OT: Video Game Thread Part IV

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Sorry to break the NHL talk, but in some other gaming news for those still interesting in the Nintendo side of things.

The 3DS demo for Smash Brothers hits next week and it seems the final roster has finally leaked. Biggest surprise?

oxycmtw2oe9ejp1jaeiy.png

The ****ing Dog from Duck Hunt!!!! I can't wait to smash his head in.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Sorry to break the NHL talk, but in some other gaming news for those still interesting in the Nintendo side of things.

The 3DS demo for Smash Brothers hits next week and it seems the final roster has finally leaked. Biggest surprise?

oxycmtw2oe9ejp1jaeiy.png

The ****ing Dog from Duck Hunt!!!! I can't wait to smash his head in.

I sense some unresolved issues Eddy. Do you also hold a grudge against Cheetah and the power pad? :)

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
So I just keep discovering more crap that is missing from NHL 15.
There's no three star selection after games. I mean that is not really a reason to riot... but how much time and effort did that save by not including it? I really don't get what happened to this game.

Not being able to sim to your next shift in Be a Pro plus no juniors or minors absolutely ruins that mode.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Wow at that goal :laugh:

I'm so glad I didn't drop money for a new system just for NHL 15 like I had debated a couple months back. I'm not even buying the 360 version either, though the Be a GM revamp in terms of progession and realism is something I do appreciate.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
So I just keep discovering more crap that is missing from NHL 15.
There's no three star selection after games. I mean that is not really a reason to riot... but how much time and effort did that save by not including it? I really don't get what happened to this game.

Not being able to sim to your next shift in Be a Pro plus no juniors or minors absolutely ruins that mode.

I think they said the 3 stars or something will be in a coming update.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I'm disappointed at the stuff missing... but I have to say the game is really fun to play and the presentation is outstanding.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I'm really enjoying playing the games in NHL 15 but I can't wait for the October patch for the Be-a-GM mode update.

I'll probably end up having 2 or 3 solid runs playing this game as every few months the patches will be add enough back into the game that I pick it back up again after wearing myself out on it. :laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Picked up the Smash demo. Definitely classic fun, seems a bit faster then Brawl was. I'll be picking it up, will share friend codes if anyone else has a 3DS haha. :laugh:

Man NHL 15 looks pretty visually, but looks pretty broken too. Kind of common with the first next gen titles. 16 should be better, but the lack of proper competition is really hurting the market with sports titles in general IMO.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I finally got Diablo 3. Got it mainly for couch co op. Is the game all in the dark? I hope that the darkness doesn't turn out lik need for speed carbon. At least when I was playing Lord of the Rings war in the North, the game had a lot of different settings and brightness levels. It also was couch co op. Pretty sure I got the ultimate evil edition of Diablo.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I finally got Diablo 3. Got it mainly for couch co op. Is the game all in the dark? I hope that the darkness doesn't turn out lik need for speed carbon. At least when I was playing Lord of the Rings war in the North, the game had a lot of different settings and brightness levels. It also was couch co op. Pretty sure I got the ultimate evil edition of Diablo.

All in the dark how you mean? The fog of war or is it just overall dark?

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
All in the dark how you mean? The fog of war or is it just overall dark?[/QUOTE
Meant the night setting. I am 12 hours in to the game and it is still night. Curious to know if daylight takes place. But I guess I will just keep on playing.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Just picked up Fifa 15.... Anyone want to play anything? Here are the games I have:

Playstation 4: Gamertag theMayor2628
NHL 15

XBOX One: Gamertag tmoney2628
FIFA 15
Destiny
Fifa 14
Madden 25
Battlefield 4
Titanfall
Need For Speed Rivals
Forza 5

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I actually didn't buy Fifa 14, Madden 25, Need for Speed Rivals, and Battlefield 4. I subscribe to EA Access. For $5 a month you get these games for free. So basically you pay $60 for a whole year to play four games instead of $240 to by four games.

MountainGoat

Anyone else bored with Destiny? I'm thinking about trading it in for the last of us, I still haven't played that game.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
Anyone else bored with Destiny? I'm thinking about trading it in for the last of us, I still haven't played that game.

I bought Destiny day one and still haven't played it.

I am still playing Last Of Us...so good. On my second time through it now. I just started the campaign on the highest difficulty last night. Died so many times, but so much fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad