VHL General Discussion

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Русская классика (Russian classic) is back, this time in Chelyabinsk. Details on saturday

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Yeah, it's all fun and everything, but this week GTRK "Samara" got the new FullHD 16cam OB Van, with super-slow motion Canon cameras and all that other modern stuff. So if someone will actually order them an HD broadcast it will be of top-notch quality.

i-Ebbki6Xw0.jpg

FwixsC0Uv3A.jpg

^ Camera for $ 135 000

Last edited:

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Comeback story of the year. From a running joke to Joel Quenneville of VHL hockey!

If he maintains his sucess he probably will be hired by Kuznya or Neftekhimk for the next season.

well last year he coached Kapitan and made them at least competitive very fast. Was he just a victim of FHR's fraud?

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Who knows what is going on there, but I love it, hence my avatar. But it looked so unlikely in the summer. Loosing Kolesnikov to Barys, Korabeynikov to Metallurg Nk, Koledayev to Sokol made me seem that Ustinka is dead for good. Plyuschev's first signing was his son, so everything looked gloomy.

But their youth is making the difference, Koshelev and Sergiyenko are racking in every rookie award between them on weekly basis. Also their goalkeeping is stellar But this can't go on for too long.

QRemparts

Jan 2, 2012
How do Semyon Koshelev looks so far in the VHL? I was looking at the stats and he put the same number that Nichushkin put last year. And he's not on the prelim nhl rankings for the draft. I try to watch one of his game but the streaming was not great. So if someone see him play or have some info about him. How his skating look, his passing, his shooting, his defensive play, his hockey IQ, his vision? Someone compare him to Radulov...

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
How do Semyon Koshelev looks so far in the VHL? I was looking at the stats and he put the same number that Nichushkin put last year. And he's not on the prelim nhl rankings for the draft. I try to watch one of his game but the streaming was not great. So if someone see him play or have some info about him. How his skating look, his passing, his shooting, his defensive play, his hockey IQ, his vision? Someone compare him to Radulov...

I don't know, but he garnered enough attention for CSKA to acquire his rights. I will try to watch him closely now.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I don't know, but he garnered enough attention for CSKA to acquire his rights. I will try to watch him closely now.

Weird move knowing that he should count as a foreigner in KHL, making his breakthrough through CSKA ranks very unlikely. And unlike Ponikarovsky, Koshelev can't be shrugged under "born-in-Soviet Union-thus-no-foreigner" tag.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Weird move knowing that he should count as a foreigner in KHL, making his breakthrough through CSKA ranks very unlikely. And unlike Ponikarovsky, Koshelev can't be shrugged under "born-in-Soviet Union-thus-no-foreigner" tag.

the limit will be tweaked significantly soon, imho

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Brennan to Saryarka. Vityaz' has moved to Kazahkstan)

From what I read everyone in Karaganda was surprised by the attitude and sheer professionalism displayed by Gratton last year in playoffs. In this level he actually might not be a dead weight.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
this year like no other yet features a lot of young talent in the VHL. I wouldn't call Ruslan Bashkirov young anymore (he is almost 25), but glad to witness his revival, may be he will hook up somewhere in the KHL next year. Also of note - 22 year old K. Lebedev. Boyarshinov and Saprykin as the young goalies as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad