OT: Video Game Thread: Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
How do some of you people here have time to play video games, watch all the shows, and watch all these movies and sports while working? Tell me the secret. Is it sleeping 3 hours a night?

My daughter is in bed by 830 and my wife by 9. Im usually up until 1230-1. That gives me 3-4 hours to do whatever lol

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Presumably in the next couple weeks. It’s been really hush hush though.
They usually do it the last week of July iirc.

Madden comes out next week which is a lot earlier than usual. Not sure if that figures into it.

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
Being single forever is my answer. 5 or so hours of free time every night and a ton on the weekends. I pretty much only regularly watch hockey so half the year I don't care about sports.
I like the WFH and no sleep replies, especially WFH. I need to sleep at least 7 hours though or I am not a good person to be around.

Being single OTOH I see the pros, but the cons to me are too big at this point. I need to pick hobbies to give up to free up time for others. If only time can be frozen yet I could still move lol

Thanks guys

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I like the WFH and no sleep replies, especially WFH. I need to sleep at least 7 hours though or I am not a good person to be around.

Being single OTOH I see the pros, but the cons to me are too big at this point. I need to pick hobbies to give up to free up time for others. If only time can be frozen yet I could still move lol

Thanks guys
Trust me, I'd rather NOT be eternally single but after all this time on my own I don't know if I could coexist in close quarters with anyone. Plus it'd help if I wasn't yet another doughy bald short middle age guy that are a dime a dozen.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Yes. Out of all the sport sim games, I'd rank them:

Ootp
FM
EHM
FoF

I don’t think anything tops Football Manager, but OOTP is definitely 2nd. It’s a significant drop after those two. Draft Day Sports NCAA basketball is all right.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Anyone remember Madden Head Coach? Lol

On another note, started playing Age of Empires again. Now we just need Sim Golf to work on Windows 10. Haven't found a way to make it work
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve tried to get Sim Golf to work on Windows 10. God I miss that game.
Got AOE II a few months ago, but haven’t played it much yet.

Reactions: DancingPanther

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
In between FO76 and Gears 4 and watching Community, I have started playing Rage 2...nifty lol borderlands and mad max like smash up..pretty fun

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Is the pass button broke in the beta? I don’t think I’ve gotten one pass in a drop in game.

Reactions: Defect

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I never got into the modern NHL games. I think last I played regularly was NHL 95 in 10th grade. I never had any of the modern platform systems. A buddy of mine did, and I'd join in with like 3 or 4 people playing NHL 14 or 15, but they'd all play firewagon hockey and I'd inevitably have to hang back and play D. My limited experience with the more modern games was that the goaltending is infuriating.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Anyone remember Madden Head Coach? Lol

On another note, started playing Age of Empires again. Now we just need Sim Golf to work on Windows 10. Haven't found a way to make it work

Those two games are probably the two best computer games of all time. Sim Golf was absolutely amazing and AoE is just a complete classic. If I had a computer, I'd download AoE right now.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They obviously make crazy money off it but I absolutely hate how Rockstar has put so much attention in online play.

I guess that’s a “problem” with most video games these days for a person like me who grew up playing videos games mostly without the internet.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They obviously make crazy money off it but I absolutely hate how Rockstar has put so much attention in online play.

I guess that’s a “problem” with most video games these days for a person like me who grew up playing videos games mostly without the internet.

Agree. RDR2 is a perfect example. Give us some damn DLCs. Instead they just focus on online play that I have no interest in.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->