OT: Video Game Thread: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
Hmm are these YouTube or steam reviews? Only
Reason I say that is places I’m looking at don’t really have too many negative comments. I talked to my brother who has been playing it and he can see why people are saying that but disagrees. He said there aren’t enemies everywhere you look. This game might be a turnoff for those high stimulus gamers (think COD and such) where the action is consistent.

Some reviews on the game on metacritic:
Outward

I saw some on Steam, the reviews there are mixed, but also some random vids online that kept the same narrative. I don't tend to pay too much attention to reviews when making a decision on purchasing, Lord knows we all enjoy games that others perhaps do not, but I may hold off for a bit now. I'd like to get your feedback on it though if you do eventually get it.

Reactions: sa cyred

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
NSFW for holy flying **** am I pumped for this game. All of the new Wolfensteins have been great.

tenor.gif

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Anyone ever watch speedruns? Those guys often do stuff where I assume they're cheating. I'm watching a guy learning one of those tricks now and...nope. Not cheating. Just an ungodly amount of time put into a specific action to get it right.
I’ve seen a few, usually around the 24 hour charity game a thon thing. It’s insane.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I usually watch Awesome Games Done Quick (in January) and Summer Games Done Quick every year and I usually buy a shirt or two from them, which all go to the charity.

Love speed runs, especially if they break the living shit out of the games.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Put in hundreds of hours in all 3 games (that includes pre-sequel). So you can bet your ass a few hundred more are going to be used for BL3.

Also, if you didn't notice, Brick singing sax with a mustache is a reference to Duke Silver from Parks & Rec.

Reactions: trostol

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I have yet to get through a Borderlands..tend to get worn out on it after a bit...but it does look good

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
****ing HYPE. Picked up the 2nd one when it was free on games with gold last year and got sucked into it.
Getting the Handsome Collection was worth it just to get the tons of BL2 DLC (the Pre-Sequel is meh compared to 1 and 2 but hey, it's included). They're finally releasing an remaster of Borderlands 1 which I've been dying to play again. I love that they're games I can progress by myself or with friends and the humor keeps it from becoming the boring slog that the other looter shooters are for much longer. Besides there's so many side missions that you can play in short bursts if you don't have the time or patience to go through a bigger story mission.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I just saw this thread pop up and I don't have much game time so I kinda just putz around on an 13 year old game.... Dungeons and Dragons Online. I have a group of about 15-20 people who I run with all over the world but mostly US and Canada.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I just saw this thread pop up and I don't have much game time so I kinda just putz around on an 13 year old game.... Dungeons and Dragons Online. I have a group of about 15-20 people who I run with all over the world but mostly US and Canada.

I finally gave up on WoW a few months back. Just finished AC Odyssey to completion, and am probably going to give Outward a try once the weekend is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad