OT: Video Game Thread: Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Bruh... I have like 60+ days played in CoD4.

That game was my peak and it's all been downhill from there.

giphy.webp

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Stumbled into a Need for Speed Underground 2 video earlier today. Can't believe it's been 15 years since it came out

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think everyone has 60+ days played on COD4.
Most people I knew played it 2 years because we tried WaW, weren’t thrilled, and went back to CoD4. Gamebattles matches on that game... the memories.

In my opinion, Cod4 and MW2 were damn near perfect when it come to what I want in a CoD game. I miss them so much.

No idea why those idiots decided to screw with Modern Warfare Remastered and added a ton of new guns and garbage. That’s not what “Remastered” means.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
That and NCAA football need to make a return
There is no game I want to see made more than that. It's a shame that these guys sued to get a fair shake of things and it seems as though the NCAA is just punishing them for it. Or EA or whomever is behind the lack of game.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Until the NCAA allows the players to make money off their names & likeness the NCAA Football games just aren’t going to happen. You’d need that to happen to have any chance of seeing that game made again.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Most people I knew played it 2 years because we tried WaW, weren’t thrilled, and went back to CoD4. Gamebattles matches on that game... the memories.

In my opinion, Cod4 and MW2 were damn near perfect when it come to what I want in a CoD game. I miss them so much.

No idea why those idiots decided to screw with Modern Warfare Remastered and added a ton of new guns and garbage. That’s not what “Remastered” means.
WaW was great too idk what’s wrong with you. The simple Cods were the best by far. Plus it had zombies for the first time too.

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
How do some of you people here have time to play video games, watch all the shows, and watch all these movies and sports while working? Tell me the secret. Is it sleeping 3 hours a night?

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Haven’t played in a long time so idk about cpu goalies. For 5s and 6s I think it’ll be op.

What I mean is, let's say there is a 2 on 0 and you pass from circle to circle on the breakaway. If you hold onto the puck when you get it (without pressing any buttons or moving the shooting stick), the goalie will shift over like normal. If you instead keep hitting up on the right stick to shoot the puck before the puck even gets to you, the goalie will immediately try to make a legit save/desperation save. They know your input before it even takes place.

Also, the fact they won't fix the complete and utter cheating bullshit of the AI D-men is astonishing. Goes to show they will only ever try to fix a problem in some future iteration of the game, never the current one.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Fixing AI is always a matter of fixing one thing and breaking another. Show me an NHL game, I'll show you a glitch goal. And then another 5.

As a 6s guy, I like a lot of the changes they seem to be implementing. The speed of the game always seems to decrease year to year but nerfing LT, improved dekes, better shooting and pickup animations (including in stride), more realistic goalie animations to prevent cheese, removing bumps from behind.....these all seem like wins. It's a tricky balance of improving offense -- for which this year became an LT glitch fest and throwing low shots on net and crashing -- while actually giving defense tools to use.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
How do some of you people here have time to play video games, watch all the shows, and watch all these movies and sports while working? Tell me the secret. Is it sleeping 3 hours a night?

Being single forever is my answer. 5 or so hours of free time every night and a ton on the weekends. I pretty much only regularly watch hockey so half the year I don't care about sports.

Reactions: FlyingPhilly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad