OT: Video Games

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I went back to play tonight and it looked rough in the city and while driving.

But, there's a silver lining. Make sure to have your game in high priority mode at all time (I use omen HP hub for that, but there's other ways like process lasso). Also, go to graphics settings and put Cyberpunk in high performance mode. Makes all the difference. I get close to 60fps all the time now.

Your entire post is the reason I don't PC game much anymore.

Rather just plug n play with the PS5 i'll soon have.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Your entire post is the reason I don't PC game much anymore.

Rather just plug n play with the PS5 i'll soon have.

Tell me about it! Went back to gaming this year. Prior to that I only played Rocket League sporadically. I've spent so much time learning how to properly have my pc function, even though it's supposed to be a rather good pc. I'm now fairly confident that I know how to have it run properly, but still. Took me loads of time to understand.

Reactions: Electricity

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I went back to play tonight and it looked rough in the city and while driving.

But, there's a silver lining. Make sure to have your game in high priority mode at all time (I use omen HP hub for that, but there's other ways like process lasso). Also, go to graphics settings and put Cyberpunk in high performance mode. Makes all the difference. I get close to 60fps all the time now.

Did you download Nvidia's game ready drivers ? I did yesterday and I was getting 45-60fps on RT Ultra graphics with DLSS on, even when driving. 1080p though. Still, I was pretty surprised, not sure how long it'll hold up. I'll have more feedback after this week end.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Did you download Nvidia's game ready drivers ? I did yesterday and I was getting 45-60fps on RT Ultra graphics with DLSS on, even when driving. 1080p though. Still, I was pretty surprised, not sure how long it'll hold up. I'll have more feedback after this week end.

I have lots of games so I prefer using a driver that delivers overall in each one. I use the 452.06.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Does anyone know about Xbox game pass? I have Xbox Live Gold for Xbox one and I'm wondering if this game pass is worth it.

Also, for this game pass, do you have to download and store it on your system or is it in their cloud?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Does anyone know about Xbox game pass? I have Xbox Live Gold for Xbox one and I'm wondering if this game pass is worth it.

Also, for this game pass, do you have to download and store it on your system or is it in their cloud?

Xbox game pass Ultimate is 1$ for 3 months right now.
At the price, you shouldn't even bother wondering which one to pick

Reactions: Deebs

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Jesse Cox has invaded your server

Probably the hilarious moment of the game so far (as someone who follows him on twitch at times)

Attachments

• 20201211225646_1.jpg
    20201211225646_1.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 11

boompuffboom

Jul 10, 2007
sonuvabiiiiitch its going to be a rocky fall...

bf2042, farcry6, aliens fireteam.... i mean.... holy cow theres so many anticipated titles coming out q4 2021, q1 2022.... gonna be cra cra!

Reactions: Adam Michaels

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I technically haven’t directly purchased this game in 3 years. NHL 19 was free for XBox Gold and I’ve gotten 20 and 21 via EA Play which is free with XBox Game Pass, which I’ve subscribed to for other games.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I technically haven’t directly purchased this game in 3 years. NHL 19 was free for XBox Gold and I’ve gotten 20 and 21 via EA Play which is free with XBox Game Pass, which I’ve subscribed to for other games.

Game Pass for me this year too. Great gimmick, great value for the price.

Playing No Man's Sky on it ATM.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Meh, wish they'd have a simulation mode, I'm sick of the arcade type gameplay, I really wish we'd have a true hockey simulation to play, the slightly updated visuals for the new consoles won't make me spend 80$.

They have completely sucked the fun out of the gameplay for several years now.

When I was a kid, the EA brand used to be exciting, and cutting edge. Now they are stale and complacent. They are extra stale with the nhl franchise, and I guess that is because the market for this game is limited compared to their other benchmark franchises, combined with the fact that there is nobody else competing for this particular market share.

Reactions: SpeedyPotato

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
BUMP.

So hardly any of my friends have a PS5, and those who do likely won't be getting NHL 22 immediately. I enjoy playing EASHL, mainly 3 vs 3, but the occasional 5vs5 is fun too.

Anyone here plan on getting the game, and would want to play EASHL? I'd mainly be available on weekdays around 7-9 pm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad