Player Discussion Victor Mete: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
HIcANo0.jpg

Has this guy just won at life or what? Look at that smile.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I dont know what people saw that was so different in his game. He looks the same as he did in his first game to me. Great skater, can move the puck well, but no real impressive vision, average shot at best...plays a good position game in his own end.
This was from his first games here....127 games later, same report.

evem his first NHL goal is the same way he always scored in the AHL and OHL. Kid pretty much matured his game early.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think 5 goals, 25 points is a real possibility this year. He's looked good

I think so too. He has been a bit unlucky with the goals. And I also think his role increases as he gains confidence. 25 pts is not a far reach for him. If he gains momentum with his confidence, he could hit 30+. Only 7 games but he is on pace for 23.

Contract year too.

Reactions: DangerDave

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I know Suzuki deserves some credit also, but I’ll post it here since I don’t think Mete will have nearly as many goals in future...

But for fun, let’s just remind these two that this dude scored twice more than they did combined in one night :sarcasm:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
That would be pretty darn good.

He's only 1 year and 4 months older than Quinn Hughes.

I hope we're patient with Mete. He's not as comfortable offensively now as I think he has the potential to be. He's always said in interviews, and his mother was on tsn690 yesterday and also said, that he's concentrating on the defensive side of the game.

I think once he gets that diwn, he'll start to think more about how to improve offensively. I often see him get into a good position in the ozone, but he ends up looking like a stay at home dman that who gets into that positon once in a blue moon. I think this is because of lack of reps practicing those situations, not because of a lack of talent.

We'll see. But I hope we don't trade him for a veteran LD. We should focus on trying to contend on the future.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think 5 goals, 25 points is a real possibility this year. He's looked good

From all his interviews, it just doesn't sound like he's focused on his offensive game. He's like 95% focused on the defensive side. Perhaps when he feels the d side is 2nd nature, he'll put the work and thought into his offensive game to make it better.

When he gets into an offensive situation it often looks like he hasn't thought in advance of what moves and fakes he'll do in different situation. he looks like he's there for the first time, rushes a shot or pass so he can then rush back to his post on d.

I'm not expecting numbers offensively this year. Though I think the potential ability might be there.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
yeah but he's only 1.5 years older you know...

Good point, we do need to let him develop. It may not be his first year in the league like Hughes. But he's young and developing. Let's not rush to judgement until he's had proper development time. Excellent point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad