OT: Video Games

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Looking to purchase/build a gaming PC (mostly for csgo). I would also require a headset with mic and keyboard, as I already bought a 144hz monitor (BenQ) and my bro got me a good mouse with large mousepad.

~$2500 would be my ideal spending amount. Go at it for those interested. It'll be my first gaming rig, so I'd appreciate any help.
just got a new pc this week i can give u my rig 2500$ was the cost and almost everything is last gen

i played csgo last night , had 500fps on mirage

Reactions: PhysicX

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Lol you don't need a 2500$ rig to run CSGO at 144hz. My 3 year old 1000$ build will do it no problem. If that's what you want to spend though I can put together a couple builds.
Oki. Try putting something together at approximately $2000 (good headset with mic and gaming keyboard included). Can go over a bit. Take into consideration a new CS will be/is in the making. No clue what engine will be used.

Thanks in advance.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Oki. Try putting something together at approximately $2000 (good headset with mic and gaming keyboard included). Can go over a bit. Take into consideration a new CS will be/is in the making.
Valve just released csgo free and csgo skins are still a thing , for now a new CS is IDK. But this game is like 7 year olds. Feel free to ask if you need help for ur pic , headset and mouse.

Ive been gaming for 16 years and played competitive on CS for a decade

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Sometimes I wish I went with a PS4. I went with an XBO as I was initially interested in EA Access but have since let that subscription expire. I’m missing games such as Spider-Man and God of War.

On that note, Resident Evil 2 comes out I think on Friday. Thinking of picking it up, though I haven’t played since the PS2 days.

There are too many exclusives I'd miss if I'd go with a Xbox, especially since I also own a good laptop with a Steam account, there aren't many Microsoft exclusives that I miss.

There's also Last Of Us 2 coming out soon on the PS4. Probably the best story driven game of all time, looks like it's going for a repeat. Seen the trailer and it looks even better than the first one.

And Spider-man was really beautiful and very good playthrough and story

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Valve just released csgo free and csgo skins are still a thing , for now a new CS is IDK. But this game is like 7 year olds. Feel free to ask if you need help for ur pic , headset and mouse.

Ive been gaming for 16 years and played competitive on CS for a decade

Oh wow... looks like Im going to download it. Haven't been into CS since Source

Used to dominate the NYC GG server on CSCZ

CZ has always been my favorite.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

iu

1.3-1.5 master race c you on fy_iceworld

Reactions: QuebecPride

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017

Not really , now its kinda Valve matchmaking regular and alot of surf or modded servers. CSGO is a game that needs a good processor , its badly made in terms of performance. I have a brand new pc and run on 30 ping and 500 fps and game still feel CLUNKY for some unknown reasons.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
this is the rarest take of all time :laugh:

To each his own.

I thought Source was pretty good too, but I grew up with the first online FPSs where the player movements were basic and fluid. I hated the movement clunkyness they added in Source to make it more realistic.

Also, I'm always against the grain it seems. Most people go into a fit when I tell them I prefered GTA4 online than GTA5. Deathmatches were simpler but a lot more fun.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
To each his own.

I thought Source was pretty good too, but I grew up with the first online FPSs where the player movements were basic and fluid. I hated the movement clunkyness they added in Source to make it more realistic.

Also, I'm always against the grain it seems. Most people go into a fit when I tell them I prefered GTA4 online than GTA5. Deathmatches were simpler but a lot more fun.

yeah idk I played a TON of 1.6 when I was a kid, skipped most of CZ and Source but got back in at GO for a while. GO is a really good game, I just don't have the time or passion for it anymore

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
yeah idk I played a TON of 1.6 when I was a kid, skipped most of CZ and Source but got back in at GO for a while. GO is a really good game, I just don't have the time or passion for it anymore

Well, here's the thing, I have a friend who played GO and he told there's a lot less people, and there's nowhere near the same amount of user created maps like there was on CZ and to a lesser extent on Source. He told me in GO it's the same stupid four square map format redone in multiple ways.

The amount of intricate user created maps on CZ was just crazy. The NY maps, the yellow maps, the sky maps and so many others. That's also a reason why it was my fav.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Oki. Try putting something together at approximately $2000 (good headset with mic and gaming keyboard included). Can go over a bit. Take into consideration a new CS will be/is in the making. No clue what engine will be used.

Thanks in advance.
Let me know if this link works. Build comes up to a little less than 1500. For headphones get some Phillips Fidelio for 300 or SHP 9500 for like 80 bucks with a vmoda mic or even a blue snowball. That should put you around your budget and it's honestly overkill for CS.
System Builder - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core, GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING, PC-O11 Dynamic (Black) ATX Full Tower - PCPartPicker Canada

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Let me know if this link works. Build comes up to a little less than 1500. For headphones get some Phillips Fidelio for 300 or SHP 9500 for like 80 bucks with a vmoda mic or even a blue snowball. That should put you around your budget and it's honestly overkill for CS.
System Builder - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core, GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING, PC-O11 Dynamic (Black) ATX Full Tower - PCPartPicker Canada

the SHP 9500s + the vmoda boom pro is my exact work station setup for audio. Fantastic value for the price. I'd just caution anyone who has to work next to others as they're open backs and everyone will hear your tunes.

Also, unless you REALLY need the new rig right now, I'd advise you guys to wait until the new Ryzen chips drop around april. I've got my eyes on the 3850x.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
the SHP 9500s + the vmoda boom pro is my exact work station setup for audio. Fantastic value for the price. I'd just caution anyone who has to work next to others as they're open backs and everyone will hear your tunes.

Also, unless you REALLY need the new rig right now, I'd advise you guys to wait until the new Ryzen chips drop around april. I've got my eyes on the 3850x.

Now is a bad time to buy imo. Their are no good sales. Just a month ago you could get an Rx 580 with 2 pretty good games for 220.

And yes, SHPs are simply amazing for the price. I love how a company known for their electric toothbrushes and no experience in the audio sector came in and turned the entry level and mid range sectors upside down. SHP and X2s are just amazing for the money

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Bookmarked and saved (link works). Thanks a lot @DangerDave. Don't have much time due to work, but on the weekend, I'll take a long look at it and maybe... hopefully, purchase.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Bookmarked and saved (link works). Thanks a lot @DangerDave. Don't have much time due to work, but on the weekend, I'll take a long look at it and maybe... hopefully, purchase.
I chose AMD due to them staying with the same chipset for longer which means you'll be able to upgrade more easily. Also put a premium on the power supply since it's the one part you don't want to skimp on and can last you a few builds. Case is up to you but that one is fantastic.

No really good sales right now unfortunately. You can always check Reddit bapcsalescanada for sales

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Not really , now its kinda Valve matchmaking regular and alot of surf or modded servers. CSGO is a game that needs a good processor , its badly made in terms of performance. I have a brand new pc and run on 30 ping and 500 fps and game still feel CLUNKY for some unknown reasons.

Hmm... I agree that Csgo needs a precessor, but CLUNKY? Csgo is smooth as hell, you have a 120Hz+ monitor and your Vsync is off?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad