OT: Video Game Thread: Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Sorry for the big image, I'm going to put it in a spoiler. Both Ellie Editions came. Big and heavy CEs too. I put it in spoilers so it's not going to make everyone scroll so much.
IMG_20200618_122443.jpg

Reactions: Defect

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
So apparently people are hating TLOU2?

Never played the first one, so I know very little other than the two main characters names and the most basic premise of the game, but I know it’s massively popular and people are unhappy.

There’s a huuuuuge gap between reviewer ratings and user ratings too.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Never played the first one, so I know very little other than the two main characters names and the most basic premise of the game, but I know it’s massively popular and people are unhappy.

Probably a little too early to make that claim. There's usually a lot of noise from vocal minorities on release day.

I probably won't start it until next weekend. I need some time off after just wrapping up 130 hours of Final Fantasy 7 Remake.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

There are so many different shitty, angry nerds pissed off for different shitty reasons that it's hard to keep them all straight. Some of them are pissed because a character might be trans, some think a female character is unattractive to them, some of them are pissed off because a character's sexual orientation might somehow be harmful to LGBTQ+ causes, some are determined to be pissed because a dev said games should be "engaging" more than "fun," and some people read a storyline leak and are now utterly convinced it's terrible without playing it.

Just avoid reading about it at all costs. I don't know why we've lost the ability to not enjoy stupid things like video games without turning it into months-long crusades of babyrage because it wasn't exactly what you wanted.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Probably a little too early to make that claim. There's usually a lot of noise from vocal minorities on release day.

I probably won't start it until next weekend. I need some time off after just wrapping up 130 hours of Final Fantasy 7 Remake.

There are so many different shitty, angry nerds pissed off for different shitty reasons that it's hard to keep them all straight. Some of them are pissed because a character might be trans, some think a female character is unattractive to them, some of them are pissed off because a character's sexual orientation might somehow be harmful LGBTQ+ causes, some are determined to be pissed because a dev said games should be "engaging" more than "fun," and some people read a storyline leak and are now utterly convinced it's terrible without playing it.

Just avoid reading about it at all costs. I don't know why we've lost the ability to not enjoy stupid things like video games without turning it into months-long crusades of babyrage because it wasn't exactly what you wanted.

Believe me, you guys don't need to tell me about how stupid the average person is. :laugh: Especially vocal people on the internet.

WITHOUT GOING INTO SPOILERS: What I heard was about a specific part towards the end of the story that people are disliking, not about the character.

Like I said, I've never played these games and I'm not going to, so I couldn't care less about what happened or the outrage. It was just interesting to read about.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Believe me, you guys don't need to tell me about how stupid the average person is. :laugh: Especially vocal people on the internet.

WITHOUT GOING INTO SPOILERS: What I heard was about a specific part towards the end of the story that people are disliking, not about the character.

Like I said, I've never played these games and I'm not going to, so I couldn't care less about what happened or the outrage. It was just interesting to read about.

Was it the situation that you apparently have no choice to avoid
with the dog?

That would make me put it down and never pick it up again, but the last thing I would do is run to the internet and yell about how I paid my $60 and should be able to do this my way like a doofus.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
with the dog?

That would make me put it down and never pick it up again, but the last thing I would do is run to the internet and yell about how I paid my $60 and should be able to do this my way like a doofus.

OMG THERES A 3 HEADED DRAGON?!?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
with the dog?

That was one of them. Then there’s one more I heard about too.

But yeah, the reactions are always crazy. I’ve disliked plenty of games but I’ve never made a fuss because I don’t see a point. I just don’t get the mentality people have. Discussing it on a video game forum would be one thing, but freaking out on social media is quite another.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I loved the first one but have no interest in the second after seeing the leaks.
This didn’t not sway my opinion but a reviewer gave a terrible review of it, said it was not fun at all, and then gave it 10/10.

The devs even said the point of the game may not to be to have fun playing it.
Watching a 2 hour movie that’s draining is perfectly fine. Playing a 60 hour game that’s draining is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad