VHL General Discussion

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
More inclined to believe this Skachkov being upgrade version. Or alternatively maybe Belarussian passports again are being wiped out of league now that they are supposedly labelled as local players in KHL

powerplaymaker

Mar 5, 2018
Helsinki
Is there any chance that some day KHL would be open series, where the winner of the VHL could play a qualification series agains the worst russian team in the KHL? Winner gets to play in the KHL and loser goes to VHL?

Of course there should be numerous requirements to the VHL winner in order to get to play the qualification round. For example they should have big enough rink and all of the facilities should meet the KHL requirements. Regional things should be considered also...

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Is there any chance that some day KHL would be open series, where the winner of the VHL could play a qualification series agains the worst russian team in the KHL? Winner gets to play in the KHL and loser goes to VHL?

Of course there should be numerous requirements to the VHL winner in order to get to play the qualification round. For example they should have big enough rink and all of the facilities should meet the KHL requirements. Regional things should be considered also...
I personally doubt it.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
CSKA, by the way, are doing their yearly thing where they send half of their first team roster to the VHL. Svetlakov, Tolchinsky, Chmykhov, Karnaukhov sent down this time and this Zvezda roster unsurprisingly won 2 out of 2 so far. Against SKA-Neva today to whom this was a first regulation loss in over a month.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
CSKA, by the way, are doing their yearly thing where they send half of their first team roster to the VHL. Svetlakov, Tolchinsky, Chmykhov, Karnaukhov sent down this time and this Zvezda roster unsurprisingly won 2 out of 2 so far. Against SKA-Neva today to whom this was a first regulation loss in over a month.
Nothing wrong with guys getting some practice, all CSKA products as well.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So the time has come, SKA playing Li and Kruchinin in the VHL. I guess Rundblad would be there as well if Hersley weren't injured.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Are VHL playoffs best of 5 this season? On Flashscore, I see only three games listed per pairing. Also, is it possible to watch the games online?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
By the way pretty impressive how Lada's season crashed and burned.

What are salaries like in VHL?

EBEL, Allsvenskan level, probably higher.

Salary Expectations – 2112HockeyAgency.com

Judging by the imports on VHL teams they are a good step lower than EBEL, roughly around what players would get in the lower end European leagues, like mid-table Slovakian teams or Norway/Denmark. Look how many Russian vets scattered around Europe (Romania, Poland, etc.) after KHL contraption, not many of them decided to play in the VHL so I assume the pay isn't great.

Depends on the team and the player too, surely.

Kruchinin is playing for SKA-Neva today too :laugh: Nice. From playing in KHL conference final to playing in the VHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dueling Banjos

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
By the way pretty impressive how Lada's season crashed and burned.

Judging by the imports on VHL teams they are a good step lower than EBEL, roughly around what players would get in the lower end European leagues, like mid-table Slovakian teams or Norway/Denmark. Look how many Russian vets scattered around Europe (Romania, Poland, etc.) after KHL contraption, not many of them decided to play in the VHL so I assume the pay isn't great.

Depends on the team and the player too, surely.

Kruchinin is playing for SKA-Neva today too :laugh: Nice. From playing in KHL conference final to playing in the VHL.
I do not say you are with salaries in the VHL, but the age limit in the VHL is a factor as well. A team can skate a maximum of five (?) players over 28 or 29.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
That is a factor but it should force out the lower end players, not Klimenkos or Potapovs, Frolovs, Luyduchins, Lemtyugovs etc. Surely how uncomfortable the VHL is to play in is a big part of it but one assumes those guys aren't missing out on piles of money either.

Section Netherlands

Feb 8, 2019
Is anyone outside of hardcore Russian fans even know what the VHL is?
I think most people are aware of there being a second league in Russia, comparable to the AHL. But I dont think anyone cares about the league really. Podkolzin, considered one of the better players in the upcoming draft, played there for a bit this year.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
I think most people are aware of there being a second league in Russia, comparable to the AHL. But I dont think anyone cares about the league really. Podkolzin, considered one of the better players in the upcoming draft, played there for a bit this year.
I hope you mean farm team-wise and not quality-wise

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Yeah, he was bad indeed but how bad do you have to be for a team to not even wait a few days until the season ends out of plain decency. I find it kinda funny. It's like "just get out of my sight asap".

I just find it funny that, after years of being the KHL's doormat, Kuznya now has standards, lol.

But, they finally tasted playoff experience, and have the cravings for more next season.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So Saryarka is basically in the finals after one of the humblest seasons - bad start, no big signings, no fanfare, 12th in the regular season.. As it is the team I follow/support the most (the team that has been home to 2 Lithuanian players now) it's definitely nice to see them get rewarded after so many years in contention. Sure the final is still ahead but they look rock solid at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad