited:

Nordiques

Feb 9, 2012
One trade PKP could do for the fans... Get Paul Stastny from Colorado... Imagine a Stastny with the 26 on the shirt... in Quebec....*** awesome !!! Réjean Tremblay said : 'Knowing PKP, he'll sign at least two good Quebecers !'

AllezlesBleus

Mar 8, 2012
Belgium
One trade PKP could do for the fans... Get Paul Stastny from Colorado... Imagine a Stastny with the 26 on the shirt... in Quebec....*** awesome !!! Réjean Tremblay said : 'Knowing PKP, he'll sign at least two good Quebecers !'

I totally agree with you. Stastny was a name we heard during the last trade deadline: the Avs are willing to trade him.

On the emotional level, this would be an awesome move for the Nordiques 2.0. But, I question this move on the hockey level: 6.6 million dollars per year for roughly 20 goals? Okay, two seasons ago he did nailed 79 points. But can he does that again? At 6.6 million, Stastny is a little too expensive for my taste.

Another great move for the Nords would be to acquire the rights to negociate with Alexander Radulov. He was the crowd's favorite when he won the Memorial Cup with Patrick Roy's Les Remparts in the LHJMQ.

Radu with the ''C'' of the Nords, that would be electric! But again, on the hockey level he passed the last years in the KHL. Would a come back in the NHL be successful? Not sure...

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I totally agree with you. Stastny was a name we heard during the last trade deadline: the Avs are willing to trade him.

On the emotional level, this would be an awesome move for the Nordiques 2.0. But, I question this move on the hockey level: 6.6 million dollars per year for roughly 20 goals? Okay, two seasons ago he did nailed 79 points. But can he does that again? At 6.6 million, Stastny is a little too expensive for my taste.

Another great move for the Nords would be to acquire the rights to negociate with Alexander Radulov. He was the crowd's favorite when he won the Memorial Cup with Patrick Roy's Les Remparts in the LHJMQ.

Radu with the ''C'' of the Nords, that would be electric! But again, on the hockey level he passed the last years in the KHL. Would a come back in the NHL be successful? Not sure...

I imagine the Nords would get the same home boost as the Jets have though. Even though for Stastny it wouldn't be as big a crow difference, everyone around him playing good would help

barneyg

Apr 22, 2007

(This is getting OT but..)

Radulov would be pretty good in the NHL but it makes no sense for Nashville to trade his rights after waiting for him for come back all these years.

As for Stastny, if the cap stays the same they have about 30 million in cap space for next season with only 5 forward spots and maybe 1 D spot (depending on whether they want to give Rundblad a chance). With Grabovski getting 5.5 million, I think they could do worse than Stastny at 6.6 in this year's relatively thin UFA market (I'm going by conventional wisdom here -- I'm not sure this year's market is especially thin).

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
We've got Vermette who's a former Rempart. Simon Gagne and Mike Ribeiro would probably be a whole lot cheaper to acquire than Stastny or Radulov. Certainly less dramatic acquisitions, but less crippling to the future.

I wouldn't go trading away the young D corps that Don Maloney has worked so hard to accumulate.

Yandle, OEL, Gormley, Rundblad, Schlemko, Summers, Stone, and Murphy comprise arguably the best young corps of blue liners and blue line depth in the NHL. Hell, even Klesla is fairly young.

The nice part about this group for QC is it's heavily European and former QMJHL. Both categories of players likely being a little less aprehensive about playing for the Nordiques.

Our non UFA forward group also has a lot of European upside in Vrbata, Hanzal, Korpikoski, and Boedker. As well as some French upside in Vermette and Brule. That's already six of twelve.

Nordskull

WAITING FOR NORDS
Sep 29, 2011
Saguenay, Qc
We've got Vermette who's a former Rempart. Simon Gagne and Mike Ribeiro would probably be a whole lot cheaper to acquire than Stastny or Radulov. Certainly less dramatic acquisitions, but less crippling to the future.

I wouldn't go trading away the young D corps that Don Maloney has worked so hard to accumulate.

Yandle, OEL, Gormley, Rundblad, Schlemko, Summers, Stone, and Murphy comprise arguably the best young corps of blue liners and blue line depth in the NHL. Hell, even Klesla is fairly young.

The nice part about this group for QC is it's heavily European and former QMJHL. Both categories of players likely being a little less aprehensive about playing for the Nordiques.

Our non UFA forward group also has a lot of European upside in Vrbata, Hanzal, Korpikoski, and Boedker. As well as some French upside in Vermette and Brule. That's already six of twelve.

Gagne is way to fragile. A big question mark on injuries.

Ribeiro would be awesome in Qc. I can't think at what MTLers would think if he would end in Qc city. I think he would like the challenge and be an instant star.

But, in the end, we could speculate endlessly but first, need a team...

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
One thing about Rundblad is that he can make some dumb defensive mistakes. But he has the potential for a very big offensive upside

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Gagne is way to fragile. A big question mark on injuries.

Ribeiro would be awesome in Qc. I can't think at what MTLers would think if he would end in Qc city. I think he would like the challenge and be an instant star.

But, in the end, we could speculate endlessly but first, need a team...

Gagne would not cost a lot of $ to sign. I am sure he is a great guy to have in the room. Ribeiro sure would be an awesome fit here, great showman and would fit perfectly with Quebecor's style,

HabsByTheBay

Dec 3, 2010
London
I think the logo is coming back, maybe with some Blue Jays-style mods but it's telling that the arena model had the Nordiques logo and PKP has been seen in Nordiques gear. David Thomson wanted NOTHING to do with the classic Jets logo.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Rt, who are the best offensive Coyotes prospect?

There really aren't any. Chris Brown should be a beast bit more of a third line bull dog. Lucas Lessio is looking pretty sharp, but who knows? Andy Miele could he great or could be a bust. We just signed Shinniman, whos like the WHL version of Miele. That's about it though. The cupboards are pretty bare on offense.

Material Defender

Mar 22, 2011
I think the logo is coming back, maybe with some Blue Jays-style mods but it's telling that the arena model had the Nordiques logo and PKP has been seen in Nordiques gear. David Thomson wanted NOTHING to do with the classic Jets logo.

A picture's worth a thousand words! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad