OT: Video Game Thread Part IV

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
The Last of Us is so good that sometimes I would get disappointed when a cut scene was over and I'd have to play again.... it's like an awesome movie. The acting/voice acting is so good and emotional.

Have you played the Left Behind DLC yet? That's quite good as well.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
The Last of Us is so good that sometimes I would get disappointed when a cut scene was over and I'd have to play again.... it's like an awesome movie. The acting/voice acting is so good and emotional.

Have you played the Left Behind DLC yet? That's quite good as well.

Agreed. The PS4 version came with Left Behind already on it. I haven't done it yet though. I guess I should do that first before continuing with the campaign again. I forgot all about it.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Agreed. The PS4 version came with Left Behind already on it. I haven't done it yet though. I guess I should do that first before continuing with the campaign again. I forgot all about it.

Now that you know what happens in the main story, you can play it. You should beat the main story before playing it so you're not confused.... but towards the end it gives you another classic Last of Us "Holy ****" and "Wait... what the ****" moment.

kiwidevil

You guys been hearing anything about a new fallout? Will be the only reason I buy a PS4.

Also, how is the blu ray player on the ps4? better than the ps3?

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I am in heaven right now. I downloaded Silent Hill 2, 3, and 4 for the PC. I just can't get 4 to run because I have no idea how to properly mount an iso and crack it.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
You guys been hearing anything about a new fallout? Will be the only reason I buy a PS4.

Also, how is the blu ray player on the ps4? better than the ps3?

Only thing known about it…and it's not 100% confirmed by Bethesda but firmly believed due to job listings and other various tidbits is that it will take place in and around Boston.

I'd be shocked if it's out before holiday 2015.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
I know the lack of modes are frustrating but this NHL is by far the best gameplay experience ive had ..... I think it is amazing

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I know the lack of modes are frustrating but this NHL is by far the best gameplay experience ive had ..... I think it is amazing

Love the way it plays after the patches/tuners but they need to try and get rid of the short side circle cheese and make the goalies not so invincible from the slot anymore.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Love the way it plays after the patches/tuners but they need to try and get rid of the short side circle cheese and make the goalies not so invincible from the slot anymore.

It is really easy to score in that game.... and every goal is a top shelf rocket.

jagrgodr

Sep 24, 2006
Picked up the new King's Bounty game a few weeks ago, been loving that. You play as a non human and killing all the humans, pretty good.

Also i purchased Gauntlet remake because i LOVED that as a kid. Haven't had time to play it though

theking72

Confucius Ackbar
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
NJ
Now that it's been out for a few months, does anyone have anything positive to say about NHL 15 on the Xbox One?

lachyrm

Jun 3, 2010
Now that it's been out for a few months, does anyone have anything positive to say about NHL 15 on the Xbox One?

I actually think the gameplay is the best the series has had by a fairly large margin, apart from a few matters of taste. The OTP, when you're lucky enough to be playing with 9 other guys who know how to play, is fun.

Having said that, it's super bare-bones still, and the HUT leaderboard (if you play HUT) is completely broken and only seems to roughly represent who has the most wins, not best record and strength of competition.

Probably only worth picking up if you put most of your time into online versus or just play offline.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
If you haven't watched a gameplay video for Tom Clancy's The Division... You really should. Looks flat out amazing.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Sik02gt

Mar 4, 2013
question for you video game guys.. the rubber tabs on my ps4 controller are ripping and wearing apart.. is there any fix to this? its quite annoying and sooner rather than later they will be completely ripped off.. im not a big gamer just an occasional player so im hoping someone here has a recommendation on a fix with out having to drop over 60bucks on a new controller when this one is perfectly fine and doesnt even have that much use on it.

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
Its ubisoft as good as it looks it will be poorly optimized with a shallow repitive story
Harshly said but I think you're right. More than often has Ubisoft had a really interesting idea for a game and the tools to actually make a good game but they seem to have the ability to **** it up somehow. Hopefully Division would be a bit different in that regard.

I've recently gotten back into real gaming after playing mainly casual-type of games every now and then for the past year or two... or three? Not sure. Happened to buy Alan Wake, Fallout: New Vegas and both Left 4 Deads from Steam's halloween sale. I'm mainly a so called "console ***" so I hadn't had much interest in pc-gaming before. I don't have much to say about L4D1&2 since probably everyone knows what they're about and how simple and repetitive the games are. AW & NV on the other hand really got me sparked despite being a few years old.

I have managed to waste about 30 hours of time playing New Vegas in about a week. It is really a great and addictive game. I personally enjoyed FO3 a lot and not many things have changed. It is basically a better FO3. More than likely many of you know what the deal is with NV so I wont write too much about it because it would take too long.

Alan Wake was a game I was looking forward to for a few years before it even came out. Sadly enough it was never released on the PS3 so I basically forgot about the game after it came out and the hype had settled. AW was released in 2012 for the pc though, which is great. I really recommend it to anyone with even slight interest toward the game. It boasts a great atmosphere and storyline. The gameplay mechanics work pretty well and using light as a weapon is an innovative idea. If you would like to see Twin Peaks along with Stephen King-type of storytelling in a horror-action/thriller game you should get this one. Warning though: camera angle is kind of bad and there is only little replay value.

MountainGoat

I started a new play through in Skyrim with a mod called Requiem, it makes the game way more challenging and immersive, you actually need to play with a strategy instead of hacking and slashing or you'll get owned. It completely rebuilds the gameplay, the NPC's in the game actually level up and become stronger as the days go by. It's fun if you like old school RPG's but it's tough, last night I spent 4 hours in a cave getting owned by 3 skeleton archers.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
I started a new play through in Skyrim with a mod called Requiem, it makes the game way more challenging and immersive, you actually need to play with a strategy instead of hacking and slashing or you'll get owned. It completely rebuilds the gameplay, the NPC's in the game actually level up and become stronger as the days go by. It's fun if you like old school RPG's but it's tough, last night I spent 4 hours in a cave getting owned by 3 skeleton archers.

No thanks. Getting ***** by Ice Storm is annoying in just adept. I cant ****ing stand that attack. A huge ball of ice and snow comes flying at you filling a hallway slowing you to a crawl and drains your stamina so you cant sprint to close the distance.

I actually just finished Dawnguard. fun little story got to explore the Vale a little more best moment was walking on a frozen lake and two dragons burst out and attack me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad