OT: Video Game Thread: Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I know you and I briefly discussed Half Life in the past.

I kinda feel like I missed out on it, even though I could obviously play it right now if I wanted to. It’s such an iconic series but I think would’ve had to play it a long time ago to get the real experience and impact from it. I assume I’ll get neither the initial sense of awe nor the feeling of nostalgia from playing it.

I believe you when you say it holds up, but I just think it’ll be a lesser experience for someone new even in spite of that. It’s a shame.

What you can still get from it is high blood pressure, from swinging a crowbar at flying alien crabs or trying to get on and then climb down a ladder. I still haven't finished more than half of the first one, but despite that, I love it. And passionately hate it.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Anyone else looking forward to trying Valorant?

CS:GO is basically the only game I play these days, so a similar-ish game is definitely interesting to me. I mean, it’s going to be free-to-play so no harm in giving it a shot and the beta starts on the 7th, so hopefully I can snag a key somehow.

For anyone who doesn’t know, it’s made by Riot Games and is basically CS but with Overwatch-like character classes/abilities. Obviously streamers/pros who were invited to play it early are going to hype it up, but it seems like many are genuinely excited.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
1 f***ing week until FF7 Remake release date and I get an e-mail from Amazon saying my arrival date has been pushed back to 4/14.

If it does not arrive by 4 PM on 4/10, I am cancelling my Amazon order and going to pick it up curb side at Best Buy.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Anyone else looking forward to trying Valorant?

CS:GO is basically the only game I play these days, so a similar-ish game is definitely interesting to me. I mean, it’s going to be free-to-play so no harm in giving it a shot and the beta starts on the 7th, so hopefully I can snag a key somehow.

For anyone who doesn’t know, it’s made by Riot Games and is basically CS but with Overwatch-like character classes/abilities. Obviously streamers/pros who were invited to play it early are going to hype it up, but it seems like many are genuinely excited.

If CS is your shooter of choice, I would be stunned to hear Riot made a game for you. Their cash cow is a simplified, rigid approach to the genre designed for mass appeal.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
1 f***ing week until FF7 Remake release date and I get an e-mail from Amazon saying my arrival date has been pushed back to 4/14.

If it does not arrive by 4 PM on 4/10, I am cancelling my Amazon order and going to pick it up curb side at Best Buy.

I understand that this is annoying, but this is the territory that comes with a reliance on a place like amazon. They're supply chain is majorly focused on essential supplies and prioritizing inbound shipments accordingly. Amazon is a wonderful luxury that I think weve all kind of taken for granted because of their flexibility, but the downside to relying one on place to be your one stop shop is that when shit hits the fan, your one stop shop has to focus on the things that matter. Kudos to them for doing the right thing here by trying to help the most important need, and not necessarily the most profitable.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I understand that this is annoying, but this is the territory that comes with a reliance on a place like amazon. They're supply chain is majorly focused on essential supplies and prioritizing inbound shipments accordingly. Amazon is a wonderful luxury that I think weve all kind of taken for granted because of their flexibility, but the downside to relying one on place to be your one stop shop is that when shit hits the fan, your one stop shop has to focus on the things that matter. Kudos to them for doing the right thing here by trying to help the most important need, and not necessarily the most profitable.

Yeah I get it..but im still annoyed lol

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yeah I get it..but im still annoyed lol

Lol. definitely understandable. I wouldnt blame you for cancelling, either. Especially given how stir crazy we're probably all going. Just shedding some light on the situation as i'm working through similar logistical nightmares, albeit for a different company. The transportation industry is a mess right now.

Reactions: Rebels57

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Got a Valorant closed beta key drop from a twitch stream so I guess we'll see how it goes.

Duv4BzeWwAANpwt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad