OT: Video Game Thread: Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I got pretty drunk and played war zone last night. It was actually fun.
It's a blast if you're playing with buddies. The fact that you can play cross-platform is great too. I can play with friends that I've never been able to play other games with before. Plus the game is free. I think they did a pretty damn good job with it.

Reactions: Defect

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
It's a blast if you're playing with buddies. The fact that you can play cross-platform is great too. I can play with friends that I've never been able to play other games with before. Plus the game is free. I think they did a pretty damn good job with it.
Yeah, I hopped in with a friend on ps4(both of us) and his other friend was pc and his uncle Xbox. Friggin crazy.
I played Sunday with a bunch of randoms, with no mics, and no general organization, and it suuuucked.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Yeah, I hopped in with a friend on ps4(both of us) and his other friend was pc and his uncle Xbox. Friggin crazy.
I played Sunday with a bunch of randoms, with no mics, and no general organization, and it suuuucked.
I literally won't play unless I have buddies with me. 9 times out of 10 when you play with randoms it's a complete shit show. Not even worth it.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
How is that outer whatever game that came out not too long ago. It just came out on switch.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
How is that outer whatever game that came out not too long ago. It just came out on switch.
Outer Worlds. I’ll answer with a screenshot I took while playing.

AB4934E8-31A7-49B1-9127-89DFACE72615.jpeg

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Little Big Planet, Spiderman, and....most importantly.....a NEW HORIZON GAME!!!

The PS5 looks gorgeous. I'm hype

Plus....wireless charging ports for the controllers. Finally!

Reactions: Cody Webster

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Interesting that they're going to have a "digital only" console. Sort of makes me think the price tag on this one is going to be on the high side.

Also hope that I don't have to keep the console standing up...always preferred keeping it flat.

Reactions: Defect

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Spider-Man was one of my favorite games in the past I don’t know how many years. I’m not familiar with miles morales outside of into the spider verse, but I am very excited for this.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I was getting an Xbox anyways, but digital only is a hard pass.

Digital only where? You mean the one version of the PS5?

I believe Lockhart is coming out that is going to either be something similar or take it one step further and be like a Stadia, where it uses your network and cloud computing to run your games.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Digital only where? You mean the one version of the PS5?

I believe Lockhart is coming out that is going to either be something similar or take it one step further and be like a Stadia, where it uses your network and cloud computing to run your games.
Oh, I thought I saw that digital only was the only option.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Enjoy uh....Halo?
I certainly will. It’s more appealing to me than any PS exclusive, without a doubt.

Outside of that, 99% of the games I'm interested in are non-exclusive, so I have little issue with missing out on the Playstation exclusives.

Plus, the Xbox's backwards compatibility is huge to me. I still have every game I've ever bought, so I like to have the option of going back and playing them.

Last edited:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Oh god no.

Disk/digital version and digital only version.

Also, to think that it's going to be $800 is f***ing delusional. It would be company suicide.
I'm expecting $400-500.

$800 would keep lots of people away. Especially kids asking their parents for a console. At this point Sony and Microsoft are probably making most of their money off of online fees anyways, so priority is getting people on their consoles, not doing things to keep them away.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I certainly will. It’s more appealing to me than any PS exclusive, without a doubt.

Outside of that, 99% of the games I'm interested in are non-exclusive, so I have little issue with missing out on the Playstation exclusives.

Plus, the Xbox's backwards compatibility is huge to me. I still have every game my parents have bought me, so I like to have the option of going back and playing them.

Reactions: Striiker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->