OT: Video Game Thread: Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Those two games are probably the two best computer games of all time. Sim Golf was absolutely amazing and AoE is just a complete classic. If I had a computer, I'd download AoE right now.
Sim Golf is an achievement of the highest order & it’s a travesty it cannot be played on Windows 10.

Reactions: Cody Webster

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I can't believe I still have a Nintendo gamecube with the zelda disc with 4 zelda games on it and still works
They all still work at my house (except the 64, that is unfortunately broken but easy to replace).

IMG_20190728_203116.jpg

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
The gameplay is up to their usual standards, though? I'll pick it up this week, but that's what I mostly care about.

Maps are kind of ehhh. I think it's a pretty standard game compared to Fates and Awakening.

Edit: Also @JojoTheWhale , Three Houses is similar to the Persona series. I don't want to spoil too much but if you enjoy those games you would definitely like Three Houses.

Last edited:
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Holy hell the new camera/having the scoreboard at the bottom is the worst change EA has made in a while. As a defenseman, I literally cannot see what is going on behind either net, even with overhead camera.

The only thing that sort of helps is turning off the scoreboard, which leads to its own set of issues.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Holy hell the new camera/having the scoreboard at the bottom is the worst change EA has made in a while. As a defenseman, I literally cannot see what is going on behind either net, even with overhead camera.

The only thing that sort of helps is turning off the scoreboard, which leads to its own set of issues.

They better come back with the upper right score board again or it's going to be bad. Seriously, it taking up an entire portion of the screen is f***ing terrible.

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
Has anyone here played dead cells? I just started and i have a super stupid question but can’t find the answer online haha

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Soooo, ummmm....

There is this Czech e-shop that is selling computer games too. I looked at their offer of Doom Eternal for PS4. In the accessories section (you know, the "products you would enjoy too"), the very first thing listed is an actual chainsaw. Which, in my opinion, is a bleeping fun easter egg and funny joke.

I put screenshot of this on Facebook, calling it a great joke, and tagged the e-shop.

Minutes later, the e-shop's FB page commented on my post, saying "they would like to thank me for pointing that out" and that "they will immediately take actions to change the game's description so this would not happen again."

Come on, Mark from customer care, it was funny you Debbie Downer! :laugh:

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
In other news, I finally got The Movies: Stunts & Effects working on Win10. Sort of. Still freezing quite often.

I have unexplainable love for some tycoons and this one is probably at the top.

Got reminded of it with the Sim Golf / W10 discussion.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
In other news, I finally got The Movies: Stunts & Effects working on Win10. Sort of. Still freezing quite often.

I have unexplainable love for some tycoons and this one is probably at the top.

Got reminded of it with the Sim Golf / W10 discussion.
The Movies had low replay value for me. I played it a few times, would get my company really cranking, & then lose interest.

I’ve been playing 2 Point Hospital lately, as Theme Hospital is one of my all-time favorite management games.

Reactions: kudymen

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
The Movies had low replay value for me. I played it a few times, would get my company really cranking, & then lose interest.

I’ve been playing 2 Point Hospital lately, as Theme Hospital is one of my all-time favorite management games.

I never understood why, (honestly, no idea why my head is wired that way) but I always loved playing The Movies from the 1920s to the 60s/70s, when I often times lost interest. Happened numerous times. Still love it :laugh:

The 70s were funny though, because the original actors from the 20s were old dinosaurs by then - but I still got them doing action movie blockbusters like prime Arnold

Last edited:

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
THE tycoon I played (and replayed) the most is probably Railroad Tycoon 2 though.

My mind says I'm forgetting some big-time time-eater from my childhood. I will remember, sooner or later

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
THE tycoon I played (and replayed) the most is probably Railroad Tycoon 2 though.

My mind says I'm forgetting some big-time time-eater from my childhood. I will remember, sooner or later
Never played RR tycoon. We had a Mac when I was growing up, so my options were limited to Sim City & Sim City 2000, which were great.

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Never played RR tycoon. We had a Mac when I was growing up, so my options were limited to Sim City & Sim City 2000, which were great.

I've started on a 386 with Win3.11, quickly moved to 486 (40 mHz woooooo) and there I played lots and lots of Sim City 2000. Thanks for reminding me! The time-eater in my mind was very likely Sim City 4 which I install at least once in 3 months even today.

Building a whole region of interconnected cities has always been a big replay factor for me, love it. The "time played in total" counter on Steam though... Don't love it. :laugh:

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I've started on a 386 with Win3.11, quickly moved to 486 (40 mHz woooooo) and there I played lots and lots of Sim City 2000. Thanks for reminding me! The time-eater in my mind was very likely Sim City 4 which I install at least once in 3 months even today.

Building a whole region of interconnected cities has always been a big replay factor for me, love it. The "time played in total" counter on Steam though... Don't love it. :laugh:
I have Sim City 4 on Steam, but it’s buggy on modern computers so I never play it anymore. Tried Skylines but couldn’t get too into it.

I was never into action games. Management type games only.

Reactions: kudymen

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Apparently its a 2 month old version of the Beta.

Personally, I wont be buying NHL 20. That franchise needs drastic change and it wont happen if the titles keep selling well enough.
NHL 18 was, BY FAR, the worst game I have ever played. NHL 19 wasn’t much better, but there were some improvements. It does need a drastic change- a complete overhaul.

For now I’ll go back to Fortnite :dunno: and emulator Pokémon games on my phone, lol.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
NHL 18 was, BY FAR, the worst game I have ever played. NHL 19 wasn’t much better, but there were some improvements. It does need a drastic change- a complete overhaul.

For now I’ll go back to Fortnite :dunno: and emulator Pokémon games on my phone, lol.

That is the huge problem..EA cornered the market on NHL and NFL and both Nhl and Madden haven't been anything but boring for years now...Nba2k has the same issues as does the Show...last 2 are a step above Madden and Nhl...but lack of competition has made them more or less stagnant

Reactions: CapnZin

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
That is the huge problem..EA cornered the market on NHL and NFL and both Nhl and Madden haven't been anything but boring for years now...Nba2k has the same issues as does the Show...last 2 are a step above Madden and Nhl...but lack of competition has made them more or less stagnant
Although 2K has issues and glitches, it’s a much much better game than NHL. The graphics, gameplay, and interactive modes far outweigh anything that NHL has ever done.

I feel like the gameplay in NHL 19 is just piss poor. They should feel awful for charging $60 for that shit. They still have TK, Ratcliffe, Giroux (I can see an argument) listed as Centers. Giroux has a higher aggressive setting than TK. Do they even know the game at all? Jake Guentzel and Brian Rust from the Pens are listed as C too. TK has a 65 fighting skill and Giroux has a higher one I’m pretty sure.

The attributes don’t make any sense and they don’t seem to have much use in game. I only run speed lineups because that’s really what wins when you play, and I traded away a sniper who had 76 speed and acceleration that was a 1st Line F. I had a franchise C with 99 speed and acceleration steal the puck and that F I was playing against caught up like it was no problem whatsoever. He close the blue line gap like he would die if he didn’t lol.
I won’t buy 20 until the price drops to $15-20.

I don’t think the lack of competition has driven down the quality; more-so EA not having the capability of making a good game. 2K is a good game. It has flaws, but it’s worth the money. Madden and NHL, especially NHL, just suck.

I’ll probably stick with my emulator games and fortnite for a bit, lol.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Mass effect Andromeda is on ea access for free atm. Having played through me 1 2 and 3 I decided to pick it up. Reviews when it first came out were horrible. But I've actually really enjoyed it. Far more than I expected and more than I enjoyed 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->