Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
DualSense feature list:
Haptic feedback (no more physical motors, thank god)
Adaptive triggers
Rechargeable battery
New Create button replaces Share button
Built-in mic
Lightbar now next to the touchpad

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Black > white

Just asking for gross smudgy handprints.

Although maybe it’s a 200 IQ move so people will buy new controllers more often? When they look gross instead of when they break? Although the people who are dirty enough to have smudgy hands probably wouldn’t care, so who knows...

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I like it. Besides the personal preference of tweaking the amounts or design of the two tones, I don’t understand why people are so afraid of a little color. Do we want everything to be as boring as factory automotive paint?

I’m sure this will be a high quality plastic of limited porousness. It won’t yellow unless they’ve massively dropped the ball. Now dirt it will show. But clean it, ffs.

Magua

Clutchest Genes to Ever Gene
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I have never had an issue with a white controller looking dirty. I can’t imagine why anyone would. If you do have a problem with a white controller, I question your lifestyle choices to lead to that problem. :laugh:

My f***ing Xbox One controller joystick breaks on me constantly to the point I have the protection plan at Best Buy. If there’s a color that helps with that, let me know. I still have a 360 controller and those babies were built solidly. They switched out copper pieces for dinky plastic ones inside. I don’t care how fancy the design of the Series X controller is if it’s engineered by the guy who made the nearby Tacoma Narrows Bridge.

Reactions: DancingPanther

trigzter

Feb 3, 2011
PA
Ive been through at least 6 xbox one controllers the joysticks are downright awful quality and I dont think it is a conspiracy to say they're made that way intentionally

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I have never had an issue with a white controller looking dirty. I can’t imagine why anyone would. If you do have a problem with a white controller, I question your lifestyle choices to lead to that problem. :laugh:

My f***ing Xbox One controller joystick breaks on me constantly to the point I have the protection plan at Best Buy. If there’s a color that helps with that, let me know. I still have a 360 controller and those babies were built solidly. They switched out copper pieces for dinky plastic ones inside. I don’t care how fancy the design of the Series X controller is if it’s engineered by the guy who made the nearby Tacoma Narrows Bridge.

Dirty people have that problem. I've never had an issue because I'm not a filthy animal but if I had a penny for each time I've seen a nasty looking controller online or at someone else's house...

Maybe I just notice it as a casual-germophobe?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Oh no. It has a microphone. Ugh.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Amorgus and Defect

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
This is going to make every single game with public chat infinitely worse. To be useful I imagine it would need to pick up quite a range of sound.
I played destiny with a buddy of mine from work. He didn’t have a mic so he used his Kinect instead of buying one. He lived in a three story house with three generations of his large family. I had to block him from seeing when I was online.

Reactions: Amorgus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I played destiny with a buddy of mine from work. He didn’t have a mic so he used his Kinect instead of buying one. He lived in a three story house with three generations of his large family. I had to block him from seeing when I was online.

So that, but it will be the norm. Including the household of 15 people.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Who doesn't create their own party, even if they're playing solo, just so you don't have to hear randoms?

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Who doesn't create their own party, even if they're playing solo, just so you don't have to hear randoms?
Xbox 360 I didn’t even bother with that. I had a broken headset that I ripped the headphone jack off and would just plug that in.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
But no official, hardwired controller.

Newer model PS4 controllers do communicate via USB if you change the appropriate setting, so I assume the PS5 will work the same way.

On all tests I saw, latency was quite close, with wireless actually coming out ahead in some cases. But that doesn't account for issues like wireless interference of course.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Newer model PS4 controllers do communicate via USB if you change the appropriate setting, so I assume the PS5 will work the same way.

On all tests I saw, latency was quite close, with wireless actually coming out ahead in some cases. But that doesn't account for issues like wireless interference of course.
Hardwired with a 10’ cord. I’ve gone through too many knock off chargers without knowing if the controller is charging properly when the system is in sleep mode.
I’d say 90% of the time my controller wasn’t charging because it was off by a mm or it was so long ago that I last played that the charge had left my controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->