OT: Video Game Thread: Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
All that matters is if games are good or not. Sequel or original is completely irrelevant.

Halo alone is enough to make getting an Xbox worth it.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Halo alone is enough to make getting an Xbox worth it.

I haven’t had a PlayStation since PS2. I’m an Xbox ride or die guy. But Halo hasn’t made Xbox worth it since Xbox 360 with Halo 3. Reach was underrated. But Halo 4 and 5 were disasters that torched Bungie’s legacy.

Even on Xbox One, the launch of the Master Chief Collection was an embarrassing unplayable bungle, and anyone I know that plays Halo simply plays that for Halo 2 and 3 nostalgia.

Sony shreds Microsoft apart in exclusive games in laughable fashion. I regret not being able to play many of them, but that’s a matter of money and time.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I haven’t had a PlayStation since PS2. I’m an Xbox ride or die guy. But Halo hasn’t made Xbox worth it since Xbox 360 with Halo 3. Reach was underrated. But Halo 4 and 5 were disasters that torched Bungie’s legacy.

Even on Xbox One, the launch of the Master Chief Collection was an embarrassing unplayable bungle, and anyone I know that plays Halo simply plays that for Halo 2 and 3 nostalgia.

Sony shreds Microsoft apart in exclusive games in laughable fashion. I regret not being able to play many of them, but that’s a matter of money and time.

I disagree completely. 99% of the games I play are non-exclusive and it's important to me that I get to continue playing the Halo campaigns. I enjoy them all, including 4 and 5, so I'm extremely excited for Infinite and that alone is enough for me to get an Xbox instead of a PS5.

It's not the only reason, I also just prefer Xbox's consoles/controllers and the backwards comparability of my game collection is massively important to me, but I'm just saying that if it were down to just games, for me, Halo would tip the scales. If I eventually care enough about their exclusives then I'd buy a PS5 in addition to an XSX, but I'd never only buy a Playstation console again, even though I started off with a PS1, PS2, and PS3 before I ever owned an Xbox.

*obviously I'm just speaking for myself in this post and the previous one. I'm not saying what anyone else should do. Play whatever you like... f*** if i care.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018

another feature for xbox is the ability to load into a game roughly 4 seconds faster than me every time

Reactions: Magua

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
This Halo loyalty is worst than your Ghost loyalty. :sarcasm:

I love Halo 2 and 3. Everything after has been a straight up disappointment. The franchise is on fumes.
Reach wasn't a disappointment. Everything else is booty though.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
This Halo loyalty is worst than your Ghost loyalty. :sarcasm:

I love Halo 2 and 3. Everything after has been a straight up disappointment. The franchise is on fumes.
:laugh: I like what I like, what can I say.

Also, to be clear, I'm strictly talking about the campaigns... I rarely play the multiplayer. It could also be that I came to Halo pretty late. The first time I went through all the original three Halo campaigns was when The Master Chief Collection came out because, like I said, I started off on Playstation when I was a kid and when I switched to Xbox my friends and I were hardcore into CoD4 and then all CoD games following that.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Console can’t hold this talent.

They can't hold a decent amount of frames either. I'm glad console people are finally getting some decent hardware this time around. There's no excuse for it to be as far behind as it has been for multiple generations now.

They screwed you guys royally and charged a massive markup for the privilege. You can't mock it because it's not like you had options either. I save that for the people that buy Beats.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
They can't hold a decent amount of frames either. I'm glad console people are finally getting some decent hardware this time around. There's no excuse for it to be as far behind as it has been for multiple generations now.

They screwed you guys royally and charged a massive markup for the privilege. You can't mock it because it's not like you had options either. I save that for the people that buy Beats.
Bose guy?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I tried to tell my friend that but he likes his fancy Bose headphones and his Mont Blanc pens. I have to humor him.

If you're going to drop that kind of money, at least get something that sounds great. That's just buying marketing.

At home, I had been using a pair of Sennheiser HD650s that are easily a decade old. I also recently picked up a pair of Focal Elegias on a ridiculous sale, but I haven't gotten to use them yet.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If you're going to drop that kind of money, at least get something that sounds great. That's just buying marketing.

At home, I had been using a pair of Sennheiser HD650s that are easily a decade old. I also recently picked up a pair of Focal Elegias on a ridiculous sale, but I haven't gotten to use them yet.
I don't know much about audio quality but I bought a pair of these a few years back and I like them.

Audio Technica ATH-M50x
34-R04-Audio-Technica-ATH-M50xDG.png

Did I did well or poorly?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I don't know much about audio quality but I bought a pair of these a few years back and I like them.

Audio Technica ATH-M50x
34-R04-Audio-Technica-ATH-M50xDG.png

Did I did well or poorly?

I'm pretty sure I've seen decent reviews for those, but if you like the sound, you did well. Everyone has different uses and prioritizes different frequencies or features. It's personal preference.

It's just that people will spend 2, 3, or more times as much as you did and not get significantly better sound. It's the same issue as the Kanye discussion.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm pretty sure I've seen decent reviews for those, but if you like the sound, you did well. Everyone has different uses and prioritizes different frequencies or features. It's personal preference.

It's just that people will spend 2, 3, or more times as much as you did and not get significantly better sound. It's the same issue as the Kanye discussion.
Yeah, I remember the reviews being pretty good, but I always take those with a grain of salt because I've loved products with bad reviews and hated products with good reviews. I even got these on sale, which is what convinced me to go with them.

And yeah, sounds good to me... although I guess I don't really have a frame of reference since they're the only good pair I've ever bought. :laugh:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
it’s the most intense thing I’ve ever done. Even when your sidekick it sets the flutter going.

While im playing it I ask myself, "Self, why are you putting yourself through this?"

Yet I cant wait to play again in about an hour lol

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

What you have to remember - and I can't stress this enough - you are the only one privy to this information on what we should buy in most cases with any of this gear, so if you care about us at all, you need to tell us what is good and what is crap - like I did in my life's work, "The Great Big Enormous Omnibus of Those Things Which Do and Do Not Suck" - before we make foolish purchases, or any purchases at all. You are probably thinking to yourself "How does this dipshit think I am supposed to know when people are making purchases?" but what this dipshit is saying is that you should post more or less constantly - when there isn't an international crisis for you to tackle, obviously - about gear that does and does not suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->