VHL General Discussion

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Wouldn't a cooperation Medvescak-Olimpija have been the best solution for all sides - the two teams, EBEL, Slovenian hockey etc? IIHF are really crappy...

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Artūrs Mickevičs and Kaspars Saulietis - Toros
Artūrs OzoliņÅ¡ - Dizel Penza
Māris Jass - Voronez

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
if VHL won't come to Latvia, Latvia will come to the VHL:laugh:

Yeah, recently Aleksejs and Maksims Sirokovs + Koba Jass played for Torpedo, Jerofejevs was in Krasnodar, Dasutins got game or two in Balashikha. So it's not like there's some recent trend to move to VHL, though I'd welcome such.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Yeah, recently Aleksejs and Maksims Sirokovs + Koba Jass played for Torpedo, Jerofejevs was in Krasnodar, Dasutins got game or two in Balashikha. So it's not like there's some recent trend to move to VHL, though I'd welcome such.

VHL is better than Latvian league and even Belarus leauge I guess. At least you got a lot of guys with KHL experience in the league and many young talents who want to make the jump to the K.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
VHL is better than Latvian league and even Belarus leauge I guess.
VHL is far better than Belarus league. The level of Belarus league has gone down from what it was 5-10 years ago. Belarus league also lost it's best team Yunost Minsk which joined the VHL.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
VHL is far better than Belarus league. The level of Belarus league has gone down from what it was 5-10 years ago. Belarus league also lost it's best team Yunost Minsk which joined the VHL.

back in Belarus if I know

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
picking at Torpedo - Lada, boy Lada looks horrid.

You are a brave, brave man for watching VHL streams from Ust-Kamenogorsk. :laugh: The quality of the whole broadcast as such just makes me angry.

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Mats Bodker and Kiril Starkov have signed with Yuzhniy Ural

Starkov is back in Denmark already. Mads Bødker at least has the company of two semi-Danes in Coach Chistyakov and Chistyakov Junior...

Would love to keep up with the progress of Bødker and the Chistyakovs. Didn't the VHL stream pretty much every game on youtube last season? I can't seem to find their channel for this season... :help:

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Starkov is back in Denmark already. Mads Bødker at least has the company of two semi-Danes in Coach Chistyakov and Chistyakov Junior...

Would love to keep up with the progress of Bødker and the Chistyakovs. Didn't the VHL stream pretty much every game on youtube last season? I can't seem to find their channel for this season... :help:

they still do, all the links will be on the onhockey.ru or vhlru.ru.

Did Starkov not make the team, lol?

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Today is the first official game in Togliatti's new arena.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010

cska78 is right, all VHL games can be found on internet. It seems VHL has deal with website http://www.sportlive1.com/ Quality depends on club

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
they still do, all the links will be on the onhockey.ru or vhlru.ru.

Did Starkov not make the team, lol?

I don't know what happened, but according to Starkov himself, he had some visa issues:

http://www.hockeymagasinet.dk/index.php/pressemeddelelsen-fra-energy/

Seems a bit strange that Starkov, who is a Danish citizen but was born Russian, would have issues and that Bødker had no such problems. Maybe the Russians here can shed some light on that? I would say that it is more likely, that his hometown team in Esbjerg suddenly found a cardboard box full of money and thus was able to offer Starkov a contract on par with what he would have earned in Orsk...

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I don't know what happened, but according to Starkov himself, he had some visa issues:

http://www.hockeymagasinet.dk/index.php/pressemeddelelsen-fra-energy/

Seems a bit strange that Starkov, who is a Danish citizen but was born Russian, would have issues and that Bødker had no such problems. Maybe the Russians here can shed some light on that? I would say that it is more likely, that his hometown team in Esbjerg suddenly found a cardboard box full of money and thus was able to offer Starkov a contract on par with what he would have earned in Orsk...

Orsk is a Magnitka's farm, why would they go for a high priced player? How can Starkov have Visa problems, when he has a russian passport? (unless it's the same story as I, when mine expired and it took me 13 month to renew:laugh:)

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Orsk is a Magnitka's farm, why would they go for a high priced player? How can Starkov have Visa problems, when he has a russian passport? (unless it's the same story as I, when mine expired and it took me 13 month to renew:laugh:)

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense to me either. Nevertheless, that is the explanation Starkov himself has given. I think he has the skills to play at the VHL level, given that he has performed OK - but no more than that - at the SEL-2 level.

My best guess is that he got homesick. He is a high earning player by Danish standards, but I suspect it's nothing too impressive by Russian standards. I don't have much insight into the finances of Danish clubs, but let me put it this way: I wouldn't be surprised if Starkov is earning €50-60k/year in Esbjerg. That would make him a high earner by Danish standards. The total player salary cap in the Danish league is around €800,000 and some teams are spending as little as €300,000 on player salaries.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Yeah, it doesn't make much sense to me either. Nevertheless, that is the explanation Starkov himself has given. I think he has the skills to play at the VHL level, given that he has performed OK - but no more than that - at the SEL-2 level.

My best guess is that he got homesick. He is a high earning player by Danish standards, but I suspect it's nothing too impressive by Russian standards. I don't have much insight into the finances of Danish clubs, but let me put it this way: I wouldn't be surprised if Starkov is earning €50-60k/year in Esbjerg. That would make him a high earner by Danish standards. The total player salary cap in the Danish league is around €800,000 and some teams are spending as little as €300,000 on player salaries.

doubt it's homesick, the guy is ethnic Russian and speaks Russian fluently. He played for CSKA a bit - he is horrid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad