OT: Video Games

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Agree to disagree I guess. I've been having a blast with MS flight sim. Been playing through Gears Tactics, it's a new type of game for me and I enjoy it. LOVED the 2 Ori platformers. I'm not much of a racing fan, but Forza Horizon 4 is an objectively great game. Doom Eternal is coming (it's there on console already). Played Doom 2016 on gamepass. And in a month EA play is getting included. Oh, and Grounded in early access is very promising.

For the price, I don't have enough time to try everything I'd want to play.
Im not a big fan of Simulator and car games anymore , already played both ori on steam. I look forward for doom tho.
I just hope i can get a god damn 3080 or 3090 soon i gotta upgrade my stuff

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
All my games are digital except God of wars and Red dead redemption 2.
Literally just sold a normal ps4 (not pro) with 2-3 games at 275$. Im sure i can get 325 with my pro and those 2 games.

Digital is also -100$

You should buy physical copies until governments inact laws forcing license ownership to be transferable. Sony finally allows backwards compatibility, but they've been making money by re-selling the same licenses on new generation consoles. Buying mostly only digital will also kill the re-sale market.

Just my 2 cents

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
So I asked last year and asking again this year.

Anyone planning on getting NHL 21 for PS4 within the next few days? If so, would you want to join me and my friend in an EASHL team? Last season we played a few days a week for the first little while and slowly played less and less as time went on. I assume it'd be the same this time too. We mainly play 3 on 3.

We're not horrible but certainly not great. We mainly play for fun, but we still try to win.

We had a group facebook chat for the team since it was the easiest way to organize games.

If anyone wants to play either PM me or reply to this and I'll PM you.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Cyberpunk is looking real good. Only played about an hour and a half but it's already quite different from any games I've played before. Very dense and the story is well written. I got lucky to have a RTX 2060 so I can use DLSS, heard some people have had troubles with framerates.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Cyberpunk is looking real good. Only played about an hour and a half but it's already quite different from any games I've played before. Very dense and the story is well written. I got lucky to have a RTX 2060 so I can use DLSS, heard some people have had troubles with framerates.
My copy is waiting for me in my mailbox as we speak :thumbu:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

My first question for any open-world... how does it handle? Any comparisons?

Ultra sluggish a la RDR2? Smooth like Fallout4? Realistic like GTA? Extra smooth a la Hitman? Ultra bad like Watchdogs?

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec

Ultra sluggish a la RDR2? Smooth like Fallout4? Realistic like GTA? Extra smooth a la Hitman? Ultra bad like Watchdogs?

Haven't played enough to tell. And by handle I guess you mean FPS-wise and smoothness of gameplay? If so, with DLSS it's great. If it take it off not so much.

In comparison, Rdr2 runs well on my pc. Watch dogs 2 as well, but the anti aliasing is garbage, either it's pixelated or a bit too blurry. Can't play Fallout 4 as it doesn't handle HDD well.

Electricity

Aug 22, 2016
Louisville via St. P
So I asked last year and asking again this year.

Anyone planning on getting NHL 21 for PS4 within the next few days? If so, would you want to join me and my friend in an EASHL team? Last season we played a few days a week for the first little while and slowly played less and less as time went on. I assume it'd be the same this time too. We mainly play 3 on 3.

We're not horrible but certainly not great. We mainly play for fun, but we still try to win.

We had a group facebook chat for the team since it was the easiest way to organize games.

If anyone wants to play either PM me or reply to this and I'll PM you.

If I weren't solely a Switch player I'd join you. I was a really good RD back in the xbox 360 days. Would kill to get NHL on Switch.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Haven't played enough to tell. And by handle I guess you mean FPS-wise and smoothness of gameplay? If so, with DLSS it's great. If it take it off not so much.

In comparison, Rdr2 runs well on my pc. Watch dogs 2 as well, but the anti aliasing is garbage, either it's pixelated or a bit too blurry. Can't play Fallout 4 as it doesn't handle HDD well.

No, I meant the player controls, overall moving, strafing, actions and in-game mini-menu schemes.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl

Cars drive like GTA IV so, honestly kinda bad, and the shooting is fairly similar to Fallout 4 so i'd say "acceptable" on that part but otherwise it controls fine but it is a heavy game with a lot lot lot of things happening on the screen

The real issue is the bugs, my dude i've played a lot of games in my life and this is actually insane for a AAA title. They should've just admitted defeat and pushed it back another 6 months man haha, the first 3 cutscenes I had people glitching through walls and stuff

other than that, the game seems fun so far, easy to get lost in and the setting is interesting

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Cars drive like GTA IV so, honestly kinda bad, and the shooting is fairly similar to Fallout 4 so i'd say "acceptable" on that part but otherwise it controls fine but it is a heavy game with a lot lot lot of things happening on the screen

The real issue is the bugs, my dude i've played a lot of games in my life and this is actually insane for a AAA title. They should've just admitted defeat and pushed it back another 6 months man haha, the first 3 cutscenes I had people glitching through walls and stuff

other than that, the game seems fun so far, easy to get lost in and the setting is interesting

Car driving was so horrible in GTA4 but it became kind of a challenge to become good at it and I did after a lot of practice. GTA5's handling was pretty great though.

Thanks for the notice.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
That's my card as well. How's the game running?

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
That's my card as well. How's the game running?

I haven't played today I'm at work. But I went as far as completing the intro and it was running very well. Only thing though is that it's all a bit blurry with the DLSS, which wasn't surprising as it's how it looks in every games I've tried with it. Nevertheless, I get 60FPS almost all the time in the intro. But I haven't driven in the city, which is always a necessary test to see how a game runs. So can't fully respond atm.

People seem to be complaining a lot in steam forums and such. I guess if it runs poorly it may be frustrating, but for me this looks like a truly EPIC game. Feels so immersive, like next level type stuff.

Reactions: PhysicX

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
I haven't played today I'm at work. But I went as far as completing the intro and it was running very well. Only thing though is that it's all a bit blurry with the DLSS, which wasn't surprising as it's how it looks in every games I've tried with it. Nevertheless, I get 60FPS almost all the time in the intro. But I haven't driven in the city, which is always a necessary test to see how a game runs. So can't fully respond atm.
Okay thanks mate.
Any PC connaisseurs can tell me whether my system will run the game at low/medium fine? Basically why I'm hesitant to purchase the game.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
16GB Ram
GeForce RTX 2060

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Okay thanks mate.
Any PC connaisseurs can tell me whether my system will run the game at low/medium fine? Basically why I'm hesitant to purchase the game.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
16GB Ram
GeForce RTX 2060

You could just buy it and refund if it doesn't work. On steam if you play for less than 2 hours you can get a refund.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Okay thanks mate.

16GB Ram
GeForce RTX 2060
16_9_EN_3-_02qt7qdkx3b50kqk.jpg

I don't think you'll have any issue, as my understanding is the i5-9600k is better than the i7-4790, though I could be wrong.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
16_9_EN_3-_02qt7qdkx3b50kqk.jpg

I don't think you'll have any issue, as my understanding is the i5-9600k is better than the i7-4790, though I could be wrong.
Understood. Thank you Zaide, and long time no see on this forum. Hope all is good with you and your close ones.

Reactions: Kairi Zaide

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Any Smash players? Hey, it's light-hearted, I enjoy it.

The next character added is...

Sephiroth. I'm fine with it, I didn't know who anybody else they announced for the game this year was so....

Reactions: Electricity

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Same here. It seems RTX owners like us are doing fine. The rest and the console buyers should steer clear for now.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I'm also in my first steps in Cyberpunk. My PC seems to handle it but I haven't checked much the config yet, seems to be "lower" graphics

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I went back to play tonight and it looked rough in the city and while driving.

But, there's a silver lining. Make sure to have your game in high priority mode at all time (I use omen HP hub for that, but there's other ways like process lasso). Also, go to graphics settings and put Cyberpunk in high performance mode. Makes all the difference. I get close to 60fps all the time now.

Reactions: Andrei79

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad