OT: Via Twitter poll, Franco Aquilini wants to know if Bo Horvat should get the captaincy

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Why are they putting Bo Horvat thru this. and why is it Aquilini call who the Captain is ?

Putting Bo thru what?

Would you not think any owner would have input on who captains his team?
But having said that... where does it suggest it's Aqualini's call to decide who the captain is?
..unless you meant to inquire as to Why is it Aqualini's call on WHEN they name a captain...

Just seems like basic fan interaction by the owner... why get your knickers in a knot?

Reactions: John Johnson

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
"Bo, we're making you captain."

"This is a great honour, I've worked all my life for moments like these, and . . ."

"It was a twitter poll, Fin got the most votes but the league stepped in and told us it apparently has to be someone who suits up during the game."

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I honestly dont mind this.

If Aquas & the GM were not so hated I doubt the response to a silly poll like this would be quite so severe.

Reactions: Zombotron

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
lol, the real question is whether to name horvat now or wait for pettersson so it doesn't get awkward.

the owner is not satisfied with management's views on the subject so he throws horvat, the gm and coaching staff and under the boss by asking this question. doing it on his personal twitter account is a nice touch.

anyone questioning who is running this team?

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
I honestly dont mind this.

If Aquas & the GM were not so hated I doubt the response to a silly poll like this would be quite so severe.

Either management think someone’s ready or they don’t. Why let the fans decide the timing?

Besides, given the nature of social media these days, this is just not a good idea.

Reactions: daddyohsix

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
reports are coming in from the poll that we are signing some guy named boaty mcboatface as our new captain!

Reactions: xtra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad