VHL General Discussion

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
The very reason why he is moving to NA.

That makes more sense. I didn't click the link but was wondering why he would leave the VHL for the ECHL. Sad. But he was really already a bust even before this doping.

loppa*

I was looking for some stuff regarding the serbian hockey league game played today, and I stumbled upon this...

Kada je u pitanju Partizanov nastup van granica Srbije, trener Bera kaže da klub ima veoma ambiciozan plan za sledeću sezonu, a cilj je – RUSIJA!

“Partizan se prijavio za Višaju ligu, to je drugi nivo takmičenja, odmah ispod čuvenog KHL-a. U februaru ili martu ćemo tačno znati šta se dešava sa tim. Naravno, ključnu ulogu će odigrati finansije. Zasad ta priča ide u pravom i ozbiljnom smeru. To bi bila velika stvar i za Partizan i za srpski hokej“,

Takodje su mediji pre pola godine pisali kako je Direktor VHL lige Skoropupov Herman izjavio kako je Partizan izrazio želju da se pridruži Ligi i da će najvjerojatnije igrati u VHL-u, ali tek od sezone 2016/17.

Translation:
When it is in question about Partizan's participation outside of Serbia's borders, the teams' trainer, Bera, says that the club has a very ambitious plan for the next season - the goal is Russia.

"Partizan has registered for the VHL, that is the second level of competition, right under the famous KHL. In february or march we will know exactly what is going on with the team. Of course, the key role will be played by finances. For now that story moves in a serious direction. This would be a big thing for Partizan and serbian hockey.

Also about half a year ago, medias have written how the director of the VHL league, Herman Skoropupov, said that Partizan wanted to join the league, and that they will most likely join the VHL but from the 2016-17 season.

Yeeeeeeah!

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Translation:
When it is in question about Partizan's participation outside of Serbia's borders, the teams' trainer, Bera, says that the club has a very ambitious plan for the next season - the goal is Russia.

"Partizan has registered for the VHL, that is the second level of competition, right under the famous KHL. In february or march we will know exactly what is going on with the team. Of course, the key role will be played by finances. For now that story moves in a serious direction. This would be a big thing for Partizan and serbian hockey.

Also about half a year ago, medias have written how the director of the VHL league, Herman Skoropupov, said that Partizan wanted to join the league, and that they will most likely join the VHL but from the 2016-17 season.

Yeeeeeeah!

Do you consider this as a step for KHL? I really have no idea at all about Serbian hockey. If Partizan played in VHL, would they attract crowds? Is there any potential in near future to "thicken" in VHL and then start competing in KHL? As I said, I don't know at all about Serbian hockey but I guess if Croats can have a team in KHL, Serbs may succeed it as well.

loppa*

Do you consider this as a step for KHL? I really have no idea at all about Serbian hockey. If Partizan played in VHL, would they attract crowds? Is there any potential in near future to "thicken" in VHL and then start competing in KHL? As I said, I don't know at all about Serbian hockey but I guess if Croats can have a team in KHL, Serbs may succeed it as well.

I am not sure if their arena in Belgrade even meets VHL standards...

Medvescak is not a long term KHL project, I think. A team in Belgrade probably won't be, or at least as things stand I don't see it so.

habsturies

May 27, 2012
Baja California Sur
why there's so big difference in broadcasting between some teams?

I mean,no HD,bad angle cameras,etc

SKA,Sibir,Salavat,Magtnika,etc got a great stuff,but teams like Vytyaz,,Torpedo,Automovilist,Traktor,Kunzia or Neftekhimik are poor.IMO

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
why there's so big difference in broadcasting between some teams?

I mean,no HD,bad angle cameras,etc

SKA,Sibir,Salavat,Magtnika,etc got a great stuff,but teams like Vytyaz,,Torpedo,Automovilist,Traktor,Kunzia or Neftekhimik are poor.IMO

Fellow laola1.tv'er? :laugh:

If this is the case, I think it's about webcasting. I guess people in Yekaterinburg can watch Avto on TV with much better quality - I mean, the one we are given is really unacceptable for a smooth broadcast. In fact, I once watched a pirated Avto game from TV and yes, it was much better than what I saw until that time. :sarcasm:

And... What does this have to do with VHL?

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
In case anyone is interested, VHL play-off starts today and laola1.tv will stream the game Toros Neftekamsk against Sputnik Nizhny Tagil. Here is a question: What is the attendance averages for VHL, any record on that one? Is it like what AHL is to NHL, or simply a farm league which people do not care about? I know some teams attract relatively good crowds but I am not sure about overall prestige and attendance of the league.

Update: Not only Toros-Sputnik but also Buran Voronezh-Dinamo Balashika is on the menu.

Last edited:

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
some teams are pure farms and don't attrack anything, yet there are some teams that have some hockey history and a decent following, like Ermak.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
some teams are pure farms and don't attrack anything, yet there are some teams that have some hockey history and a decent following, like Ermak.

History is always written by the Victors csk. This is supposed to be a brand-spanking Brave New World. the KHL... Im a gunna buy into their program... for now..... see how it all shakes down later... comes out in the wash... I got the time... so far... no major complaints... you?

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Voronezh losing the series after leading 3-0 against Balashika... Ouch...

Can't find much time or many streams but as far as I can watch, VHL games are very entertaining. Aside from Balashika who managed the almost impossible, kudos to Mechel and Sputnik for prolonging the series to seven games. Great spirit.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Voronezh losing the series after leading 3-0 against Balashika... Ouch...

Can't find much time or many streams but as far as I can watch, VHL games are very entertaining. Aside from Balashika who managed the almost impossible, kudos to Mechel and Sputnik for prolonging the series to seven games. Great spirit.

Shame that Balashikha people don't care about the games. Their arena is virtually empty in playoffs.

Milos Krasic

Jul 1, 2008
My goal is to get the VHL thread more active this season.

Would I be wasting my time or is there interest in this?

Milos Krasic

Jul 1, 2008
I love the VHL, so I'll participate :)

Thanks for your participation. I love the VHL too, and it's kind of depressing the 2015-16 season went a whole year on one page.

Maybe a mod could edit the title, or I could start a new thread for 2016-17.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Thanks for your participation. I love the VHL too, and it's kind of depressing the 2015-16 season went a whole year on one page.

Maybe a mod could edit the title, or I could start a new thread for 2016-17.

Judging by the number of players that make the jump every year to the K, it's a high quality league too. Being a Sibir fan, my team is Ermak, so hoping the boys can make another run this coming year.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
I love and follow VHL as much as I can, yet I don't know much about the league so I just can't write anything other than "Wow, X won this, a big surprise" stuff. However, I would be really happy to see this thread active - your posts will surely not go unnoticed. As for me, laola1.tv streams some games so it's watchable as well. How to say... VHL looks exotic and more local to me. Always fun to see how teams are doing.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
I love and follow VHL as much as I can, yet I don't know much about the league so I just can't write anything other than "Wow, X won this, a big surprise" stuff. However, I would be really happy to see this thread active - your posts will surely not go unnoticed. As for me, laola1.tv streams some games so it's watchable as well. How to say... VHL looks exotic and more local to me. Always fun to see how teams are doing.

As for watching VHL games, you can pretty much watch every VHL game on Youtube. I am pretty sure they have a live feed, but certainly every game that is televised is posted on Youtube after the fact.

Milos Krasic

Jul 1, 2008
League MVP Aslan Raisov to Sokol Krasnoyarsk after shots with Yugra and Amur

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Season gets underway next Thursday. With KHL already going, I'm pretty stoked for the start of the V as well. I'm a Sibir fan, so Ermak is my team.

Who do you guys cheer for?

Predictions on the upcoming year?

Milos Krasic

Jul 1, 2008
I of course like Saryarka and Torpedo because of their affiliations. Also, I like Rubin Tyumen.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Although I'm generally indifferent about the VHL until late in the playoffs I kinda keep an eye on Saryarka since a Lithuanian is playing there. Or to be more clear, one of the best Lithuanian hockey players is playing there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad