OT: Video Game Thread: Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
What's your team name in that? I'm PS4, but just curious.

Also, the NHL series NEEDS f***ing cross platform so f***ing badly for the sake of finding more consistent EASHL games.

It was Dateline Predators but now I just jumped on my brother's team that he made and I honestly don't even know the name.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
This seems like a good time to finally play Witcher III since I never did previously. On weekends, anyway.
Wish I could play during the work week but am still at it full time...commercial construction has not slowed in the PNW despite circumstances.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
This seems like a good time to finally play Witcher III since I never did previously. On weekends, anyway.
Wish I could play during the work week but am still at it full time...commercial construction has not slowed in the PNW despite circumstances.
Me too! But on the switch.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Oh right that shit. We're the Mayors of Flavortown :laugh:.

Do you only play 6v6 or do you play 6s with 4ish people? I'm like 80% sure I've played you before :laugh:

My brother, two cousins and I have been the Swaggy Snipers going on for maybe 4 or 5 years now. It was a dumb name my brother and younger cousin came up with when they were in middle school and we continued to use it when my older cousin and I jumped back into EASHL.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Do you only play 6v6 or do you play 6s with 4ish people? I'm like 80% sure I've played you before :laugh:

My brother, two cousins and I have been the Swaggy Snipers going on for maybe 4 or 5 years now. It was a dumb name my brother and younger cousin came up with when they were in middle school and we continued to use it when my older cousin and I jumped back into EASHL.

4s and 5s usually. I don't think I remember you guys and I'm sorry if I don't remember correctly haha. We usually change up team names every year.

Reactions: Flyersfan1493

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Another classic team name is the Little Lebowski Urban Achievers

Z6RrsaE.jpg

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I have The Orange Box on Xbox 360, but I feel like I should play the Half Life games on PC to get the real experience.

I’m gonna wait for a sale though... I’m not paying $30+ for a couple of ancient games.
They don’t come free when you install steam?

Reactions: Striiker

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Half-Life 2 and Episodes 1 and 2 are in my gaming pantheon. Front and center. I feel like I've had this discussion before, but those games were so revolutionary and trend setting and brilliantly efficient in narrative/setting/character that a decade and a half later they still have a freshness to them. Good lord play them. Half-Life 1 is no less an achievement in gaming history, though at 22 years old, it will feel more dated. Obviously.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Half-Life 2 and Episodes 1 and 2 are in my gaming pantheon. Front and center. I feel like I've had this discussion before, but those games were so revolutionary and trend setting and brilliantly efficient in narrative/setting/character that a decade and a half later they still have a freshness to them. Good lord play them. Half-Life 1 is no less an achievement in gaming history, though at 22 years old, it will feel more dated. Obviously.
I know you and I briefly discussed Half Life in the past.

I kinda feel like I missed out on it, even though I could obviously play it right now if I wanted to. It’s such an iconic series but I think I would’ve had to play it a long time ago to get the real experience and impact from it. I assume I’ll get neither the initial sense of awe nor the feeling of nostalgia from playing it.

I believe you when you say it holds up, but I just think it’ll be a lesser experience for someone new even in spite of that. It’s a shame.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad