OT: Video Game Thread: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I'd just like more storage, but just like the 360 not enough to pay $100 bucks for it. Gotta pick your financial battles when you're single, underpaid, and your health sucks.

Reactions: kelmitchell

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I have a PC, PS4 and Switch.

Going to spend about $1400 soon on a new G-Sync monitor and a RTX 2080 for my PC. Been waiting to upgrade for a while.

I'm waiting for 3rd party benchmarks on the 2XXX series. Without software that uses Ray Tracing effectively, there's a solid chance they're extremely overpriced for the returns you'll get in practice.

Reactions: Hapiii and Amorgus

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
"Shrine note:

Turn back if you value your life.
You can't behead the headless.
Our swords and pikes did nothing."

That chained ogre fight in the 2 half with the flaming weapon looks bonkers.

Excited about Sekiro. FromSoftware is done making Souls games for now.

This is the Tenchu / Nioh hybrid they're releasing in March 2019.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I'm waiting for 3rd party benchmarks on the 2XXX series. Without software that uses Ray Tracing effectively, there's a solid chance they're extremely overpriced for the returns you'll get in practice.
I don't know much about this stuff anymore but my friends do and one of them posted an article pretty much saying the same thing. Ray Tracing could either outright fail and get replaced by something else or once there's enough software to utilize the feature there'll be better versions of the cards available. Basically, 1st gen anything in tech is a risky gamble, which is universal common sense unless you're too rich to care or have a way to get it discounted.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Hapiii

Jun 30, 2013
I have a PC, PS4 and Switch.

Going to spend about $1400 soon on a new G-Sync monitor and a RTX 2080 for my PC. Been waiting to upgrade for a while.

Bought my Dell 34" Alienware AW3418DW few months back and love it. My first screen with g sync and it's killing it. The cost for that screen was pretty high but was totally worth it.

I'm still running with 1080ti. Looks like new cards ain't giving same performance jump as 980ti - 1080ti did, so I'm not sure if it's worth the money to get new cards with these prices. Might just pick another 1080ti :naughty:

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I'm kinda afraid to even think about buying Dragon Quest XI since I still have a few other games to play and my nephew wants me on Fortnite all the damn time. I think I'd have to take a week off from work just to relax with an old-school RPG like that. At least school's starting again very soon so I'll have after 9pm to myself guilt-free on school nights!

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
My Fortnite career is coming to an end. I average maybe 2-3 games before I can't take it anymore and sign off. It's a solid game but the play styles and fights are the same thing every time. Gets really boring after awhile.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Bought my Dell 34" Alienware AW3418DW few months back and love it. My first screen with g sync and it's killing it. The cost for that screen was pretty high but was totally worth it.

I'm still running with 1080ti. Looks like new cards ain't giving same performance jump as 980ti - 1080ti did, so I'm not sure if it's worth the money to get new cards with these prices. Might just pick another 1080ti :naughty:

That's exactly what I did too! I picked up another 1080 Ti and I'll check back when the 7nm versions of the 20X0s hit. I'm completely happy with my 1440p/165Hz GSYNC panel, so I don't care about going to 4k yet. I only notice some chugging with one Ti in 3rd party high-res packs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hapiii

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Fortnite really needs what PUBG has, which is there are three different feeling maps that offer different gameplay opportunities and methods. Helps change things up, even if it can be frustrating.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I hope you at least help him get some dubs and aren't deadweight.
I'm 75% dead weight but he calls it being a decoy. He doesn't help his own case because of youthful impatience. We'll be looting somewhere, he'll grab all the chests since he knows where everything on the map is, and then take off without telling me while I'm still trying to scrounge up leftovers. I'm never allowed to initiate contact when we're right next to each other but when he has one of his impromptu head starts he'll just open fire and get taken down before I'm anywhere near him and somehow it's MY fault. He pretty much admitted once he just likes having someone to boss around. :laugh:

Reactions: Magua and Defect

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
this is what it's all about boys...

qt4yZVL.gif

it's even more complex than Hak's system!

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
Anybody playing COD MW2 now that it's backwards compatible for xboxone?

That game was awesome and am genuinely bummed the PS4 doesn't get backwards compatibility.

There were rumors floating around that only the MW2 campaign is getting remastered. From what I've read, there's speculation that next years COD will be MW4 with a BR mode and no campaign and the MW2 remaster will be packaged with it.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I just got No Man's Sky and it seems really cool once you get up and running. I played with a buddy last night that is done the story and just has a whole bunch of sick ships and stuff.

Reactions: mdm815

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
debating on a few things for this coming next few months

definitely getting RDR 2
but now debating on getting NBA 2k and AC Odyssey...i enjoyed Origins but haven't finished it yet so that is definitely a strike against Odyssey

also looking at Call of Cthulhu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad