OT: Video Game Thread: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I was a huge fan of Theme Hospital & can’t wait for Two Point Hospital.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I remember when beyblades made a small comeback and this innocently sweet and hype person made an excited thread saying beyblades are coming back and more dangerous than ever. I'm STILL laughing. God bless that guy. People, of course, immediately mocked his happiness. A shame. Several people I know remember the thread, so it is on the list of ongoing jokes.

Reactions: BigToe

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Any Beyond Good and Evil fans out there? The sequel is supposedly coming soon, and the toy company my wife works for is doing some items for it. I had a blast playing the first one, so I'm interested to see how they go about this sequel.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Any Beyond Good and Evil fans out there? The sequel is supposedly coming soon, and the toy company my wife works for is doing some items for it. I had a blast playing the first one, so I'm interested to see how they go about this sequel.
I liked the original a lot when I first played it but when I bought the remastered version it wasn't clicking as well as it previously did. The sequel looks COMPLETELY different in nearly every way from the first one. And I thought the change between Jak and Daxter to Jak II was extreme... (yet for the better because 2 and 3 RULED)

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

I didn't play it when it came out, but I did play through the remastered version, like Amorgus, on my Xbox One. I enjoyed it; it held up pretty well. That sequel has been in the works so long, or on the shelf so long, it's a surprise it's finally right around the corner. It's not actually a sequel now though.....it's a prequel. I'm not sure how it will work, but I watched a gameplay video for it 6-9 months ago, and the scalability of the game is crazy. Like you can go from a city street to outer space without loading screens.

I liked the original a lot when I first played it but when I bought the remastered version it wasn't clicking as well as it previously did. The sequel looks COMPLETELY different in nearly every way from the first one. And I thought the change between Jak and Daxter to Jak II was extreme... (yet for the better because 2 and 3 RULED)

Only played Jak II funny enough. Great game though.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I didn't play it when it came out, but I did play through the remastered version, like Amorgus, on my Xbox One. I enjoyed it; it held up pretty well. That sequel has been in the works so long, or on the shelf so long, it's a surprise it's finally right around the corner. It's not actually a sequel now though.....it's a prequel. I'm not sure how it will work, but I watched a gameplay video for it 6-9 months ago, and the scalability of the game is crazy. Like you can go from a city street to outer space without loading screens.

I haven't seen or heard anything about it since they released that wild trailer like 3+ years ago that almost seemed fake from being so outrageous. I honestly thought it was some fan fiction or something haha. Then recently my wife mentioned they were doing the toys for it and re-piqued my interest.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I haven't seen or heard anything about it since they released that wild trailer like 3+ years ago that almost seemed fake from being so outrageous. I honestly thought it was some fan fiction or something haha. Then recently my wife mentioned they were doing the toys for it and re-piqued my interest.

Well, there was a trailer 10 years ago (5 years after BGaE1). Then the game went in development hell for like 8 years. Then there was rumors of it rebooting, then the Space Monkey trailer 1 year ago (is that the one you're talking about?), then some more footage this past E3 in June. Honestly, the footage was much of the same, though they showed Pey'j and even Jade (prequel? idk lol) for a bit. Still seems a couple years away though.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY

Jak III was more of the same but with with a chunk of Mad Max vehicle combat and one of my favorite revelations in a video game plot at the end.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Any of you played the walking dead?

Played the first 2 seasons and enjoyed them a lot. Never got around to the 3rd.....with Clem being a secondary character and more mixed reviews, just lost track. I know the final one is releasing, so maybe one day.

I also played The Wolf Among Us by Telltale. That one was really good too and even inspired me to buy some of the comics. That's the extent of my Telltale gaming though. They have a ton of those games.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Well, there was a trailer 10 years ago (5 years after BGaE1). Then the game went in development hell for like 8 years. Then there was rumors of it rebooting, then the Space Monkey trailer 1 year ago (is that the one you're talking about?), then some more footage this past E3 in June. Honestly, the footage was much of the same, though they showed Pey'j and even Jade (prequel? idk lol) for a bit. Still seems a couple years away though.
The space monkey one is what I'm talking about I think. With the monkey and a super realistic looking Pey'j. It seemed way over the top when my buddy showed it to me in passing. Was that really only a year ago? Jesus...

I'm just trying to go back to the Mammago Garage and hang out with some Rastafarian rhinos.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
The space monkey one is what I'm talking about I think. With the monkey and a super realistic looking Pey'j. It seemed way over the top when my buddy showed it to me in passing. Was that really only a year ago? Jesus...

I'm just trying to go back to the Mammago Garage and hang out with some Rastafarian rhinos.
I saw a previous one that had them swearing and stuff but was on a planet in the daytime. I just watched the latest one and good god what is Jade doing???

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Played the first 2 seasons and enjoyed them a lot. Never got around to the 3rd.....with Clem being a secondary character and more mixed reviews, just lost track. I know the final one is releasing, so maybe one day.

I also played The Wolf Among Us by Telltale. That one was really good too and even inspired me to buy some of the comics. That's the extent of my Telltale gaming though. They have a ton of those games.
You should definitely finish it. I like all of telltale’s stuff too.

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
@Flyotes what format do you guys run?

And crazy bones. Man i loved those things. Toothpaste sharkey? Something like that. I just remember they were the biggest thing in like third grade.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
It also wasn't instructive. When he saw me playing Rome:TW he started doing the same thing about LANing me. I agreed after a couple days, with the only condition being that I picked the map. He said "I don't care. I'll wreck you on any map." I chose a map with a bridge over a river. He created an actual, decent, balanced army. I selected half an army of pigs, most of the other half as archers, and then a couple cavalry units. The battle starts and I hear him scream "PIGS!?!?! YOU'RE ****ED!!" from across the house...and he immediately send his whole army across the bridge. It was met by my horde of pigs, which stopped his whole army on the bridge as my archers slaughtered him. Soon enough he was routed and my cavalry was mopping up, as I could hear him screaming "NOOOOO" a floor below me.

7b2.jpeg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
[ Don't give up! ]

You now have multiple paths you can traverse after this boss.

Haha, I noticed. I rejected the poison swamp immediately and didn't feel like dealing with the truck-sized crabs so I knocked off an invader and called it quits for the night.

On my first playthrough, I got almost to the Sage but didn't fight her. I got caught up with those two exiled nights living on the steps leading to Farron Keep, and they stomped me over and over until I moved to a different game. This time around I stomped them without taking a hit. Experience matters I guess.

I wasn't remotely ready to face a boss when I first stumbled into the fight area. I looked at it and thought "I bet this place has a bonfire right before the boss" and then immediately found myself facing a boss.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Is there a way we can have a stickied post near the top of this thread with our online user names?

Would that be helpful to those in here?

I am still looking for RB6 players on ps4 if anyone is up for it.

Psn = dingbathero

Reactions: BigToe

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
So I got Bloodbourne upon release never having played (or even heard of) a Dark Souls game. I played it for like a week and couldn't even reach the first boss. I uninstalled and haven't gone back. Over the weekend my friend was talking it up so I started playing again on Saturday night and I will be uninstalling it again when I get home.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So I got Bloodbourne upon release never having played (or even heard of) a Dark Souls game. I played it for like a week and couldn't even reach the first boss. I uninstalled and haven't gone back. Over the weekend my friend was talking it up so I started playing again on Saturday night and I will be uninstalling it again when I get home.

Yep I didn't like Bloodborne, DS3 is way better.

You won't have trouble finding the first boss in DS3, that's for sure.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad