OT: Video Game Thread: Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Not at all a bad thing, but does the new AC remind anyone of God of War? I bailed on the AC franchise after Black Flag (which I loved) and returned for Origins which I just couldn't get into. I am psyched for this one.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Not at all a bad thing, but does the new AC remind anyone of God of War? I bailed on the AC franchise after Black Flag (which I loved) and returned for Origins which I just couldn't get into. I am psyched for this one.

I bailed on it after 4, but came back for Odyssey and my god it's so good.

Reactions: Starat327

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
So apparently they may be ditching the assassin aspect thing time around and let you be a ravager. Consider me intrigued.

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I bailed on Assassin's Creed after the Revolutionary War one. I played through it and never felt the urge to touch the series again.

Revolutionary war was the worst one to me - too many distractions. The newer ones have a good smooth storyline where the side-quest type stuff are fairly well integrated into the story. You also dont have to spend hours on end hunting bears to upgrade equipment anymore.

Reactions: trostol

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I bailed on Assassin's Creed after the Revolutionary War one. I played through it and never felt the urge to touch the series again.

I also bailed after III, and I beat every one before it as well. I throughly enjoyed the historical elements and the settings and the sci-fi and all that jazz, even if the games got repetitive, but the ending to that game was a cop-out extraordinaire after being billed as the final story in a 5 game saga. I realized I just didn’t care enough to sink 50 hours into further games for such little payoff and with no end in sight. I know the last couple have purportedly been good......but with all the amazing epic length games out there, I haven’t once regretted it.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I downloaded the demo to Blasphemous a while ago and never touched it. While waiting for streets of rage to download I fired that up.
That’s a really good game. Reminds me of castlevania symphony of the night.

I can’t be the only one tired of the retro graphics trend though am I?

Reactions: Striiker

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Ordered a Switch during the last week of April and it was supposed to arrive the week of May 11.

Arrived last Thursday instead, so I have been playing Breath of the Wild... unbelievable scope to this game.

Waiting on a second controller so the wife and I can go head to head in Mario Kart.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Ordered a Switch during the last week of April and it was supposed to arrive the week of May 11.

Arrived last Thursday instead, so I have been playing Breath of the Wild... unbelievable scope to this game.

Waiting on a second controller so the wife and I can go head to head in Mario Kart.
Hey, you can put the switch in the dock, play on the tv, and each use one of the two joycon that came with the system.

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Finally finished FF7 Remake after nearly a month!

Just a spectacular piece of entertainment. Cant even believe what they pulled off.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
people keep posting pics of Animal Crossing. Its gonna make me buy a switch
I really don’t get the premise of it. Become a gopher for a ton of animals. Get in debt to the animals and become a gopher again to get out of debt so you can gopher for the animals on your own terms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad