OT: Video Game Thread: Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I played this for a while after I put down WoW. But I had the foresight to realize I was just jumping from one black hole to the other and cut myself off at like, level 40.

Was definitely a fun game, though.

Shame-- all the later game content and once your character gets higher-- it's a much more fun game. Storywise and character wise.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Shame-- all the later game content and once your character gets higher-- it's a much more fun game. Storywise and character wise.

That's what I keep reading. I think ultimately my problem was I didnt know anyone else playing, and the idea of playing a MMO solo is a little contradictive.

I'm also finding time for gaming harder to come by these days, so paying monthly fees, even nominal ones, to play for 5 hours a month is a tough pill to swallow. Instead, I just constantly bug @JojoTheWhale about PoE.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
That's what I keep reading. I think ultimately my problem was I didnt know anyone else playing, and the idea of playing a MMO solo is a little contradictive.

I'm also finding time for gaming harder to come by these days, so paying monthly fees, even nominal ones, to play for 5 hours a month is a tough pill to swallow. Instead, I just constantly bug @JojoTheWhale about PoE.

I’m a few hours short of hitting level 97 and 10k HP on my Cycloner. Fantastic league. Try the league mechanic, even leveling up.

Also run screaming from WoW. I’ve been out for almost 8 years. Best decision I ever made. My old friends are getting itchy to try Classic, but not me. Never, ever again.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I’m a few hours short of hitting level 97 and 10k HP on my Cycloner. Fantastic league. Try the league mechanic, even leveling up.

Also run screaming from WoW. I’ve been out for almost 8 years. Best decision I ever made. My old friends are getting itchy to try Classic, but not me. Never, ever again.

Yeah, i occasionally feel the itch, but i think its more of a "the thing you know" itch than anything. If anything, PoE is more preferable to me at this point because a) i dont have to pay and b) i dont 'need' other people around to enjoy it.

My ranger finally ascended a few days ago when i had a few free hours, and i think shes 37 now. So i'm almost caught up, and stuff.

Ive been doing the Monoliths as often as i can. Been finding a lot of decent leveling gear through those - tons of uniques.

Last edited:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Anyone play No Man's Sky? I got real into it but then moved on and I want to go back since the updates.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I should say I wasn't an early adopter but I got in right when the first big update came out that changed everything to what it was supposed to be at launch.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I recommend playing Supraland on PC. Seriously, it's a fun game that's basically a FPS Zelda-ish game with some light RPG elements and is first person. Lots of puzzles and secrets too. Good shit. On sale too on Steam right now.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Just buried a dog today.

But did you raise t corn crops instead? Cause it's been a while but... $$$$.

On a more serious note, my brothers 3yesr old cat died today. RIP Pearl. 3 years is WAY too young for a cat. Especially one that has a Cindy Crawford beauty mole.

20190702_212357.jpg

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Has anyone played Monster Hunter World? I can't help but wonder why a game that's supposed to be so celebrated is constantly on sale on the PS store...

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Anyone play No Man's Sky? I got real into it but then moved on and I want to go back since the updates.

Played it a bit...waiting for it go on sale and maybe pick it up again...enjoyed it for what it was..the upgrades made it so you can build bases and stuff

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Has anyone played Monster Hunter World? I can't help but wonder why a game that's supposed to be so celebrated is constantly on sale on the PS store...

Played it..didn't get what the big deal was...didn't like it too much...far too much trampling around to find a monster and the battles took too long

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I waited so long for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night to come out and all the reviews are blowing it so I dropped the $40...and so far it SUCKS. Doesn't hold a candle to any of the GBA Castlevanias, let alone Symphony of the Night which is one of my top three games of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad