Player Discussion: Victor Hedman

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Can someone please reassure me that these Erik Karlsson for Hedman trade talks are just rumours and hold no weight? I live in Ottawa, and I've been hearing an unsettling amount of talks about the two being discussed in a trade. Now, I think the potential trade wouldn't be entirely horrible, but I just don't want Tampa to trade him away.

BUT if they were, and they got Karlsson... at least it would be extremely easy to meet my favourite hockey player.

Hahahah who said that?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Can someone please reassure me that these Erik Karlsson for Hedman trade talks are just rumours and hold no weight? I live in Ottawa, and I've been hearing an unsettling amount of talks about the two being discussed in a trade. Now, I think the potential trade wouldn't be entirely horrible, but I just don't want Tampa to trade him away.

BUT if they were, and they got Karlsson... at least it would be extremely easy to meet my favourite hockey player.

I would say there are two guys on are roster that are not getting moved and that's stamkos and hedman

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
Hedman has had a wildly inconsistent career. Strange guy. At time he looks like a top 5 D in the league and at times he looks just above average. If he could find the consistency the guy could be really good

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
How soft is this guy
RegalHonorableCaecilian.gif

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
The entire arena thought he got called for that hit. Then when we saw the replay with Morrow, it was like "ahh". Nobody even cared that we were going to have to kill a penalty, that was such a pretty check.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
The entire arena thought he got called for that hit. Then when we saw the replay with Morrow, it was like "ahh". Nobody even cared that we were going to have to kill a penalty, that was such a pretty check.

The annoying as hell thing about Morrow's cross checking was, the ignored penalties that were wholly similar to what they called Morrow for. The Stralman tripping call was clearly tripping, pretty much textbook can opener. Had no problem with that call if you viewed it in a vacuum. The problem is, they ignored DDK's cross check boarding of Stamkos and 2 different DRW players going for penetration on TJ in the corner just prior to calling Morrow for that weak cross check.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket

Yeah, when I saw it on TV, I was going nuts that they called that. Even Bishop looks confused in that gif. Turns out it was Morrow.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
I was glad to see him throw a hit like that. We're all simply left wanting him to do it more often though. Imagine what a force he could be as a hitter, with his size and great agility.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Love how the two nice checks Hedman throws each season proves he's a physical defenseman. He's not soft, but he's not physical. He's a positional defenseman. He plays defense by being between the puck and his net. He doesn't play a physical style, and one hit doesn't change that.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Love how the two nice checks Hedman throws each season proves he's a physical defenseman. He's not soft, but he's not physical. He's a positional defenseman. He plays defense by being between the puck and his net. He doesn't play a physical style, and one hit doesn't change that.

He's not known for his physicality he's known for his bursts of offence every now and then. When he does hit and show his gritty/chipy side he can lay them out tho no problem.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009

Didn't see anybody claiming it made him Chris Pronger. But I do see plenty of Lightning fans complaining about his softness and that's not true.

How many times has he thrown that exact same hit and been called for interference or roughing?

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Didn't see anybody claiming it made him Chris Pronger. But I do see plenty of Lightning fans complaining about his softness and that's not true.

How many times has he thrown that exact same hit and been called for interference or roughing?

He isn't soft, but he isn't physical. The only time I wish he was more physical is when the other team starts crashing our net and jamming away at the goalie. It's not just Hedman, but all of our defenseman. They usually stand around and let the other team get 3-4 swipes at it before they get in there.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Do Swedes not tan or something?

Most Swedes (myself included) have a hard time getting a tan, turning red is a lot more common. And that sunburn is so painful that I couldn't imagine putting on hockey gear if it happens so I can imagine that's why he's being really careful. Stralman said at the start of the srason that he also have to be careful in the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad