[VIDEO] McDavid NOT Scoring

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
This video is great. They accidentally included a Drake goal though

Also, they missed this one play on MTL Subban where he tried a behind the back shot that barely missed

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Ya it's one of those videos that really makes me wonder how anyone picked / picks Crosby over him.

He's simply a better player. Best in the world.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The move on Doughty is insane. I think I've watched it about 20 times in succession.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Nice Sarcasm lol.

Best player in the NHL, or up there with Crosby. Take your pick, but there's definitely a significant gap consisting those two to the rest of the league.

Crosby is barely better than Malkin, that goes for McDavid as well. I'd throw Karlsson's name in as well

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
He turned Doughty into a pylon.. that was one of my favorite plays from last season.

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
McDavid is most likely the best hockey player of all time, taking out the context of past players vs their peers.

Other guys during their time may have been more dominant vs their peers. Def a generational talent, his skill is undeniable.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
McDavid is most likely the best hockey player of all time, taking out the context of past players vs their peers.

Other guys during their time may have been more dominant vs their peers. Def a generational talent, his skill is undeniable.

I would still say Crosby, Ovechkin, and Malkin at their best are actually better, not just compared to their peers. Crosby right now is atleast as good if not slightly better still as we saw in the playoffs. I'm tempted to throw peak Forsberg in there too. Still think Datsyuk at his peak is comparable as well.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
I would still say Crosby, Ovechkin, and Malkin at their best are actually better, not just compared to their peers. Crosby right now is atleast as good if not slightly better still as we saw in the playoffs. I'm tempted to throw peak Forsberg in there too. Still think Datsyuk at his peak is comparable as well.
Forsberg was ridiculously good hockey player.

Crosby right now is better than McDavid, but McDavid's pure skill might be a step above. Once he perfects his game to the extent Crosby has, he'll be better than Crosby ever was. His skillset has a higher ceiling than Crosby, IMO.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Could you imagine him with a better shot to top all that off? Imagine him coming in with all that speed and ripping it from just beyond the hashmarks instead of trying to deke the goalie every time.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I am of the opinion that McDavid is the absolute best standstill to top speed skater in NHL history. I think other guys had higher top speed, but the way McDavid is in full stride before anyone knows what's happening is unbelievable. You can actually hear some of those poor defencemen's brains screaming if you listen close enough.

Couple that with the fact his brain also works on another level, and he's capable of stickhandling, deking, passing, and shooting at top speed... the sky is the limit.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Most skilled player with the puck at full speed in NHL history... and it is not even close.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If he can develop his shot, which he said he focused on this summer ... the gap between him and other players is going to become really, really obvious.

He can simply do things on the ice no one else on the planet can.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
He's really must see TV. Watch every game if your a hockey fan, cause your missing out. What he pulls off every night will blow your mind.

If you have a chance watch him live. It will blow your mind even more.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I'd say they are about equal in that regard. One was a goal scorer. One is a playmaker.

Nope, McDavid's ability is beyond Bure's. He's a better stickhandler and playmaker at top speed, and he's an even better overall skater, slightly faster too IMO. He is hands down the best player with the puck at top speed in history.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Forsberg was ridiculously good hockey player.

Crosby right now is better than McDavid, but McDavid's pure skill might be a step above. Once he perfects his game to the extent Crosby has, he'll be better than Crosby ever was. His skillset has a higher ceiling than Crosby, IMO.

Yeah, overall I still think Forsberg from the 2000-05 era would be a better overall player than McDavid today, although he may not put up as many points.
McDavid is still so raw, but I agree with you that if he can manage to improve other parts of his game he is going to end up the best player we've witnessed within the next 5 years IMO.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
McDavid is our generation's Bobby Orr. I think it was Bobby Clarke who said that the NHL was for all the best players in the world but they needed another league above it for Bobby Orr to go to. Thats what these McDavid clips remind me of.

Regardless of whether you think Gretzky was better than Orr (and I do), there has never been a player like Bobby Orr that was so obviously better than everyone else.

Until McDavid came. He won't have the same hardware or records that Gretzky ended up with - and maybe not even the same as Crosby - but from a "holy ****" perspective, he is our Bobby Orr.

And I say this as someone who has hated the Edmonton Oilers my entire life.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
McDavid is our generation's Bobby Orr. I think it was Bobby Clarke who said that the NHL was for all the best players in the world but they needed another league above it for Bobby Orr to go to. Thats what these McDavid clips remind me of.

Regardless of whether you think Gretzky was better than Orr (and I do), there has never been a player like Bobby Orr that was so obviously better than everyone else.

Until McDavid came. He won't have the same hardware or records that Gretzky ended up with - and maybe not even the same as Crosby - but from a "holy ****" perspective, he is our Bobby Orr.

And I say this as someone who has hated the Edmonton Oilers my entire life.

Lemieux had that same wow factor at his best, more so with the size and skill than with the speed, though he was also a great skater in his prime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad