Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
here are the new things i want..all remasters

Remaster of GTA:SA and maybe Vice City
Remaster of Bully
Remaster of RDR
Remaster of SR2
Remaster Mass Effect Trilogy

Remasters rarely work as you'd expect. It's like watching a TV show you loved as a kid, your tastes and the quality of new products has exceeded it. SA for example would be a chore to play now, hell even 4 is. I remember being hyped by the Uncharted trilogy but the first one is difficult and shanky as hell.

Mass Effect however, i'd be down with that.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Remasters rarely work as you'd expect. It's like watching a TV show you loved as a kid, your tastes and the quality of new products has exceeded it. SA for example would be a chore to play now, hell even 4 is. I remember being hyped by the Uncharted trilogy but the first one is difficult and shanky as hell.

Mass Effect however, i'd be down with that.
The mass effect trilogy is such a recent series of games though, you really want remasters for that? Why not just a new mass effect trilogy. For as much as Andromeda was panned, which was mostly for janky game mechanics that didn't work at launch but we're fixed in post, it was a good game and had a good story that needs follow up. I am not a fan of our current video game landscape atm. Everything is remasters and unneeded sequels it feels like. How bout brand new ips that don't have issues at launch and have great writing.

Reactions: Flyotes

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The mass effect trilogy is such a recent series of games though, you really want remasters for that? Why not just a new mass effect trilogy. For as much as Andromeda was panned, which was mostly for janky game mechanics that didn't work at launch but we're fixed in post, it was a good game and had a good story that needs follow up. I am not a fan of our current video game landscape atm. Everything is remasters and unneeded sequels it feels like. How bout brand new ips that don't have issues at launch and have great writing.
I NEED a new Mass Effect. Possibly my favorite series of games.

Andromeda was... less than ideal... but that's because of "a director change, multiple major re-scopes, an understaffed animation team, technological challenges, communication issues, office politics, a compressed timeline, and brutal crunch". I want to see what they can do for the new consoles, without some of those development issues.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
The mass effect trilogy is such a recent series of games though, you really want remasters for that? Why not just a new mass effect trilogy.

Why not both? It's not like Bioware would be involved in the remaster. They'd get a studio like Bluepoint to do it.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I feel like it should be mandatory for each major studio to release one AAA game for each console at its end of life, when developers found ways to get the most out of the system. Dedicated to that system and not developed for that system AND the next one.
For the life of me I’m drawing a blank on examples, but I feel like that’s when we get the best games.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Useless info for today: my nephew played against Bronny last night in NBA2k neighborhood mode and beat him. He was pretty pumped haha

Reactions: Striiker

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I'm playing the newer Wolfenstein series right now and really digging the story and worldbuilding they've done. The second one seems to be more difficult to me so far despite having a goddamned power suit!

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Thank f***ing god. And for the love of shit, avoid ALL twitter comments for this sort of shit because you know f***wads would love to spoil the game for you (massive spoilers got leaked last week).
I’ve read it but I won’t spoil anything. I’ll be passing on the game for a while though.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
I NEED a new Mass Effect. Possibly my favorite series of games.

Andromeda was... less than ideal... but that's because of "a director change, multiple major re-scopes, an understaffed animation team, technological challenges, communication issues, office politics, a compressed timeline, and brutal crunch". I want to see what they can do for the new consoles, without some of those development issues.
I dont expect bioware to put out a truly great game ever again.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Standing Stone Games announce all content in Dungeons and Dragons Online is open until 5/31. If you ever wanted to take a look this might be the time to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad