OT: Via Twitter poll, Franco Aquilini wants to know if Bo Horvat should get the captaincy

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
The tweet doesnt name Horvat as the choice it just asks if we should name a captain for this season

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Putting Bo thru what?

Would you not think any owner would have input on who captains his team?
But having said that... where does it suggest it's Aqualini's call to decide who the captain is?
..unless you meant to inquire as to Why is it Aqualini's call on WHEN they name a captain...

Just seems like basic fan interaction by the owner... why get your knickers in a knot?

This has to be a joke/fake post right??? Otherwise this is an A-grade a batshit crazy move. This is just some of the dumbest crap I've ever seen from a supposedly professional organisation. This is a fan chat forum, these kind of polls are what fans do for fun, you don't run a professional organisation this way.

How do you we, from the outside, know who is a good captain? Really know? We are not on the bench during games,n at training, not in the rooms, we just go on random snippets and press clippings.

What next.... I want a poll on Tyler Myers. We should get a right to get a right to veto Benning's moves via twitter polls.

Last edited:
Reactions: mratch19

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Either management think someone’s ready or they don’t. Why let the fans decide the timing?

Besides, given the nature of social media these days, this is just not a good idea.
It wasn't a good idea even before social media. Vote for the club mascot or new hotdog sauce flavour, sure, but running of the club noooo.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
This has to be a joke/fake post right??? Otherwise this is an A-grade a bat**** crazy move. This is just some of the dumbest crap I've ever seen from a supposedly professional organisation. This is a fan chat forum, these kind of polls are what fans do for fun, you don't run a professional organisation this way.

How do you we, from the outside, know who is a good captain? Really know? We are not on the bench during games,n at training, not in the rooms, we just go on random snippets and press clippings.

What next.... I want a poll on Tyler Myers. We should get a right to get a right to veto Benning's moves via twitter polls.

Wow... you just went off on a whole rant for something Aqualini didn’t even say or tweet.

Congrats on your reading comprehension and wasted rant energy.

Last edited:

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
lead_720_405.jpg

Bring me Horvat!

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
The tweet doesnt name Horvat as the choice it just asks if we should name a captain for this season

Fair enough and I admit that I rushed to judgement (I can’t see twitter over here in China and I had assumed that the posters in this thread were being accurate with their details).

In that case, I don’t think Aqua’s actions were unprofessional at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad