[VIDEO] McDavid NOT Scoring

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
This is why Oilers fans know McDavid and his 100 point season isn't close to what he's capable of topping out at.

I think those in the East that only see the odd game or watch his highlight clips don't understand he's doing this type of stuff 2 or 3 times a period and a lot of the time either his teammates didn't finish or his release let him down (something he's dedicated the offseason to improving). In reality, though it can be said for every player, Connor could've, and probably should've finished with around at least 110-115 points last year.

Definitely capable of hitting 120 this year if he stays healthy and gets a little puck luck.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
He makes skating look like a joke

That's what really stands out from the video. I'm sure a lot of elite offensive players could have a video made of near misses. All impressive in their own way. But the way McDavid skates is unlike anything I've ever seen.

Such effortless skating for someone who is so impossibly fast. Always upright, head always up and looking for teammates. It's unreal.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
That's what really stands out from the video. I'm sure a lot of elite offensive players could have a video made of near misses. All impressive in their own way. But the way McDavid skates is unlike anything I've ever seen.

Such effortless skating for someone who is so impossibly fast. Always upright, head always up and looking for teammates. It's unreal.

Weird that everyone talks about his speed,

there are players that almost (maybe being generous, maybe not) have similar speeds,

but what really makes it look amazing for me are the headfakes and shimmies that he does.

A lot different of an experience than watching Grabner, Helm, that Woods guy from Jersey attack.

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
With all of the Matthews hype, it seems like McDavid is almost out of the spotlight. I hope he puts up a 40 point gap between him next season!

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
This is seriously better than any of those other McDavid highlight videos that come up when you search him on YT. The kid is just too good for the game.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Weird that everyone talks about his speed,

there are players that almost (maybe being generous, maybe not) have similar speeds,

but what really makes it look amazing for me are the headfakes and shimmies that he does.

A lot different of an experience than watching Grabner, Helm, that Woods guy from Jersey attack.

I'd say the big difference is the puck control. McDavid still has the puck on a string when he's at those speeds. Grabner and the others may be able to match McDavid's pure speed, but they look far more out of control when carrying the puck in full flight. Angles and gap control can neutralize speed, but with McDavid he still has the control to take advantage of that extra space defenders have to give him.

It becomes a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for defencemen. If they attempt to close that gap, than he's just going to blow past them; if they hang back, than he's just going to take advantage of that time and space). May God have mercy on the NHL if the kid develops a shot.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Just a pretty cool video if you haven't seen it already,

really wow'd me - as much as you can be wow'd by not scoring.

Hopefully he buries a couple more of these chances this year:

https://youtu.be/CJSkwqT-5wo

The amount of chances he gets compared to everyone else is off the charts. If he can finish more often this up coming season he easily hits 110+ points and will blow everyone out of the water. He's working on his shot a lot this off season, so hopefully (as he has said already) it can keep goaltenders guessing.

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
The best highlight video of Connor thus far, thank you!

The best offensive player in the league right there, at the tender age of 20.

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
This is why Oilers fans know McDavid and his 100 point season isn't close to what he's capable of topping out at.

I think those in the East that only see the odd game or watch his highlight clips don't understand he's doing this type of stuff 2 or 3 times a period and a lot of the time either his teammates didn't finish or his release let him down (something he's dedicated the offseason to improving). In reality, though it can be said for every player, Connor could've, and probably should've finished with around at least 110-115 points last year.

Definitely capable of hitting 120 this year if he stays healthy and gets a little puck luck.

I fully, fully agree. I've him at 110points approximately for this season, but he could be closing to 120, something like 35+85.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Yeah that's a sweet video. If he learns elite finishing ability ala Crosby he can score 120+ points.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
I hope he worked on his shot over the summer. He likes to hold on to the puck for a long time, he needs to do a bit more quick release shots like Crosby. Watch some Mogilny tape and see how he could score so much through the 5-hole.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
He's such an exciting player to watch. The way he burned Doughty is awesome. :laugh:

Even if Sid is the best of his generation, peak OV was more fun to watch and McDavid is providing similar excitement (although in different ways).

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
With all of the Matthews hype, it seems like McDavid is almost out of the spotlight. I hope he puts up a 40 point gap between him next season!

lol.

This video is absolutely ridiculous. If he becomes a slightly better finisher he could probably put up 120 at some point

Fear

Nov 17, 2014
There's nothing more exciting in the league right now than when McDavid gets the puck in his own zone and turns on the afterburners

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad