OT: Video Game Thread: Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
How irresponsible would it be to take a staycation of a week and finish up a bunch of video games?

Wake up. Turn on ps4. Every 2 hours, jog for 20 minutes. Repeat.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
How irresponsible would it be to take a staycation of a week and finish up a bunch of video games?

Wake up. Turn on ps4. Every 2 hours, jog for 20 minutes. Repeat.

I went to Detroit for a long weekend to visit a friend. This was my list of activities in its entirety:

Sleep
Drink beer
Visit breweries
Eat
Play Path of Exile

We had a bonfire the one night which included grilling steaks (all the way through, just for @Surrounded By Ahos ) and drinking beer.

It was probably the best 4 days in recent memory.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Halo 3????????????????
Mw2???????????????

Halo 2 would be well above Halo 3 given the choice. Laughable that any CoD would be considered. In the end those shooters stories are not good enough to put a game in my top 5 let alone too 10 even if I have probably spent the most cumulative hours playing halo 2 than any game ever. Mass Effect 2 and Star Wars KOTOR are right there however.

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Halo 2 would be well above Halo 3 given the choice. Laughable that any CoD would be considered. In the end those shooters stories are not good enough to put a game in my top 5 let alone too 10 even if I have probably spent the most cumulative hours playing halo 2 than any game ever. Mass Effect 2 and Star Wars KOTOR are right there however.

I miss halo 2.

Capture the flag was classic

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I went to Detroit for a long weekend to visit a friend. This was my list of activities in its entirety:

Sleep
Drink beer
Visit breweries
Eat
Play Path of Exile

We had a bonfire the one night which included grilling steaks (all the way through, just for @Surrounded By Ahos ) and drinking beer.

It was probably the best 4 days in recent memory.

It's really the simple things in life that are the most enjoyable.

Reactions: Starat327

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Never really played Halo 2. Halo 3 was probably the first game I REALLY got into. I can see you not having those games in your top 5 if you’re more into stories though.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
In no particular order;
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Final Fantasy 7
The Last of Us
Spider-Man (newest ps4 game)
Metal Gear, either the NES version or Metal Gear Solid.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Half.

Life.

tumblr_lyzn58j27z1rnnop6o1_400.gif

TYgygZX.gif

Characters. Story. World building. Atmosphere. Gameplay diversity. Revolutionary FPS mechanics. It's got it all. It's insane how well it holds up to any game today.

Last edited:

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Played some of NHL 20 since it is free to play for the weekend

It's not bad...kind of smooth...seems faster...AI is still awful

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
In no particular order;
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Final Fantasy 7
The Last of Us
Spider-Man (newest ps4 game)
Metal Gear, either the NES version or Metal Gear Solid.
I am assuming this is a ranking of favorite games? The NES Metal Gear is God Awful. Even for nostalgia purposes it sucks! Everything after NES is pretty much solid gold (never played Revengeance or Survive so I don't include that) but Metal Gear and Snake's Revenge sucked thirty years ago and they suck now. Haha.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I started the Last of Us remake. Seemed kind of boring. I got to a part where there are creatures in the dark and couldn't locate the ladder. Put the game down for awhile. Does it get better?

I can’t possibly comprehend playing TLOU and thinking that it’s boring. It’s one of the best adventures ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad