OT: Video Game Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
just finished my latest year. went to the SCF Game 7 and Parise pulls out a hatty. what a tool

anyway, the prospect game had an 83 Overall Enforcer Defenseman, so I wheeled and dealed, trading Ryan and 20th for 8th + 11th, then the 8th +11th for 1st Overall. took the guy, Stephane Deslauriers. his individual stats are insane. 90 Speed, 93 Agility, 95 Checking and 99 Fighting Skill. he effectively replace Ryan Murray on the top pair, so I flipped Murray and a future 1st back to CBJ for Oliver Bjorkstrand (amazine defensive sniper. 99 for wrist power and accuracy, and 98 for defensive awareness). so lines going forward are....

Scheifele (87) - Duchene (89) - Henrique (87)
Bjorkstrand (85) - Zajac (87) - Heward (85)
Fioretti (80) - Bennett (83) - Tedenby (84)
Brassart (78) - Josefson (83) - Raymond (81)

Larsson (85) - Deslauriers (83)
Fayne (81) - Brodin (82)
Lange (80) - Burlon (82)

Schneider (86) - Brodeur (83)

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Aye, they're the '07 jerseys that don't have the NHL shield on the collar. The pre-Reebok's.

Yeah thanks both of you. Honestly i never seen the diffrence on the little card until i knew what i was looking for. Should of made a 06-07 logo in the corner or something.

B A T M A N

PS3 gamers, go out and buy Beyond: Two Souls. Right now. ****ing hell what a great game. The main menu theme is bone chilling.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
PS3 gamers, go out and buy Beyond: Two Souls. Right now. ****ing hell what a great game. The main menu theme is bone chilling.

I looked it up anf it seems to be getting really good ratings or mediocre ratings. Can you elaborate on your experience with the game?

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
simmed to january 1st. Deslauriers has 270 PIMs. and going by my times-shorthanded, the VAST majority of those must have been fighting majors. wow

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
simmed to january 1st. Deslauriers has 270 PIMs. and going by my times-shorthanded, the VAST majority of those must have been fighting majors. wow

I've seen a few Enforcers go that high. Never Drafted them because they were defencemen and im a firm believer that Defencemen should not fight. Even more so if they are top 4.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I've seen a few Enforcers go that high. Never Drafted them because they were defencemen and im a firm believer that Defencemen should not fight. Even more so if they are top 4.

mine is playing top-2 with Larsson. hes 4.5 Green stars so I want him getting a ton of minutes so he is 90+ soon. and we are 2ns in the league in goals allowed, and 4th in PK so cant be too bad

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Deslauriers finishes the regular season with 612 PIMs 0_0

I took my times shorthanded, all my players PIMs, estimated fighting occurances for other players and tried to work out Deslauriers 2/4 minor penalties against 5 minute fighting pens. very roughly, and probably pretty innacurate but he must have been close to a fight-per-game. not bad :D

B A T M A N

Year 4 complete. Devils win the Stanley Cup, and Albany won the Calder cup.

So Tavares has just become Sidney Crosby for my team. His value is maxed out, and is 95 overall. ****ing nuts. One of my top talents got the red star ********, even though he was over a point per game performer in the AHL. Makes absolutely no sense to me, but at least my key prospects (Ekblad, McDavid) didn't.

Made few offseason moves so my team isn't that different.

Yakupov (88) - Tavares (95) - Kane (88)
Barkov (83) - Henrique (88) - Brunner (81)
Jones (82) - Galchenyuk (86) - Gallagher (82)
Rajala (79) - Vincour (82) - Erne (84)

Ekblad (88) - Pietrangelo (90)
Hedman (86) - Larsson (83)
Rielly (84) - Ristolainen (80)

Schneider (86)
Allen (83)

Acquired Hertl. Only took McDavid to land him. :sarcasm: Kidding, got him for Burlon and a low draft pick.

I looked it up anf it seems to be getting really good ratings or mediocre ratings. Can you elaborate on your experience with the game?
I haven't played it too much because I'm still doing GTA V, but it's an amazing experience. Quantic Dreams, the company that did Heavy Rain, is responsible for it. And it looks and plays a lot like Heavy Rain. Ellen Paige and Willem Dafoe are in it and are really good. If you're looking for a game with a really engaging story, B:TS definitely delivers.

Last edited by a moderator:

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Why are their no players demandibg trades in GM? Why cant i resign players with only one year left why are their no Free agents above 82 in the pool on July 1st. Why does my boss want 50 wins when i have 3 60's overalls on my team. Why wont my coach play my 84 4 1/2 yellow star back up goalie more even when i manually move him to starter position

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
just watched 2BC's latest GM mode. he was annoyed about Red Star potential, and prospects not developing properly. he contacted EA (he gets invited to their input sessions and early test copies etc) and this is what they said

- they are working on fixing the amount of players that turn red, despite great seasons (and in general)

- prospects develop best by playing them on the line they want. for example, Larsson starts GM mode as a top-6. naturally, I always move him to top-2, because its Larsson and I want him to get lots of time. apparently that will ruin his development. you should play him top 6 until he grown into top-4 then hopefully top-2

of course, theres a problem in that few defensemen are listed top-2 (88+), so what you do (in my opinion) is play top-4 guys with already white potential while your developing guys play the role they want

I paused the video, and simmed 2 years quickly while I watched the rest of the video. lo and behold, Larsson went from 83 to 84 to 87 (and still has 3-4 development years left), whereas in my main build, I put him top2 straight away and he went Red potential and never grew beyond 85.

so I advocate you guys trying this out. ill be trying it out more with this test run as well as my main run

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
I picked Yakupov off RFA for a 2nd. He was a 4 1/2 red star. After a year he is now a 4 1/2 yellow stars. So dont give up on Red star players. I dont really have the problems with my players turning red as long as i dont rush or bury them in the A's.

just watched 2BC's latest GM mode. he was annoyed about Red Star potential, and prospects not developing properly. he contacted EA (he gets invited to their input sessions and early test copies etc) and this is what they said

- they are working on fixing the amount of players that turn red, despite great seasons (and in general)

- prospects develop best by playing them on the line they want. for example, Larsson starts GM mode as a top-6. naturally, I always move him to top-2, because its Larsson and I want him to get lots of time. apparently that will ruin his development. you should play him top 6 until he grown into top-4 then hopefully top-2

of course, theres a problem in that few defensemen are listed top-2 (88+), so what you do (in my opinion) is play top-4 guys with already white potential while your developing guys play the role they want

I paused the video, and simmed 2 years quickly while I watched the rest of the video. lo and behold, Larsson went from 83 to 84 to 87 (and still has 3-4 development years left), whereas in my main build, I put him top2 straight away and he went Red potential and never grew beyond 85.

so I advocate you guys trying this out. ill be trying it out more with this test run as well as my main run

Yeah i said this before

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Yeah i said this before

maybe my brain blocked it out because its so unrealistic. when you have someone like Larsson or my Deslauriers guy who have awesome potential and solid stats, you want to play them top minutes instead of the top-6 that their role states. but if its gonna make them develop better, ill suck it up

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
maybe my brain blocked it out because its so unrealistic. when you have someone like Larsson or my Deslauriers guy who have awesome potential and solid stats, you want to play them top minutes instead of the top-6 that their role states. but if its gonna make them develop better, ill suck it up

I agree, but i understand where its comming from. Taking a top prospect and throwing him to the wolfs could not only hurt their development but also the team.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I agree, but i understand where its comming from. Taking a top prospect and throwing him to the wolfs could not only hurt their development but also the team.

true. I should 'DeBoer' Larsson and just not play him at all

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
GTA V Online is far more fun when you're playing with people you actually know. Played for 3 hours with a buddy of mine, mission after mission, running around in free mode, its a ****ing blast.

If any of you want to play sometime my Xbox GT is chessarmy x35 - I play HUT on NHL 14 as well so if you want a challenge msg

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
can't wait to what they do with Fallout on next gem systems

Me too. ive poured hundreds of hours into New Vegas and just picked up the Ultimate Edition with all the DLC for $20. Haven't got into it yet but if its anything like the Fallout 3 one its well worth the buy.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
great move by R*. The launch of GTAO has been a complete joke but at least they're trying to make up for it.

I can't ****ing wait for heists to come out....wow that's going to be so fun

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
started a new test GM for development. picked up an array of young players playing in different lines/leagues

got Silvferberg, Strome, Eberle, G Reinhart, Edler and Bjorkstrand

Strome is playing 1C in Albany and is a 2PPG player at the start of February 0_0

also, my custom roster has Brunner on NJ, but I also moved Brunner from National league to NJ in the custom rosters.... so in my new GM mode theres 2 Brunners haha. 1 was mine, and 1 in Free Agency. I got so confused when I tried to trade for Eberle and both NJ and EDM had a Brunner lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad