OT: Video Game Thread Part IV

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Cancelled my NHL 15 preorder.

Not supporting this product this year. Absolute garbage. If they were realistic and sold it for $20, then I might buy it, but in no way does it warrant a full price release.

nfl 2k5 at 19.99 had more features than nhl 15

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
2BC have been saying player progression in 360 version is much much better. honestly I might just buy the 360 version. its been months since I played NHL so ill probably enjoy it and its worth it to me for the (mostly) fixed GM mode

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Buying nhl15 is like the joke that has been said year after year of that "I'm buying next years game just for the roster update". That but they took out everything else lol.

If EA took the year off on this one, so should the consumer....

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Buying nhl15 is like the joke that has been said year after year of that "I'm buying next years game just for the roster update". That but they took out everything else lol.

If EA took the year off on this one, so should the consumer....

EA took the year off LAST year. They didn't release a next gen version of NHL 14. They had enough time to work on this it's pathetic.

They put out Fifa 14 on next gen with no problems.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF

man do I wish this was NHL14. took them a year to fix progression. at least its fixed now I guess

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
nhl-15-prudential-center.jpg

ill defer to you guys on the accuracy, but from what ive seen on TV, looks good

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I picked up Destiny and NHL 15 last night. Desiny's servers were jammed all night so I didn't get to play at all... but The opening video for the game is amazing.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
I picked up Destiny and NHL 15 last night. Desiny's servers were jammed all night so I didn't get to play at all... but The opening video for the game is amazing.

Can you help me understand the hype behind Destiny? Why is it so popular? I saw a stream of it and idk was confused by what was going on exactly...is it like Halo or something?

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
NHL 15 Gameplay is the best its ever been... Actually rewarded for dominating 99% of the game

Gameplay wise its the best NHL as it should be

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
How's the commentary from Doc and Olczyk? I remember watching videos and it being very robotic and not smooth.

The commentary is so/so. I scored a goal 8 minutes into the first period and Doc was saying "that's the first goal of the game.... it took a long time, but they are happy to have the lead"

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Can you help me understand the hype behind Destiny? Why is it so popular? I saw a stream of it and idk was confused by what was going on exactly...is it like Halo or something?

Well the most fun thing about Halo was the multiplayer. Destiny is made by Bungie (Halo) and Activision (Call of Duty). The mechanics and graphics are amazing. Basically you and everyone else that bought the game are fighting to win the planets back from aliens. Mars, Venus, Earth and Mercury (maybe even others) were colonized then attacked. The entire game switches between single and multi player. There are areas on the planet where you go and a single player mission is triggered and you're on your own... or you can fight with or against others.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
The commentary is so/so. I scored a goal 8 minutes into the first period and Doc was saying "that's the first goal of the game.... it took a long time, but they are happy to have the lead"

Is the commentary different in BeaGM mode(Season mode) than Play Now? Does Doc has his loud "Scoreee" anywhere in this game?

Supposedly Rammer said Doc has excitement but I didn't really hear it during any play now games during the easy access for Xbox One

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Is the commentary different in BeaGM mode(Season mode) than Play Now? Does Doc has his loud "Scoreee" anywhere in this game?

Supposedly Rammer said Doc has excitement but I didn't really hear it during any play now games during the easy access for Xbox One

I haven't heard Doc yell yet.. I have played 4 or 5 GM mode games and a few exhibitions.

Even without Doc yelling, it sounds a crap load better than Gary Thorne.

The graphics are so good in this game. If you put the camera mode on True Broadcast, you could absolutely fool people into thinking you're watching a real game especially with the NBC Sports overlay and nice looking crowds.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Well I finally got the official version of the game on psn from digital install...

It fully finishes and now im on the main menu and it says Game installation 2%....... How long will it take jesus

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Well the most fun thing about Halo was the multiplayer. Destiny is made by Bungie (Halo) and Activision (Call of Duty). The mechanics and graphics are amazing. Basically you and everyone else that bought the game are fighting to win the planets back from aliens. Mars, Venus, Earth and Mercury (maybe even others) were colonized then attacked. The entire game switches between single and multi player. There are areas on the planet where you go and a single player mission is triggered and you're on your own... or you can fight with or against others.

That actually sounds pretty cool...maybe i'll check it out, thanks for the response!

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
If you're looking for a long and in depth single player story mode, just make sure you do enough research on the game first. I only played the beta for an hour and haven't played the game since I bought it at midnight... but it seems largely geared towards multiplayer. You have to be online to play the game at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad