Player Discussion: Victor Hedman

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyTheChiefTaylor

Nov 26, 2014
Boy I'll tell ya what, with Vigtur Hedman back this is one scary team. I mean, look at Hedman and Stagman they were, what, a combined +5 or +6? Oh boy, are you kidding me? That's just solid d there, I tell ya and with Ben Bitship in net they're not making it easy for the other guys to score.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
That guy in the Hedmonster V Duchene thread said Subban is "clearly" better than Hedmonster. What a joke. I posted stats and no one has said **** since.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
That guy in the Hedmonster V Duchene thread said Subban is "clearly" better than Hedmonster. What a joke. I posted stats and no one has said **** since.

The only people that still think anyone other than Weber/Suter/Doughty are clearly better than Hedman right now are ones that never watch the Lightning. You should be used to our players not getting a lot of league-wide notoriety by now.

We know what we got in Hedman, and it's showing up on the ice and on the scoresheet. That's all that matters.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
The only people that still think anyone other than Weber/Suter/Doughty are clearly better than Hedman right now are ones that never watch the Lightning. You should be used to our players not getting a lot of league-wide notoriety by now.

We know what we got in Hedman, and it's showing up on the ice and on the scoresheet. That's all that matters.

Oh I know. Just hilarious they shut up when I posted stats.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

Found my favorite one. Found it randomly looking through a rival team's board (this is from mid-October):

You have to be better defensively than Hedman is to consider him top ten. People love stat watching when making these lists. 55 points is pretty damn impressive.

You know the most complimentary thing I've heard someone say about Hedman's defense? It's "above-average." And you know what? It isn't. It may be average right now, but it's not noteworthy in any way other than how awful he occasionally looks.

Matt Carle and Eric Brewer both were considered more reliable on the powerplay than Hedman last season. Both are ****. So far this year? Carle, Garrison, Gudas AND Anton Stralman all getting equal or better PK minutes. That's not a top ten defenseman in the NHL if you're not good enough to get the toughest defensive minutes in THAT group of misfits.

2020 Cup Champions

Nov 26, 2013
How dare Hedman not be getting PK minutes when his hand is broken. He should be poke checking from the press box. What a chump.

I don't believe he was injured when that post was made. Anyhow, there's another division rival's board where Hedman got something approaching praise (and some in-depth discussion about a Guy Boucher interview that I'd love to hear, but I suspect it's in French).

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Hedman has been a mess for the most part since coming back from his 2nd injury this season. He had a great stretch pass to Kucherov last game but other than that he was arguably our worst D that night.

Do you think he was rushed back a bit with our D depth getting thin? Or is he just a little rusty?

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Hedman has been a mess for the most part since coming back from his 2nd injury this season. He had a great stretch pass to Kucherov last game but other than that he was arguably our worst D that night.

Do you think he was rushed back a bit with our D depth getting thin? Or is he just a little rusty?

I don't know why he has been playing like he has but I do know that a Swedish reporter who lives in NYC and met him after the last rangers game said the Hedman's finger had still been swollen and still hurt a bit so maybe it goes all the way back to that, that he couldn't use his hand 100% when he cameback so he was forced to play in a different way and maybe that made him a bit unsure of what to do and then things kind of went bad from there. Or it's just rust, or rust after missing so long + some pain still being there...no matter what it is hopefully this break will do him good and we'll see the real Hedman soon because we're going to need him.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Doesn't look like injuries, his mistake are from being in bad position, brain farts and not being physical enough, aside from last season Hedman has been hugely inconsistent throughout his career.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
When healthy he's unstoppable but it looks like he's having trouble playin through pain. I agree he's not been very good (for a player of his caliber) since coming back.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
When healthy he's unstoppable but it looks like he's having trouble playin through pain. I agree he's not been very good (for a player of his caliber) since coming back.

My hunch is that it's timing/rust, not really playing through an injury right now. But that's not to say it's not possible.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
Can someone please reassure me that these Erik Karlsson for Hedman trade talks are just rumours and hold no weight? I live in Ottawa, and I've been hearing an unsettling amount of talks about the two being discussed in a trade. Now, I think the potential trade wouldn't be entirely horrible, but I just don't want Tampa to trade him away.

BUT if they were, and they got Karlsson... at least it would be extremely easy to meet my favourite hockey player.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Can someone please reassure me that these Erik Karlsson for Hedman trade talks are just rumours and hold no weight? I live in Ottawa, and I've been hearing an unsettling amount of talks about the two being discussed in a trade. Now, I think the potential trade wouldn't be entirely horrible, but I just don't want Tampa to trade him away.

BUT if they were, and they got Karlsson... at least it would be extremely easy to meet my favourite hockey player.

I haven't heard anything.

2020 Cup Champions

Nov 26, 2013

It would be fairly silly, I think, for either side.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I listen to a lot of TSN radio, and this is the first I've heard of this rumor, so I doubt there's anything to it. But in all honesty, the move wouldn't be horrible. If it was on the table I think Yzerman would give it a long hard think-through. Karlsson's signed at $6.5 until something like 2019/20? That looks like a pretty sweet deal right now. And he's a guy who could single-handedly save our PP.

We'd have to add though, probably significantly. It would be a blockbuster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad