VHL General Discussion

loppa*

Your lunatic rumor of the day - Partizan Belgrad to possibly join VHL! http://rsport.ru/hockey/20150525/834499737.html

That would actually be very awesome.

Tell me, how does the VHL compare to MOL or EBEL leagues? There were very serious discussions about Partizan joining MOL, and there were some rumors about them joining EBEL.

edit/add: If the Russians invest in a new arena a lot of stuff can happen.

Back in the old days Belgrade had this stadium for hockey...

stadion.jpg
That is the new renovated photo.
In the 1970s an actual rink was built, so hockey has not been played there since then. The Stadium itself fell into serious disrepair but in the last few years it was renewed.

The outdoor arena used to have 10,000 I think?
tasmajdan_stadion_nekada.jpg

There really is some potential for this VHL project, if it is indeed serious.

One final picture...
rekonstrukcija-tasmajdana.jpg

Lets make this dream a reality. Contact your local VHL and KHL representative and tell them to support this project.

Finally, en route to joining the KHL one day, Belgrade could have the biggest arena out of all the Arenas in Europe... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kombank_Arena

Last edited by a moderator:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
All these wild and insane rumors and actual VHL teams are dropping like flies. Rubin follows the footsteps of Kuban :(

Arlus

Apr 3, 2014
Europe
All these wild and insane rumors and actual VHL teams are dropping like flies. Rubin follows the footsteps of Kuban :(

This is really curious... How come a team with good results and talks about a new arena to be built in order to join KHL... is not able now to compete in VHL!!! Not even mentioning that is from an area with a lot of resources and many companies...

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
This is really curious... How come a team with good results and talks about a new arena to be built in order to join KHL... is not able now to compete in VHL!!! Not even mentioning that is from an area with a lot of resources and many companies...

If the resources goes elsewhere that's the end of a team, nothing curious at all. This case is no different than disappearing of Lev or Atlant. All this talk about KHL and building arena cost exactly nothing. If Tyumen were even remotely serious, we would have seen something tangible happen in last 7 years :laugh:

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Just to remember, that the topic name is "VHL 2013-2014 General Discussion".

It should have a new name. Lets say - VHL 2015-2016 General Discussion

I changed it to "VHL General Discussion". There's probably no need for a new one every year.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Saryrarka already lost Macho (sp?)

Great news - Khimik will be back to the VHL!!!...In all honesty, Spartak needs to go there as well - VHL must become a cornerstone of Russian Hockey with only the best of the best playing in the KHL.

I think you are absolutely right! Without a strong VHL, there would be very little depth or foundation in the system. And the KHL should be the destination of the best of the KHL.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Rumors of Lipetsk being close to going bust as well. Dizel also has lived beyond its means somehow. Also couple of VHL teams (Sarov for example) are giving up on having MHLB teams.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
With Kuban going bust, who gets Aslan Raisov? The pride of Grozny.

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
This is a bit of suprise to me, if you consider Gazprom is the main sponsor of Red Star Beograde and historic rivalry between those teams...I expected Crvena zvezda to be the club applying for Vhl/Khl. I mean it's obvious russian money will be involved in this project just like in case of Zagreb.

loppa*

This is a bit of suprise to me, if you consider Gazprom is the main sponsor of Red Star Beograde and historic rivalry between those teams...I expected Crvena zvezda to be the club applying for Vhl/Khl. I mean it's obvious russian money will be involved in this project just like in case of Zagreb.

The leadership/owner of crvena zvezda's hockey thing is a disgrace. The team and leadership lacks ambition, lacks, desire, lacks everything. Crvena Zvezda likes to invest in childrens hockey... you know, the owner's son is young, so, he invests it as a hobby for his son. It is the same with Partizan, but, the son is older. Hence, Partizan is more serious about bigger competition for seniors. That's how they were in Slohokej and how they wanted to join MOL. Crvena Zvezda meanwhile let its senior team drop out of the Serbian league. They basically almost don't exist.

Both Partizan and Crvena Zvezda are destructive for hockey development in Serbia as a whole, I would think, but, it is what it is, together they almost own the hockey federation, which rubber stamps whatever they want. One group tries to monopolize the seniors, the other tries to monopolize the juniors.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Anybody know who Sibir's VHL affiliate is? I've gotten about four different answers from four different sources. In fact is there a reliable place to find out who the affiliates are for all the KHL teams?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
khl.png

visit KHL website, there are infos from 2014/15 season. KHL clubs use to change its VHL farm teams every year, so check it at the start of new season as well.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Ya, I knew about that. That was one of the sources I was talking about. Wikipedia says something different and another website says something different from those two.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Ya, I knew about that. That was one of the sources I was talking about. Wikipedia says something different and another website says something different from those two.

I would not trust wikipedia about KHL, especially english one.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Mikhail Stefanovich left Dizel for the ECHL.

This guy was once a hot prospect for Belarus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->