OT: Video Game Thread: Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Anyone have NHL20? Not sure if rosters have been updated yet, but I tried franchise mode other day and Farabee wasn't there :(

Not buying it until it's practically free, just like I did with 19. They don't deserve $59.99 of my money anymore.

Reactions: Schwarbomb

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
NHL20: Terrible graphics with realistic depiction of Oilers fans' enthusiasm

ktX0qju.png

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Free PS4 games as long as you a PS plus member.

Batman akram 19 value

Darsiders 3 59.00 value

Both free, I added it to library didn't download yet, but can anytime.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Less than a month before the FF7 Remake comes out too. I wont be leaving the house much lol
I am a little skeptical of the FF7 remake. I thought it was just a graphics overhaul kind of thing but it looks like they overhauled more than that (like the battle system). I like the old school turn based. Am I right in thinking that has been overhauled? I honestly have only seen bits and pieces of trailers.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I am a little skeptical of the FF7 remake. I thought it was just a graphics overhaul kind of thing but it looks like they overhauled more than that (like the battle system). I like the old school turn based. Am I right in thinking that has been overhauled? I honestly have only seen bits and pieces of trailers.
I’m pretty sure they changed game mechanics, including the battle format. That and making it episodic is a massive turn off for me.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Its not a remaster. Its a total reimagining. The characters and main plot are the same but it will delve a lot deeper into the store than the original. The entire first game will take place in Midgar only and be the length of a full game (assuming 30-40 hours) that requires to blu-rays to handle the data. Midgar was only 20% of the 1st game.

The battle system is a hybrid. You can use it like modern hack and slash action RPGs but there are time still time guages that allow you to perform special moves and use magic. On top or that, you can slow battle with classic mode which allows time to strategize like the original. It looks amazing.

This video by a youtuber breaks down the new battle system pretty well.

Last edited:

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
TLOU2 trailer has me wanting to play the first one again. It’s taking an hour to download....
of course I put the ps4 on rest mode and it downloads the last 3 gigs, estimated 22 minutes, in under a minute.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
You can also play the FF7 Remake in the classic turn based style as the original game.

Exactly. Dont understand why anyone would be upset about them trying something new and fresh. The old will always exist.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Exactly. Dont understand why anyone would be upset about them trying something new and fresh. The old will always exist.
No one is upset about it (at least I am not), but I grew up on FF and other JRPGs and I am not a fan of the new battle mechanics. Really haven't been into FF at all since X and X-2 and even those I wasn't really that big a fan of. Glad hear there is a classic mode though. That pretty much guaranteed that I will buy it.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
No one is upset about it (at least I am not), but I grew up on FF and other JRPGs and I am not a fan of the new battle mechanics. Really haven't been into FF at all since X and X-2 and even those I wasn't really that big a fan of. Glad hear there is a classic mode though. That pretty much guaranteed that I will buy it.

I get that. FF7 battle system is by far my favorite. Im looking forward to seeing how this new hybrid system works though.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Free PS4 games as long as you a PS plus member.

Batman akram 19 value

Darsiders 3 59.00 value

Both free, I added it to library didn't download yet, but can anytime.

Are you f***ing KIDDING ME? I hope THQ Nordic's studios burn to the ground. You bring back a series I loved so much that I asked for the new game for Christmas and find that they changed the core gameplay to make it so awful that they're now giving it away from free.

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I started the Last of Us remake. Seemed kind of boring. I got to a part where there are creatures in the dark and couldn't locate the ladder. Put the game down for awhile. Does it get better?

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I started the Last of Us remake. Seemed kind of boring. I got to a part where there are creatures in the dark and couldn't locate the ladder. Put the game down for awhile. Does it get better?
Yes very much so, you're basically still at the very beginning and the part you got stuck on is the only part like that in the game. The ladder is in the back of the room. There's a clicker standing still near a well lit part that won't move no matter how much noise is made around it. When you kill that one the ladder is above where he is. I think you have to hold circle there

Reactions: Flyotes

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Are you ****ing KIDDING ME? I hope THQ Nordic's studios burn to the ground. You bring back a series I loved so much that I asked for the new game for Christmas and find that they changed the core gameplay to make it so awful that they're now giving it away from free.

I think you have till oct 1, to add them to your library.

I haven't downloaded them yet, but both games are in my library, you get a receipt 0.00 showing proof of purchase, once put in library you can download when you want. you can add saves to the cloud, i love doing it that way.

whatever you do, don't let your PS Plus memberhsip expires or all your saved cloud stuff gets erased, the games won't they stay in your library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad