OT: Video Game Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilChuk*

I just got to 85%. I may stick there for a while once online starts working.

Bruce are you Xbox or PS3? I'm Xbox

I'm gonna try to knock solo out of the park before I get to online because I figure I probably won't ever go back.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Why are there no right wings in NHL14. Im tired of bringing in mercs for a year or twobecause my RW prospects never work out

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I'm a little bit disappointed with GTA V Online.

The fact that you have to BUY helicopters in free mode as opposed to just stealing one is BS. In GTA IV there was a set location for them and they'd respawn all the time, so if you wanted to fly around you knew where to go. Jumbo Jets are unflyable (why?), and the missions are hard to load and find a group of people that'll actually play it right unless you're with friends.

GTA IV Online > GTA V Online

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago

The fact that you have to BUY helicopters in free mode as opposed to just stealing one is BS. In GTA IV there was a set location for them and they'd respawn all the time, so if you wanted to fly around you knew where to go. Jumbo Jets are unflyable (why?), and the missions are hard to load and find a group of people that'll actually play it right unless you're with friends.

You can find helicopters in the airport for free. I get them all the time.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

no way. once they patch everything it won't be close. gta iv online sucked compared to this.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK

There's always a heli at Trevor's air field.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
no way. once they patch everything it won't be close. gta iv online sucked compared to this.

You can find helicopters in the airport for free. I get them all the time.

There's always a heli at Trevor's air field.

I should have looked harder I guess :laugh:

Well, there are still a ton of bugs (my friend lost his profile after working hours to rank up and get money), hopefully that stuff gets fixed soon.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago

Well, there are still a ton of bugs (my friend lost his profile after working hours to rank up and get money), hopefully that stuff gets fixed soon.

Yeah it's buggy to all hell for sure. Rushed would be a understatement but it's gonna be great once everything is smoothed over.

B A T M A N

cad-20131004-ec2fd.png

:laugh:

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013

You can also fly jumbo jets. It's hard to get in but just spam Triangle near them. I typically get in either from under the middle of the plane or running into the wing.

B A T M A N

Survival is the funnest mode for GTA Online. My friend and I have been spamming it and we've accumulated over 100k so far. It is challenging and fun.

DevilzFan

PS3 GM Conn. Oilers
Feb 4, 2010
Jersey
www.cobraisland.com
Well, who says the HUT packs are garbage? :lol:

It's Sunday, so my weekly "free" pack just became available. I open it, and what's inside?

2013_10_6_2_10_23.bmp

Daaaamn! Shame it's from a free pack though, means I can't sell it. :lol:

I've now got the entire Devils team/logo/jersey's in HUT, except for the Elusive Travis Zajac. I'll have to play a few more games to earn some more pucks to buy him.

B A T M A N

GTA Online is definitely a love/hate relationship. Love it when it works, ****ing hate its guts when it doesn't. I was playing with some friends, when the game froze on me after we finished a mission. No problem, Bruce thinks, as he dashboards and relaunches the game and goes back into online. But oh, ****, the cloud servers are down! So impatient Brucey waits for over thirty minutes to be able to get in, and then when he does, he is horrorstruck to learn that his character has been deleted and cannot be recovered. I was a Rank 18, which sucks. Since I deposit my money into my bank regularly, I only lost about $50,000 so that wasn't that big of a deal. Could've been worse. Could have purchased that $400k apartment I was planning to, and then lost it. Then I'd be pissed. But yeah. Rockstar, please get your server **** together. Players should not have to deal with such broken ****. 13 million people, yeah, I got that, but establish a way to save our **** so this doesn't happen. It can't be THAT difficult.

Sexually yours,
Bruce.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Dont know if its a glitch but the shot off the faceoff is a great tool to score goals from the Defensive zone and center ice. A shot in the Dzone causes a race for the puck that can result in a breakaway. while a shot from center ice can force the goalie to play the puck and turn it over like 25% of the time

DevilChuk*

GTA Online is definitely a love/hate relationship. Love it when it works, ****ing hate its guts when it doesn't. I was playing with some friends, when the game froze on me after we finished a mission. No problem, Bruce thinks, as he dashboards and relaunches the game and goes back into online. But oh, ****, the cloud servers are down! So impatient Brucey waits for over thirty minutes to be able to get in, and then when he does, he is horrorstruck to learn that his character has been deleted and cannot be recovered. I was a Rank 18, which sucks. Since I deposit my money into my bank regularly, I only lost about $50,000 so that wasn't that big of a deal. Could've been worse. Could have purchased that $400k apartment I was planning to, and then lost it. Then I'd be pissed. But yeah. Rockstar, please get your server **** together. Players should not have to deal with such broken ****. 13 million people, yeah, I got that, but establish a way to save our **** so this doesn't happen. It can't be THAT difficult.

Sexually yours,
Bruce.

haven't touched GTA online yet and kinda happy I haven't.. planning to completely finish solo (100% + rest of achievements) so will be another few days. Hopefully they have everything figured out before the end of the week cause I don't wanna lose **** haha

B A T M A N

haven't touched GTA online yet and kinda happy I haven't.. planning to completely finish solo (100% + rest of achievements) so will be another few days. Hopefully they have everything figured out before the end of the week cause I don't wanna lose **** haha
Just take your time and enjoy SP. That's the best thing to do. SP is still the true, core experience. It's interesting though, because in a lot of ways, GTAO is heavily single player oriented. Like Rockstar still finds the single player aspect way more important than the actual multiplayer aspect. But it's different obviously because you can play with 15 other people. Sometimes it's not as fun as it's cracked up to be. I restarted a new character for a couple hours, re-played through the tutorial missions, and while doing those silly things, these random players kept chasing me and trying to kill me. It's really a pain in the ass sometimes. You just want to yell at them and tell them to **** off and let you go about your business. Obviously you can just do a solo session to avoid this, but then it REALLY becomes GTA Online Single Player edition, which isn't what it is.

Rant aside, can't wait for future content to be added. When they add Heists to GTA Online, that's when **** will really get real. Back to singleplayer for me!

DevilChuk*

Just take your time and enjoy SP. That's the best thing to do. SP is still the true, core experience. It's interesting though, because in a lot of ways, GTAO is heavily single player oriented. Like Rockstar still finds the single player aspect way more important than the actual multiplayer aspect. But it's different obviously because you can play with 15 other people. Sometimes it's not as fun as it's cracked up to be. I restarted a new character for a couple hours, re-played through the tutorial missions, and while doing those silly things, these random players kept chasing me and trying to kill me. It's really a pain in the ass sometimes. You just want to yell at them and tell them to **** off and let you go about your business. Obviously you can just do a solo session to avoid this, but then it REALLY becomes GTA Online Single Player edition, which isn't what it is.

Rant aside, can't wait for future content to be added. When they add Heists to GTA Online, that's when **** will really get real. Back to singleplayer for me!

there's no heists yet? didn't know that.. figured that was what the game was all about.

I'm at 94% right now with all collectibles done. I have to complete one more street race (these are a pain as they don't like to unlock for me), those pesky knife flights (also a pain.. really hard to pull some of them off), stunt jumps (saving for last) and two activities (booty call and walking Chop).

I'm also at 48/50 bridges because I'm a moron and didn't mark them off as I was going.. so I can't really tell if I did any because I unlocked various ones early.. gonna have to go through all of them again to get that achievement.

question.. if i purchase a car/plane/heli online, does it keep respawning or is it a one time use? cause kinda don't want to spend my money otherwise. Seems quite hard to make money in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad