OT: Video Game Thread: Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
This next month+ is going to so f***ing crazy for me.

March 10th: Langrisser 1 and 2 (Switch)
March 13th: Borderlands 3 Steam release (PC)
March 20th: Doom Eternal (PC)
March 23rd: Half-Life: Alyx (PC)
March 31st: Persona 5 Royal (PS4)
April 3rd: Resident Evil 3 Remake (PC)
April 10th: FF7 Remake (PS4)

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
giphy.gif

PhlthyRich

Mar 26, 2019
Philadelphia
This next month+ is going to so f***ing crazy for me.

March 10th: Langrisser 1 and 2 (Switch)
March 13th: Borderlands 3 Steam release (PC)
March 20th: Doom Eternal (PC)
March 23rd: Half-Life: Alyx (PC)
March 31st: Persona 5 Royal (PS4)
April 3rd: Resident Evil 3 Remake (PC)
April 10th: FF7 Remake (PS4)

I can't wait for Doom. It looks unreal.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
At least HBO will let it stay as visceral as it is.
HBO has to be butthurt over passing on the walking dead.
I have no hopes for this to be good, as most game adaptations turn out about as good as Ewe Boll can attempt, which is not saying much. If it’s good I’ll be throughly happy.

cheesesteak

Jul 3, 2011
HBO has to be butthurt over passing on the walking dead.
I have no hopes for this to be good, as most game adaptations turn out about as good as Ewe Boll can attempt, which is not saying much. If it’s good I’ll be throughly happy.

I think this has the potential to be better than the Walking Dead. Walking Dead was great for the first season but became mediocre after that, and eventually was unwatchable for me.

HBO makes quality shows. A lot of the greatest shows of all time are from their network. Oz, Sopranos, The Wire, GOT, etc. When they make a show you usually get a certain movie quality that most networks don’t reach. Beyond Better Call Saul/Breaking Bad, AMC doesn’t reach HBO’s overall quality.

The Last of Us could be a hit for them and they’re still looking to offset the loss of GOT. Westworld is good but not enough. They need more quality shows. The storyline is way better and more believable than Walking Dead. If they throw money at it then I expect a hit.

Most game adaptions suck because they aren’t given the budget of big movies, and networks like HBO usually don’t pick them up. Resident Evil for example had everything you need to make a great movie but didn’t have the right people making it. The Witcher shows what you can do if you have the right producers and budget. Naughty Dog does nothing but quality, and I don’t think they’d let someone take this on unless they think it will be done with that same quality.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Oh it could absolutely be much better than the walking dead. I only pointed it out because I thought it was a little funny that they turned down a zombie show, what 9 years ago now, and are kind of doing a “zombie” show now.
The walking dead has been hot garbage for a few years now but it’s still a money making powerhouse.
I think this has the potential to be better than the Walking Dead. Walking Dead was great for the first season but became mediocre after that, and eventually was unwatchable for me.

HBO makes quality shows. A lot of the greatest shows of all time are from their network. Oz, Sopranos, The Wire, GOT, etc. When they make a show you usually get a certain movie quality that most networks don’t reach. Beyond Better Call Saul/Breaking Bad, AMC doesn’t reach HBO’s overall quality.

The Last of Us could be a hit for them and they’re still looking to offset the loss of GOT. Westworld is good but not enough. They need more quality shows. The storyline is way better and more believable than Walking Dead. If they throw money at it then I expect a hit.

Most game adaptions suck because they aren’t given the budget of big movies, and networks like HBO usually don’t pick them up. Resident Evil for example had everything you need to make a great movie but didn’t have the right people making it. The Witcher shows what you can do if you have the right producers and budget. Naughty Dog does nothing but quality, and I don’t think they’d let someone take this on unless they think it will be done with that same quality.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I need time off from work.

There are a bunch of metroidvania games to play that look great that are still sitting in the queue. Dead Cells. Hollow Knight. Celeste. Shovel Knight. etc.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

There are a bunch of metroidvania games to play that look great that are still sitting in the queue. Dead Cells. Hollow Knight. Celeste. Shovel Knight. etc.

I hope you do find time. The bolded especially were absolutely tremendous. Both would easily make my top 10 of the decade, Shovel Knight maybe breaking the top 3. It's so damn difficult, but not in overly obscured ways. It's a fine line to make a game challenging but not feel unfair and they knocked that aspect out of the park in a game with unlimited lives.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I hope you do find time. The bolded especially were absolutely tremendous. Both would easily make my top 10 of the decade, Shovel Knight maybe breaking the top 3. It's so damn difficult, but not in overly obscured ways. It's a fine line to make a game challenging but not feel unfair and they knocked that aspect out of the park in a game with unlimited lives.

Is there a game you havent played? I'm in awe (and jealousy) of your gaming collection

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Is there a game you havent played?

Almost everything on a console in the last 20 years and every shooter since Goldeneye. :laugh:

I really don't play that many different games. I'm just super interested in things or not at all, so when one comes up that does get me, I try to learn it inside and out. I like difficult and deep, even if the complexity is beneath the surface like Binding of Isaac. It's mostly various styles of RPGs and roguelikes or weird ones like Return of the Obra Dinn.

Reactions: Starat327

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY

I loved Iconoclasts on PS4 and I see that Xbox just released the Ori sequel which I can't wait to play. Yoku's island Expres was a cool Metroidvania/pinball hybrid.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I have been playing the 80s’ game “NFL Challenge” on an online emulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->