OT: Video Game Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

B A T M A N

great move by R*. The launch of GTAO has been a complete joke but at least they're trying to make up for it.

I can't ****ing wait for heists to come out....wow that's going to be so fun
Definitely, can't wait for Heists. I guess they didn't come at the start because right now they're just too single player oriented. They need to find a way to make them work for GTAO. But once they do, it's gonna be THE ****. There's still NO shortage of things to do on it though. I just can't wait for more customization options to come as well. Right now the clothing sucks and I find the character customization to be a bit of a joke.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
game is hilarious. heading into year 3, I sign Marc Staal in free agency, the immediately flip him and Eddie Lack for Steven Stamkos

although, it makes sense for the Lightning. they have a .920+ goalie, a legit top D and still have Drouin who will be 90+

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
so.... heading into year 4...

Stamkos (95) - Duchene (88) - Henrique (86)
Brunner (84) - Zajac (87) - Tedenby (85)
Ryder (83) - Loktionov (84) - Hagelin (84)
Strome (80) - Josefson (84) - Silferberg (82)

Larsson (88) - Edler (85)
Teubert (85) - Greene (83)
Fayne (81) - Merrill (81)

Schneider (86) - Bishop (82)

think its pretty good right? :P

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
so.... heading into year 4...

Stamkos (95) - Duchene (88) - Henrique (86)
Brunner (84) - Zajac (87) - Tedenby (85)
Ryder (83) - Loktionov (84) - Hagelin (84)
Strome (80) - Josefson (84) - Silferberg (82)

Larsson (88) - Edler (85)
Teubert (85) - Greene (83)
Fayne (81) - Merrill (81)

Schneider (86) - Bishop (82)

think its pretty good right? :P

Did you create Merrill?

yakitate304

Crunch Time
Oct 23, 2007
NY
yup. made him a 75OVR 4 Green Stars

Merrill is pretty much the definition of yellow star uncertainty.

Just started a pair of Live The Life modes - one as a 16 year old playing for Guelph, the other started at the draft and went #1 to Colorado. I'm doing both since the NHL one will help me unlock boosts for my EASHL player. Haven't played my first NHL preseason game yet.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
went through the new roster update today. all I could see that changed was MacKinnon/Jones/Barkov etc's ratings being higher, and Brodeur replacing Kovy on the menu screen. oh and Brunner being on NJ

no new players in minors, no ratings changed, no moves from junior to minor (Boucher still a 64 on Sarnia)

B A T M A N

Good. I'm not ready for Watch Dogs yet. Spring may be the time I invest in the PS4. For now I'm purchasing a lot of older titles that I've been missing out on, and going nuts. Why? Because the deals are amazing.

I think Watch Dogs will benefit from another several couple months of polishing.

B A T M A N

That's the kind of deals I've been hunting for. Unfortunately I only see it for $28 on Amazon. :(

B A T M A N

with WAtch Dogs being pushed back I need to figure out another release day title to get for PS4.
Killzone: Shadow Fall looks like the only one worth while, imo. Knack looks boring as well. There's a few free-to-play games that will be available too. Iunno man. Launch games are always kinda ****. It'll be a year before good games start coming out.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Killzone: Shadow Fall looks like the only one worth while, imo. Knack looks boring as well. There's a few free-to-play games that will be available too. Iunno man. Launch games are always kinda ****. It'll be a year before good games start coming out.

That's why I'm not itching to get the new Xbox right away.

Titanfall won't be out until the spring.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
wont be buying a new console till NHL15. why wont they release on PC :cry:

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
wont be buying a new console till NHL15. why wont they release on PC :cry:

Because the older NHL games got pirated to hell.

The console versions combined barely sell 1m copies every year.

I'd kill for a PC version ( MODS OMGZZZZ MODS ) But I completely understand why EA avoids it.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
couple of important GM changes. hoping the development tuning is good

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
im hearing the patch has fixed the ridiculous amounts of players turning red stars. they also have a bit more value. ill need to start a new one up and test

EDIT: red star players now have accurate trade value to their overall. thank god.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad