VHL General Discussion

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
this year like no other yet features a lot of young talent in the VHL. I wouldn't call Ruslan Bashkirov young anymore (he is almost 25), but glad to witness his revival, may be he will hook up somewhere in the KHL next year. Also of note - 22 year old K. Lebedev. Boyarshinov and Saprykin as the young goalies as well.

Still no sign of Kuchin? Did he give up on hockey?

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
this year like no other yet features a lot of young talent in the VHL. I wouldn't call Ruslan Bashkirov young anymore (he is almost 25), but glad to witness his revival, may be he will hook up somewhere in the KHL next year. Also of note - 22 year old K. Lebedev. Boyarshinov and Saprykin as the young goalies as well.

Koshelev is doing well, Barabanov is doing well, also young goalie Alikin has good stats, also the young Kabelka is doing alright in Lipetsk, maybe Minsk should have gave him a spot in the team instead of their beloved random foreigners

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
I just noticed that Bashkirov leads the leauge in points by quite a large margin now. It's like his brother, who quit this season, was damaging his career all along. What a great story. I wonder why mainstream media continue to ignore that.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I just noticed that Bashkirov leads the leauge in points by quite a large margin now. It's like his brother, who quit this season, was damaging his career all along. What a great story. I wonder why mainstream media continue to ignore that.

his brother quit hockey? I didn't know that. The one who was dragging his career was his dad, who insisted any team that signs him has to sign his brother.

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
his brother quit hockey? I didn't know that. The one who was dragging his career was his dad, who insisted any team that signs him has to sign his brother.

Since almost nobody writes about the VHL, I can't even say for sure. There are no stats on Roman this season. That must be it.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Saryrarka already lost Macho (sp?)

Great news - Khimik will be back to the VHL!!!...In all honesty, Spartak needs to go there as well - VHL must become a cornerstone of Russian Hockey with only the best of the best playing in the KHL.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Great news - Khimik will be back to the VHL!!!.
Indeed. Voskresensk has produced such players as Yuri Lyapkin, Vladimir Golikov, Alexander Golikov, Vladimir Lavrentyev, Igor Larionov, Valeri Kamensky, Slava Kozlov, German Titov, Alexander Chernykh, Valeri Zelepukin, Dimitri Kvartalnov, Andrei Lomakin, Sergei Berezin and Andrei Markov.

Per capita it was the best hockey town in Russia. Hopefully hockey can be revived there and all the previous hockey know-how in the town has not been lost.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Indeed. Voskresensk has produced such players as Yuri Lyapkin, Vladimir Golikov, Alexander Golikov, Vladimir Lavrentyev, Igor Larionov, Valeri Kamensky, Slava Kozlov, German Titov, Alexander Chernykh, Valeri Zelepukin, Dimitri Kvartalnov, Andrei Lomakin, Sergei Berezin and Andrei Markov.

Per capita it was the best hockey town in Russia. Hopefully hockey can be revived there and all the previous hockey know-how in the town has not been lost.

it won't get revived to the old levels, since Atlant/Vityaz' rob them on pre-junior levels, and the MHL players get poached away as well...but it is just great to have them back on the map, even in the vhl

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Finns Toni Dahlman and Roope Ranta will play for Torpedo Nizhni Tagil this season. Nizhni Tagil is far away in Siberia and has produced some good players like former Moscow Spartak great Sergei Shepelev.

MTV3 interviewed Dahlman about VHL: http://www.mtv.fi/sport/jaakiekko/k...-farmiliigaan-korvaus-on-kohtuullinen/4304130

Some of his impressions:

- Everything has gone better than expected. Things are run professionally.
- The level of play is good. Dahlman thinks that Mestis clubs could not play in the VHL and that VHL teams could play evenly against Liiga teams.
- The pay is better than in Liiga. This was a surprise for me. I never thought VHL players would be better compensated than Liiga players.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
The team name in Nizhny Tagil is Sputnik. Also worth mentioning Radulov brothers as they also hail from this town.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Yeah i noticed that too, interesting since they often don't stream 'bigger' KHL games, like Metallurg vs CSKA today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad