OT: Video Games

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Bought a pc (from a particular) just to play fs 2020.
Not a beast machine but it should be able to run it decently (hopefully).

Downloading it right now.
Going to take ages !

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Feeling a big nostalgic, I played Metal Gear Solid on PSx yesterday. I LMAO when I saw this early in the game. It would've made a great Habs shoop 4 years ago:

dU0eSe.md.jpg

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Playing through Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light redux's on my half-decent laptop, as my next gaming purchase is likely to be Metro:Exodus.

Playing it in Russian with subtitles for the same reason that you have to watch Japanese anime in Japanese with subtitles, or watch Downfall in German with subtitles.

Great mix of tactical & stealth combat when opposed by humans versus full-on shotgun mayhem á la Doom when facing hordes of mutants......and the whole post-apocalyptic Moscow vibe makes a refreshing change to pretty much everything else on the shooter front.

Honourable mention to The Long Dark, which I've started to play again after hundreds of hours in it last year. You are, truly, the last human alive in a fictional Canadian island wilderness setting after all the lights have gone out......and the world is getting colder and colder. Real change of pace but a great game for anyone who loves planning, risk management, resource management, moments of zen and playing with no respawns / reloads as it's a perm death game that deletes your save if you freeze to death / get killed by the wolves or bears or moose.

Reactions: NobleSix

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Playing through Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light redux's on my half-decent laptop, as my next gaming purchase is likely to be Metro:Exodus.

Playing it in Russian with subtitles for the same reason that you have to watch Japanese anime in Japanese with subtitles, or watch Downfall in German with subtitles.

Great mix of tactical & stealth combat when opposed by humans versus full-on shotgun mayhem á la Doom when facing hordes of mutants......and the whole post-apocalyptic Moscow vibe makes a refreshing change to pretty much everything else on the shooter front.

Honourable mention to The Long Dark, which I've started to play again after hundreds of hours in it last year. You are, truly, the last human alive in a fictional Canadian island wilderness setting after all the lights have gone out......and the world is getting colder and colder. Real change of pace but a great game for anyone who loves planning, risk management, resource management, moments of zen and playing with no respawns / reloads as it's a perm death game that deletes your save if you freeze to death / get killed by the wolves or bears or moose.

Yeah I've been considering picking up that game (metro).. I used to play the STALKER series and loved it. Right now its mostly replaying dark souls 2 and an occasnional game of Dota. Got a kid now so the MOBA is a bit of a time sink , so DS2 is a safe as I can just drop it at any moment.

Reactions: Walrus26

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
I just finished Resident Evil 3 remake and started Days Gone a few days ago. Games are extremely cheap with rebates like 50-70% off!

Edit: Also before these 2, I played Ghost of Tsushima. Let me say, what a spectacular piece of visual art!

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Yeah I've been considering picking up that game (metro).. I used to play the STALKER series and loved it. Right now its mostly replaying dark souls 2 and an occasnional game of Dota. Got a kid now so the MOBA is a bit of a time sink , so DS2 is a safe as I can just drop it at any moment.
What rank are you in Dota2 , I had Divine 2 before i stopped playing a couple months back

Reactions: Censored Toad

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
I just finished Resident Evil 3 remake and started Days Gone a few days ago. Games are extremely cheap with rebates like 50-70% off!

Edit: Also before these 2, I played Ghost of Tsushima. Let me say, what a spectacular piece of visual art!
Man i bought Days gone at 60% off , started a game on highest difficulty , been a while that I died alot in a game. Still pretty much at the start, I also feel like my ps4 is gonna blow up everytime i open the map in the game.

For Ghost of Tsuhima , it's simply a masterpiece.

Reactions: Holystik

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Man i bought Days gone at 60% off , started a game on highest difficulty , been a while that I died alot in a game. Still pretty much at the start, I also feel like my ps4 is gonna blow up everytime i open the map in the game.

For Ghost of Tsuhima , it's simply a masterpiece.

I have a few games on hold until I buy a PS5. Hopefully, it will fix the lagging and loading time for PS4 games.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Yeah im using the ps4 pro and still. But Dayz gone in terms of playstation making tons of noise take the cake.
I got the game in digital so yeah ill mostly play it on my ps5..... when i can pre order one.............................
Have you guys had trouble getting a ps5 ordered i managed to get one on pre order the other day

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Yeah im using the ps4 pro and still. But Dayz gone in terms of playstation making tons of noise take the cake.
I got the game in digital so yeah ill mostly play it on my ps5..... when i can pre order one.............................

Don't need to be digital. PS5 will take PS4 BRs

I've had Days Gone (digital) since last x-max on a 50% sale, but haven't played much. Waiting for the PS5.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Don't need to be digital. PS5 will take PS4 BRs

I've had Days Gone (digital) since last x-max on a 50% sale, but haven't played much. Waiting for the PS5.
All my games are digital except God of wars and Red dead redemption 2.
Literally just sold a normal ps4 (not pro) with 2-3 games at 275$. Im sure i can get 325 with my pro and those 2 games.

Digital is also -100$

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
It's god damn sold out for a while for me. Since they f***ed up the launch :|.
Expected since its the only console with good exclusivity imo.

True for the Xbox One, but 360 had great exclusives, and the next gen is also going to have lots of console exclusives:

That said, I have a good PC so I'm getting a PS5 for the exclusives and NHL, I'll play everything else on gamepass PC.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
True for the Xbox One, but 360 had great exclusives, and the next gen is also going to have lots of console exclusives:

That said, I have a good PC so I'm getting a PS5 for the exclusives and NHL, I'll play everything else on gamepass PC.

Yeah i have high end pc and rocking the ps5 also.

Im not really impressed by those studios. Most of those game are indies or not doing well. Also have no faith over Bethesda even if microsoft just bought it. I have a free 3 months xbox sub on pc right now and the librairy is.... awful

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Yeah i have high end pc and rocking the ps5 also.

Im not really impressed by those studios. Most of those game are indies or not doing well. Also have no faith over Bethesda even if microsoft just bought it. I have a free 3 months xbox sub on pc right now and the librairy is.... awful
Agree to disagree I guess. I've been having a blast with MS flight sim. Been playing through Gears Tactics, it's a new type of game for me and I enjoy it. LOVED the 2 Ori platformers. I'm not much of a racing fan, but Forza Horizon 4 is an objectively great game. Doom Eternal is coming (it's there on console already). Played Doom 2016 on gamepass. And in a month EA play is getting included. Oh, and Grounded in early access is very promising.

For the price, I don't have enough time to try everything I'd want to play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad