OT: Video Games V

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I missed the first 20 mins, but only some games stood out for me....most, I’m over those types.

Returnal
Godfall
Little Demon inside, wouldn’t play but looks original
Resident Evil Village looked good

Unit itself looks nice....no driveless version for me. Need the blue ray for sure.

also, no side mount option, or they only showed the vertical?

how did Grand Tourismo and Last Of us 2 look?

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I'm still on the fence between the PS5 and the Series X. I'll probably preorder both and cancel one close to launch. That's what I did last generation, and ended up happy with my PS4.

Meanwhile I'm still playing Fire Emblem Three Houses and NHL 20. For some reason I decided to get all of the endings in Fire Emblem and it takes for f***ing ever. I'm on playthrough 3/4.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I went PS2 then XBox 360 and now I have a PS4. I’m partial to PlayStation so I’ll be going with PS5 unless the new XBox completely blows it out of the water.

I’m still playing NHL 20 (exclusively play World of Chel and Clubs so let me know if anyone wants to play) and I’m finishing up Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. ACO is a ton of fun but I’ve finished the main odyssey and most of the side missions and I’m getting to the point where I’m just finishing up stuff to make progress on my completion bar so I’ll probably put it down soon.

Trying to decide what to play next. I have Uncharted 4, Spider-Man, Far Cry 4, Detroit: Become Human, and two Assassin’s Creed games (Black Flag and Origins) in the queue. I also may give GTAV and Red Dead Redemption 2 another shot... decisions, decisions. Any recommendations?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I went PS2 then XBox 360 and now I have a PS4. I’m partial to PlayStation so I’ll be going with PS5 unless the new XBox completely blows it out of the water.

I’m still playing NHL 20 (exclusively play World of Chel and Clubs so let me know if anyone wants to play) and I’m finishing up Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. ACO is a ton of fun but I’ve finished the main odyssey and most of the side missions and I’m getting to the point where I’m just finishing up stuff to make progress on my completion bar so I’ll probably put it down soon.

Trying to decide what to play next. I have Uncharted 4, Spider-Man, Far Cry 4, Detroit: Become Human, and two Assassin’s Creed games (Black Flag and Origins) in the queue. I also may give GTAV and Red Dead Redemption 2 another shot... decisions, decisions. Any recommendations?

I had the exact same console progression.

Uncharted series was pretty good, Far Cry 4 was GREAT imo, both those AC games were solid, iirc. All worthy options.

Couldn't finish RDR2 as you know. Just started GTAV recently and starting to get sucked in. The soundtrack is unf***ingbelievable. Getting used to the driving was the obstacle for me. At least you can zip around fast and cause havoc with your car instead of just galloping along with a horse.

I've found that playing video games comes down to gut feelings. If you play a game because you think you should you'll just slog through. There's usually one you keep thinking about. That's the one to play.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Started the campaign on Call of Duty: WWII last night since I forgot I got it for free via PlayStation Plus a few months ago and I figure I can get the campaign done before starting TLOUPII. Don't think I've played Call of Duty since they had one on PS2.

I got killed about a dozen times on the first mission... huge shift going from the stealthiness of Assassin's Creed to clearing out the beaches and bunkers of occupied France.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010

It depends on the performance of the machine, but it also depends on the exclusive titles that are released for each machine. The PS4 crushed its Microsoft equivalent on both counts last gen. Could be different this time, but my money is still on Sony.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Playing NHL 20 franchise after a fantasy draft. Backstrom takes a cheap shot on Alexeyev (my player). Alexeyev challenges Backstrom to a fight, but Kovalchuk jumps in to defend Backstrom. Alexeyev then destroys Kovy in the fight.

Video games are funny. :laugh:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
It depends on the performance of the machine, but it also depends on the exclusive titles that are released for each machine. The PS4 crushed its Microsoft equivalent on both counts last gen. Could be different this time, but my money is still on Sony.

Exclusive titles are cool but variety of title selection is big for me. I chose N64 over Playstation back in the day because N64 had Golden Eye. Although Golden Eye was/is awesome it was a huge mistake because playstation had a huge title selection compared to nintendo. I won't make that mistake again. Also, my kid has an Xbox and the buttons are weird. I'm to old to learn new buttons. ;)

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
960x0.jpg

Man, are people so riled up by The Last of Us Part II...

The game hasn't even been out half a day yet, and it already has 5,015 User Rating Reviews... please... lol

I only got to get in a few hours worth, and that's only because I woke up super early before work. Definitely not enough time to give it an overall rating. And it looks and feels amazing so far. People might not like it.. but to have thousand's of 0 and 1 ratings...?

Even the worst game in the world is not a 0.

Edit: Actually it's 8,479 right as of this instant...

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Critic reviews are always too favorable because that's how they make their living...slurping the OEMs for free swag. Fan/user reviews if legit are mostly harsher, and if shill/fake they're always glowing.

The online rating process is completely broken.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Man, are people so riled up by The Last of Us Part II...

The game hasn't even been out half a day yet, and it already has 5,015 User Rating Reviews... please... lol

I only got to get in a few hours worth, and that's only because I woke up super early before work. Definitely not enough time to give it an overall rating. And it looks and feels amazing so far. People might not like it.. but to have thousand's of 0 and 1 ratings...?

Even the worst game in the world is not a 0.

Edit: Actually it's 8,479 right as of this instant...
There is an agenda behind the review bombing. If you do a bit of research you can find out why but you'll probably get the game spoiled as I had a month ago.

I'm playing it & loving it 2 hours in

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Critic reviews are always too favorable because that's how they make their living...slurping the OEMs for free swag. Fan/user reviews if legit are mostly harsher, and if shill/fake they're always glowing.

The online rating process is completely broken.

The 'always positive' in depth reviews are kind of a plague these days.

Reactions: sycamore and g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
User reviews are worthless. They are used as tools of manufactured outrage and cultural battles.

Generally, yeah. It takes a lot of effort to find a rare, sincere, thorough review from someone who isn't a nut or a shill of some kind. That's everywhere.

I'm in favor of deleting the internet.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Eurogamer is my go-to. They don't even do scores anymore, just text and recommendations (or not).

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

edit;
Found this video too. Answers a lot of my questions from the previous video, and most of those answers give me positive vibes. Seems like they could really build a robust competitive mode with potential for an eSports scene here

Last edited:
Reactions: Team SWOLEvechkin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad