OT: Video Game Thread: Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I just got done the part in FF7 remake where your dealing with helicopters.
I wish they flipped the script And let you take Biggs wedge or Jessie on as permanent party members rather than ditching them like in the original. Even if it cost Barrett, it would be a cool feature. All 4 use guns exclusively so it could have worked in a way.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace

Speaking of... there's a new game called Skater XL coming to PS4 in July. I'm way more excited for that than the THPS remaster. Ever since the Skate franchise folded, skateboarding games have been a garbage heap. Skater XL might just be able to fill that void.

THPS is basically nostalgia for me at this point. It was obviously phenomenal back in the day, but Skate made it totally obsolete. The music will always be unmatched though.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Speaking of... there's a new game called Skater XL coming to PS4 in July. I'm way more excited for that than the THPS remaster. Ever since the Skate franchise folded, skateboarding games have been a garbage heap. Skater XL might just be able to fill that void.

THPS is basically nostalgia for me at this point. It was obviously phenomenal back in the day, but Skate made it totally obsolete. The music will always be unmatched though.
while I am glad the soundtrack is there still...it is iconic...I do hope there are other songs

Reactions: Young Sandwich

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

Nostalgic isn't the word. I can still remember having the special moves written on a piece of notebook paper trying to pull off the 900 in the Warehouse.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

For those of you not familiar with the technical aspects, I can't tell you how big of a jump this is. They're saying 25 BILLION triangles on one scene with 8K textures and realtime global illumination running on a console. It's a massive, massive jump forward both in quality and development time.

The downside is that games are going to get absolutely gigantic. Think about storage expansions when buying PCs and consoles. You're going to need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad